buy buy BABY

buy buy BABY Employee Reviews

Canada26 reviews
To many assistant managers and not enough sales associates and cashiers.
Ignore request for scheduling needs.

Favoritism when requesting time off and/or difficult to get time off for any length of time due to staffing shortage.

Seem like you are a burden to managers when asking for help if they even give it to you.

Good part - nice co-workers.
Disrespectful of employees. Too many managers, all telling you different things. Should be closed during pandemic. Don’t care about safety of employees if they can make a buck
Great place to work with. Good supportive management. Positive atmosphere. Great co-workers. Minimum wage for most unless you are handling a Full Time supervisory or higher roles.
Yes fine it’s good employee Sakary salary is bad time slow fast everything is boring but nice managers nice customer service nice customer yes everything nice
I recommend Buy Buy Baby to someone who knows and babywear, strollers, car seats, toys, and etc. Experience in this field will better your chances in getting the job.
Poor management -rude, bossy
Lots of work with terrible pay

Expect a lot from you

Hours are not accommodating, they will over schedule you even if you don’t want the extra hours

Only pros are the potlucks and nice co workers
- gets extremely busy during sales (black friday, boxing day, etc)
- if store has no customer traffic you may find yourself with not much to do but straighten shelves

- most of product knowledge will have to be learned on your own as training can only give you a good idea

- previous experience in baby product (like having a kid) is an asset and would help you form better opinions to share with customers

- management is very lax and will (pardon the pun) *baby* you

- you are always encouraged to "pass the buck"

- workplace culture is very friendly, everyone is willing to help one another learn and collaborate

- occasional potlucks for birthdays and seasonal events

- high employee turnover... dont expect to be working with same people next year

- you get to meet lots of cute babies

- if you are a fairly attractive male expect plenty of female customers to flirt with you... it is what it is
Management not good
Stressful environment

Information about security and new product related with babies and little kids

Very nice people as a co-workers
Pros
Potlucks
Cons
Stressful management
Excellent customer service, we go above and beyond to satisfy our customer needs. I have been with the company for 2 1/2 years and have moved up, there is always room for advancement with this company.
good place to work , lots of great people and opportunities , flexible with hours and availability, great training, clear procedures and policies, small store
A typical day at work would be entering the store to a warm and friendly welcome from the employees. You then find out the goals that they have set out for the day, and everyone works hard to achieve them. The management was friendly and very accommodating to your needs. The hardest part about the job was the tif you do not know a lot about babies, you will not be able to provide information to the customers. The most enjoyable part about the job was that you make many new friends with the other employees there and they make you feel like family.
I love working here, everyone is like a big family, someone is always willing to help out, the company's culture is amazing.The managers are so appreciative of work done.you get 20% discount off most items.You feel fulfilled after a day's job because you are helping out folks at the most exciting (or nervous) time of their lives.There is a lot of on job training, so you don't have to know a whole lot before you start, just have the right attitude and be willing to learn.
Pros
Relaxed work space.
Cons
Uncertain about career advancement
This job was one of the most fun and engaging experiences i ever had the pleasure to work in.
Management can be better improved but everything else is quite excellent.
I was hired as a temporary position for the store opening however was trained for sales everyday. A few days before the store actually opened I was fired for no reason at all. I worked extremely hard with arrogant managers for minimum wage. In the contract they gave you it seems as though they're hiring you for a sales position and only asked sales questions during the interview however we only did stock. Around half of the employees they hired were fired only two weeks later. They knew during the hiring process who they wanted to keep and let go. They hired strong guys for the stock and kept the pretty faces for the actual sales positions. This is a very dodgy company and if you can, go to a different company when shopping for your baby. Also, the prices are incredibly high for no reason. You can find the exact same items in different stores for so much cheaper.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers
Cons
Horrible management, long hours
Management lies and does not care about employees. They are misleading and don't give second chances and yet expect the staff to make all the sacrifices.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Varing hours on the fly
I worked in many different departments in the store. The day also starts with a morning huddle where you discuss product knowledge and different selling strategies, then everyone breaks off to their assigned departments.
Pros
learning about different products.
Cons
customer service, part time hours.
Organizational skills are a must since you back stock and bring merchandise and organize new product almost daily.I LOVED the management team and it was a fun overall job.
Pros
bonuses and events (Halloween parties and pizza parties)
Cons
only part time
I truly enjoy working for this company but at this time they can only offer me part time hours and I need to have fully time employment for pay bills if they could offer me full time I would not be looking for a new job.
I wish I could give 0 stars because that's what working at this place is.

Buy buy baby was actually once upon time great place to work at. It was so nice to help customers that appreciated it and as well first time moms and dads. The staff is great and we all had lots of fun. Unfortunately the management was horrible, they have people running a business who have no idea how to. They act so friendly but at the end of the day are so catty and childish. As long as you work and do what they like you are in their good books but as soon as you ask for them to accommodate you the answer is a big fat no! Being a baby store you would think they should understand having a family and a child to take care of but no they don't. They dont accommodate with schedule changes or needs. This place has so much turnover in staff and it won't stop until they get some new management.
Pros
Great staff and frienedly customers
Cons
Management, long hours
While I love the work environment/co-workers and the customer service knowledge gained, I cannot express how awful and unreasonable the management is. Typical shifts tend to be stressful due to high expectations from management and frequent short-staffing, causing disorganization and delayed breaks. The most rewarding aspect is being able to help customers during this special time in their lives. Unfortunately, there is a disconnect between the workers and management, due to their condescending and childish/drama-like behavior, which makes it difficult overall. For being in business for less than a year, the turnover rate is exceptionally high. I would not recommend this job to anyone due to the countless instances where management has treated the staff very poorly and have displayed an unwillingness to compromise.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Late shifts, everything about management, stress
a fantastic work environment except for management who don't care about their employees would love to stay working here but they way they treat their employees is unacceptable, the most enjoyable part is definitely helping the customers. it makes me really happy to know I've helped someone
Pros
co workers and customers are fantastic
Cons
management