buy buy BABY

buy buy BABY Employee Reviews

To many assistant managers and not enough sales associates and cashiers. Ignore request for scheduling needs. Favoritism when requesting time off and/or difficult to get time off for any length of time due to staffing shortage. Seem like you are a burden to managers when asking for help if they even give it to you. Good part - nice co-workers.
The company has been down sizing full timers for years, first in the corporate offices, now it's at store level. 14 full time associates were terminated in August.The first person that should of been let go was the store manager... Apparently that's on the horizon! The August event ( 2800 terminated) all were full time and worked there from 5 to 20 years plus. They all worked through the high point of Coronavirus. Wasn't that nice of them.
Pros
Absolutely none. Except for the overworked, underappreciated friends.
Cons
Everything except the front door when you leave!
This location (Naperville IL) has a toxic work environment. The management does not appreciate or reward the truly hard-working staff. They favor those who stand around and chat while there is work to be done. They will falsely accuse you of behavior that never happened in an effort to get you to leave. This place is not for you if you are honest, dependable, and you show up. None of that matters to them.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
No recognition of a job well done, no group time to discuss the day, squeezing as much out of a short staff as they can, disrespectful managers.
I loved working here, co-workers were great, management could be better, but it wasn’t awful. No crazy holiday hours or Black Friday sales. Takes a few years to move up in company, you basically have to wait for someone to quit or get promoted
Pros
Flexible schedules
Cons
Not a lot of hours, poor management
This is an awesome place to work! The managers are very friendly and really care about you. The best part of the job is helping out expecting mothers.
Pros
30 minute breaks
Cons
No benefits for part time employees, No raise for anyone this year due to COVID
Managers expect you to do the job of two or more people in an impossible amount of time. I would leave there sweating, but management was still unsatisfied with my work performance because of their unfairly high expectations. Don't break your back here if you work there, just do what you can, because they will never be happy.
Pros
Sometimes they brought in food for the holidays
Cons
Management is rude and impatient, impossible to meet every demand they have
The pay is pretty nice. Definitely reccomend being in a fit body. Alot of standing and climbing up tall latter's. The Management needs to work out a lot of its conflict amongest each other. The employees need more praise and less scolding. Sometimes I felt very micromanaged. Also, needs a new system. I felt like everyone was a lilttle miserable. I also feel like the store has so much potential. The front of the store was super hot and the back was warm. The customer always managed to make your day feel so terrible. It just needs some TLC. Overall it was an interesting experience.
Pros
Pay, lunch break
Cons
Micromanaging, negative environment, management, long hours, no room for growth
I loved it I loved all my co workers the management team were amazing and very supportive of I could back I most definitely would and I recommend anyone to apply
Working with new parents was a great experience and you get to learn a lot. There is also something that needs to be done, so there’s rarely any down time.
It's a good retail place to work. Not much oppertunity for advancement but the pay is comparable. It is a good work environment. I get my exercise it a big warehouse size store. I walk around a lot during my shift.
Pros
Management tries to work with your schedule.
Cons
I got all tge night shifts and no oppertunity fo fulltime employment
This company is out of touch with their employees. Nobody wants to work here because they start at minimum wage where across the street at Burger King they pay 2$ more an hour. The product knowledge is intensive & if you don’t already have any ideas about baby items then it will be very difficult to understand. Managers are good-nice to your face at least-then you overhear them bashing you about something that you did-without ever addressing it either-then pretend to be nice to you. It’s ridiculous but every job has their two facers. There’s something to be said about getting snide, uncalled for responses from mgmt when you’re trying to do the best job possible. It’s just completely unnecessary. Grossly understaffed store. Team members are spread so thin that sometimes only two sales associates on the floor to handle customers, freight, phone calls, curbside orders & ship out orders. Corporate sets ridiculous standards and adds more responsibilities without taking into account skeleton staff.
Pros
A free lunch on a holiday, employee discount
Cons
Lack of staff, lack of leadership, lack of compensation, high turnover
working for this company was just ok. The schedule was flexible and I loved my customers. Pay was also ok. I just hated that I didn't feel secure in my job. If management didn't like you best believe you were getting fired. Ive also overheard managers speaking rudely about other employees.
Pros
work/life balance and pay
Cons
terrible management, no room for advancement
OverallNeed to memorize way to much information. Very fast paced and can be chaotic (like all retail). Need to work weekends if new, and VERY LOW PAY. Do not expect a raise within 6 months.
I enjoyed working there a lot. Everything I did had meaning, and I was so incredibly good at being a car seat and stroller expert. Being able to help others plan for the life of their newborn babies is so rewarding.
Pros
Epic communication, always busy, good money.
Cons
Later nights if busy.
I did store set up for this terrible company. They made me use a pallet jack to unload hundreds of pallets a day. This was one of the most traumatic experiences In life I have had. The shear evil brutality of the workload and constant social pressure they put on the workers is unbearable. This company works on fear and bullying from management downward. There is this constant toxic stress of being watched like a hawk every second. They make you work at back breaking speed. Everything must be at olympic sprinter level speed or they will fire you. You are constantly under assault from working and this back breaking speed, and back breaking hard work standards. You have to be doing something every single second or they will come down on you with an axe and fire you. No matter how slow it is you must be doing work constantly. The management are toxic bullies. They keep harassing and watching you to make you work at unbearable speed and hard work. If for one second you slow down, they will take a mental note and fire you. Its all about fear and intimidation. They put this fear in you. The managers are just so mean and toxic. It is a brutal evil company. Evil from the Top board to the CEO to the bottom. Just a sick evil on earth.
Pros
The day I left this evil place.
Cons
Toxic bully evil management culture
The management team is the worst. They play favorites and if you want to succeed you have to kiss alot of butt instead of showing that you can genuinely do the job. The discount is the same amount anyone can get by using a regular store coupon. The general manager acts fake and you berly get to work desired amount of hours. You can work as low as 3 hours a week or even a month. Very unprofessional especially during the pandemic, and very immature.
Pros
you learn new things
Cons
no benefits and management is the worst
Im just getting started so im still learning everyday. and i hope to learn more as time comes so i wont be confused if a customer asks me a certain question about an item they're trying to purchase.
Overall working with buy buy baby as a company, is a happy one. Being able to help customers and be deemed an expert about what you know is always a great feeling. However, being in a role that isn't management is restricting and demanding vs. your role and pay.
Pros
Good Benefits, Competitive pay.
Cons
Inconsistency in management, Toxic Work environment, Overworked & Stressful.
Very free of stress environment, able to be independent as long as i follow policies and procedure. Project done on time, met goals and expectations. Learn new things, project and roles all the time.
Pros
Free of negative stress.
Cons
Lots of call out in the part time area
Honestly nothing bad to say about this job. Team is amazing and always made me feel great coming into work. Only reason why I quit was my situation with Covid-19. Once Covid-19 get more under control I am going to go back to BuyBuy Baby.
I don't know how the Livingston location is staying afloat but by some miracle its still open. I have never felt so overwhelmed at a job in my entire life. There were several occasions where I was the ONLY associate (with a manager) in the entire building and I was still new to the company. I learned alot about babies and various products but through the VERY hard way. I was hired by a manager and by the time I came in for orientation there was a new manager training with me in my orientation. The turnover rate is SICKENING! Sometimes it was almost stupid to learn a new persons name because they were out the door the next day! And to top it off we're dealing with pregnant, hormonal, emotional women, or petrified new parents. Sad to say but not surprising that alot of management were racist. They took it out on the employees and customers. The "training" I received was from my friends who were mothers or the coworkers who felt sorry for me not knowing the difference between level 1 or 2 bottle nipples. Some of the management was amazing and made the work day better but the bad apples just really made it unbearable. The stress of maintaining the huge store and the register (at the same time!!) was insane. I'm grateful the opportunity because I did learn a great deal about babies, new born and baby products. But the stress and lack of social life was not worth it.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Turnover rate
  1. Employee reviews