buy buy BABY

buy buy BABY Employee Reviews in Edmonton, AB

To many assistant managers and not enough sales associates and cashiers. Ignore request for scheduling needs. Favoritism when requesting time off and/or difficult to get time off for any length of time due to staffing shortage. Seem like you are a burden to managers when asking for help if they even give it to you. Good part - nice co-workers.
Disrespectful of employees. Too many managers, all telling you different things. Should be closed during pandemic. Don’t care about safety of employees if they can make a buck
- gets extremely busy during sales (black friday, boxing day, etc) - if store has no customer traffic you may find yourself with not much to do but straighten shelves - most of product knowledge will have to be learned on your own as training can only give you a good idea - previous experience in baby product (like having a kid) is an asset and would help you form better opinions to share with customers - management is very lax and will (pardon the pun) *baby* you - you are always encouraged to "pass the buck" - workplace culture is very friendly, everyone is willing to help one another learn and collaborate - occasional potlucks for birthdays and seasonal events - high employee turnover... dont expect to be working with same people next year - you get to meet lots of cute babies - if you are a fairly attractive male expect plenty of female customers to flirt with you... it is what it is
Management not good Stressful environment Information about security and new product related with babies and little kids Very nice people as a co-workers
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Stressful management
This job was one of the most fun and engaging experiences i ever had the pleasure to work in. Management can be better improved but everything else is quite excellent.
I truly enjoy working for this company but at this time they can only offer me part time hours and I need to have fully time employment for pay bills if they could offer me full time I would not be looking for a new job.
A typical day is spend helping customers with registries and selecting product. We are trained very well in most areas of our store, so helping customers is easy. Our managers also take care of customers, working with us on the floor. The managers are understanding and fun. I like coming to work and appreciate our store and all the people working there. The hard part of the job is some people don't take their job seriously and do not come to work all the time. It's selfish and makes giving service for the rest us of, difficult.
Some managers are selfish and hard to work with, making the job stressful. Short staffed in the evening, too many customers for the amount of associates. Not very flexible hours and no guaranteed days off. Managers change their minds and contradict each other, making it confusing as to what is supposed to be done.
Pros
Lots of hours, good coworkers
Cons
Not flexible, poor managers
Working with Buy Buy Baby is the opportunity to grow. While working as team leader ,supportive team players helping each other to complete the tasks. Learned a lot from the organisation even from the co-employees, even learning new everyday helps improve and boost skills. Abilities to adapt to situation, customer queries, resloving problems, retaining consumer, preparing invoices, orders, answering calls, cash back ups, LOD shifts, Merchandising all include a part of job and interacting with the customers imparting knowledge about the products and cross selling in turn is a fun. Talking to customers is learning and enjoyable helping them what they are looking for and what is best for them. Customer satisfaction is the most important perspective from any point of view.
Bad management and inconsistent shifts. Unfair distribution of work and unwillingness to compromise. Coworkers kind and friendly.