C.H. Robinson

C.H. Robinson Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews

Found 34 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,435 reviews

It is good place to work. It is repetitive but with projects here and there. tHere is room to grow if you are motivated and dependable. There is many training opportunities as well.

Did Not Enjoy Working Here

There was a lot of scheming between staff, very uncomfortable.fortable atmosphere, and incorrigible attitudes. Everyone on salary except me and was difficult to have time off when everyone took time off never missed pay except myself despite being full time.

Pros

Paid on time

Cons

TERRIBLE coworkers

Great co workers

Would work there again if I were interested in Logistics and Supply Chain. Management was very helpful and welcoming. Did not have job security at the time

Pros

Lunches and holiday party

Cons

Job security

Huge problem with code of conduct with their employees and payroll. NEVER RECOMMEND TO WORK IN THIS COMPANY

Such a shame for a company to NOT pay to their employees when they are in stress leave due to burn out of work flow. Uneducated and awful management team , not understanding at all, never pay attention to employees and just want profit and profit. Strongly recommend to NEVER work for this company.They caused me to leave the country because they don'pay my rights. I never had such an experience in my life!

Good place to work for professionals! Good benefits. Team is friendly, management gives professional advises. No dress code, Coffee for free. A lot of outdoor activities.

Great Co-Workers, Terrible Management

Great co-workers, although the m to f ratio is very skewed and is very much a boys club management is more interested in who likes hockey and “fits in” then who does a good job and works hard.

Great Company

Had a great opportunity to learn, develop and build interpersonal skill set. The atmosphere was very competitive and the technology is by far the best!

Very unsatisfied after years with the company.

Very unsatisfied after years with the company. Incredibly tone deaf to skills, commitment, or loyalty. I did present business plans to four different people at leadership positions to improve sales. No follow up whatsoever. Complete waste of time.

Its a very memorable workplace

Workers and managers are very friendly. They support each others. Often, they provide food for employers. We have one our break and sometimes we go out for lunch.

awful

Not recommending customs dept. at all.Poor salary, your efforts are not appreciated, messy, stressful,the management is fake, they talk nicely but act as it is suitable for them.No advancements. No proper trainings as everybody is or pretending to be busy.Employees are not motivated to work and the customer service is pooooor.You may negotiate a better salary or you will be stack with the same salary for the rest of your days at CH.

Internal issues

there are internal issues throughout the network. Rather than working together CH Robinson has designed the network to out bid other branches within the network. Making competition larger within our own network.

General review

CH Robinson is a great company to work for, decent pay, good career opportunities and growth potential. I would recommend CHR to applicants as they provide a challenging opportunity for the right candidates

Exhausting place to work

A typical day begins with high levels of stress. It's a rough environment to be in, although, there are good people that work there, it's the nature of the beast for it to be miserable at times. Crazy hours: 730-530 Mon-Fri. Required to work after hours. Personal Cell number must be included in e-mail for after-hours availability.

Pros

Cons

EXTREMELY long hours; no work/life balance

great place

Great place to work with great benefits. Room for growth and opportunities. People are nice and very helpful. You will enjoy working there if you like transportation

Not a great place to work

Not a great place to work, management is terrible, they do not care about the ppl who work there at all! Do yourself a favour and don’t start working here

Good Company to work for

Young and Dynamic Company with good benefits supported by a great leadership team. No complains whatsoever...........................................

Benefits

Great Place to Advance and Excel

Working in the customs department has exposed me to many different scenarios and has educated me more than my previous engagements. We worked in a team environment where everyone was knowledgeable. The hardest and greatest part of the job was thinking on your feet. It was enjoyable as it forced you to learn and research new things to improve. Everyone is casual and down to earth; there is a laid back office culture. Management is great and lets you work independently. A typical day at work would have me processing entries for all modes of transport, consulting with customers on tariffs and classification, and doing a variety of other tasks for compliance and review of our department's work. Overall, it is a very positive experience.

Pros

Great opportunities for learning

Cons

Not enough opportunities to progress in customs operations

great working experience

Good place for people are new industry, good team environment, exposure to industry in freight forwarding. working great in coordination of team. AAAA++++++ management gives learning experience.

Pros

Bright healthy environment

Cons

Some days are slow

Loved working there until CFO retired

Since the CFO retired it was very stressful to work there. Then the accounting department that I was in charge of went from 5 people to just me. The accounting department closed and was moved to the USA.

Pros

40 hour work week and more at month end / year ends

Cons

Far away from home

Not bad

Ok place to work, can become intense, lots of learning opportunities, very demanding . Great access to market and industry information, great place to start and learn logistics.

Pros

Learning opportunities

Cons

Stres++

No flexibility from Branch Manager

C.H. Robinson Project Logistics, Mississauga Branch. Always busy and short staff. Lack of knowledge of the Branch Manager. No flexibility from management no matter how hard you work. No appreciation from branch manager. Old school management. Hire people without experience to pay them less. Employees leave after short period of time because of poor management. No room for moving up. No bonus at all no matter how much you generate revenue during the year.

Pros

Only job security because they are always short staff

Cons

Working long hours without pay, Too much stress, no appreciation or flexibility from management team

Ask a question about working or interviewing at C.H. Robinson. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare C.H. Robinson with