C&W Services

C&W Services Employee Reviews

Canada18 reviews
not to bad to work at
Was not to bad of a place to work at.But looking for a new opportunity to grow.I feel like I out grew that place of apployment.So excited for a new opportunity.Thanks for the opportunity.Pennie.
Good
You much be hard working! Willing to learn everything about your job discription! Be careful everytime specially we you handle hazardous materials!!!!
worst place to work for
I was a subcontractor for C & W since 2014. Mid 2019 they terminated me ( and others) without a reason and have not paid for services provided. I even have invoices from 2018 which have not been paid yet. The management doesn't respond to emails and don't know how to do business. Worst company to work for. They do not pay and treat their employees/subcontractors well at all. I had to select a star in order to post my review, buy I do not give any stars.
co-workers are the only thing that make the workplace fun
Working nights for C&W Services can be frustrating due to people always calling in sick, and having to be constantly rushing to complete your run to do other runs. I've learned while working there that the people are the best part of the job. We always joke around and have fun during break times, but there's a lot of cons to working there. Management has a lot of favoritism and if you aren't a favorite you can say goodbye to your job. The hardest part of the job is just trying to get through the night or dealing with management's horrible attitudes.
Hardworking job
Night shifts job good staff awesome woeking there and cleanning one of the most expensive buildings .But more wanted a job ugrent and ready to take respomsibiliy
Meh it's ok
Job has good days and bad. Scheduling is sometimes an issue. Was flip flopped back and forth between day shift and night shift twice in one week. Good co-workers though
Productive. Always have something to do
Depending on placement, its easy to work there. Work alone and get paid regularily. After 4 months out get union and benefits. Commercial work. Fast paced
Pros
Union and benefits
Cons
Certain managers
Complainers and Whiners
Typical of most cleaning companies the supervisor is clueless on how to deal with people . Despite working hard and doing one's best constant and petty complaints ruin the work day/night and don't inspire ANYONE . Also as with most cleaning companies the employees for the most part speak Spanish or Tagalog . Hello and welcome to Canada !! Our official languages are English and French . .
Pros
going home
Cons
Supervisor's constant petty complaints
Worked there for the 2 weeks before Gdi took over an never got paid
I worked for c&w for 2 weeks In that 2 weeks I worked 54 hours an still to this day I have not been paid it has been 8 weeks now an all it is is a strugle an stressful just trying to get whats rightfully you'res strongly do not suggest working for them
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Never got paid
No breaks
I start working for C&W services and was shocked that there was no breaks. You only got 1/2 lunch and worked until you went home. I left the company and still haven’t gotten paid and that was at the begging of April, 2019. I talked the the person who hired me and said she has no idea when I’ll get paid, because I quit.

Not happy at all, that I did my job but still haven’t gotten paid for it. If this is how they treat their employees then its no wonder the turn around is pretty high for this company.
Pros
Nice employees
Cons
Don’t get paid and no breaks
Decent
Not the worst place to work by any means but not the best either. Client we were working with made the job less appealing than it should have been. A lot of great employees apart of C&W though.
Pay is NOT equivalent to workload
You are expected to complete your "run" and then immediately go cover for someone else. You don't get a shift premium for nights, you get minimum wage! Management doesn't answer questions, even if you ask. Being a night shift, hardly anyone regularly shows up. You have a handful of regulars, then everyone else comes in sporadically. Fire your inattentive staff and hire new ones. 54 absences since the 1st of JAN? Sad.
Pros
Relaxed atmosphere, nice coworkers
Cons
Low pay, terrible managment, they expect perfection
Not a good culture, Very poor and dishonest management..
Not a good Company, do a poor job vetting employee's. Hired several people who had poor experience and no Certification. They are a secondary employer at OCC and job security is non existent.
Pros
No real upside to this Company
Cons
Backstabbing, and job threats, are a constant negitive. Managesr are not honest.
Good workplace to work in
Friendly environment
Good communication

Good management

Good teamwork

Health and safety

Puntual and neat environment

Excellent customer service

Welcoming environment
Pros
Good working hours
Cons
Raise
2 May 2018
Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review. We appreciate it and ask that you please tell your friends and family to visit our careers page at https://cwservices.com to learn more about job opportunities in their area. Thank you again for your feedback, and we’re glad to have you as part of our team. We look forward to working with you in the future.

Talent Acquisition Lead
No matter how good your accomplishment you did, it will not be notice
Pretty busy area, talking about Students, always on the run. Learning is to how you handle and to be coordinate to a different cultures. Management they were always looking for the fall guy in order to prove their existing position that they posses. Workplace cultures was a good lessons to learned. Hardest part, is a job that you have to endure. Enjoyable part is good when your co workers are always cooperative and always working in a team work.
Will never work for again
Every day was a fight to stay positive, only worked night shift, and manager would try to stab you in the back if given any chance.

Pros: Very good benefits

Cons: Very bad wages, Very bad management, Upset and miserable employees, Toxic Work environment , Contract comes before safety
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
Very bad wages, bad management, Upset and miserable employees, Toxic Work environment, Contract comes before safety
8 February 2018
Thank you for your feedback. We value and consider all of our employees’ experiences, and we’d like to find a way to address these issues. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com. I look forward to learning more about your situation.

8 February 2018
We want to sincerely apologize for your negative experience. We value and consider all feedback, and we’d like to learn more about your situation. You can email me confidentially at culture@cwservices.com, and I will get back to you promptly. I look forward to hearing from you, and I hope we can make things better. Thank you for reaching out!

Talent Acquisition Lead
Nice place other than your bio-rhythm being changed
Nice manager, good place to work.

It feels safe and you work alone with minimum supervision.

However, your bio-rhythm gets changed because you work overnight.
10 October 2017

Maintenance Tech
Company had a good mission. Had a good product to sell. However management failed on many levels on trying to roll out program. Some workers in company were completely overworked while others take a free ride.
Pros
Each day was different. Was appreciated by client.
Cons
Incompetent managment, all talk, no action.
10 October 2017