Buy-Low Foods

Buy-Low Foods Employee Reviews

Left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing. Some unorganized managers.A lot of people higher up get away with doing nothing. Very stressful at times.
Pros
Not any
Cons
Few pros
Fabulous coworkers and management. Friendly customers. Decent wage for the position and room to grow as an individual. Medical plan is very fair and competitive to.other companies
Awful place to work. Customers are rude and snobby. Managers give you random shifts. The store is always understaffed so cashiers had to stock, watch their till, and change price signs at peak hours. They do not care about you, only how much money they make. If you want a job with awful pay, customers, and hours, this is the right job for you.
Pros
I worked here for a decent amount of time and honest, I loved the people I worked with, the job was alright, I left because my direct manager was the most incompetent person ever. The type of person to get angry at you for slacking while he’s on his phone.
Pros
Co-workers, Relaxed work environment on a slow day
Cons
Manager
My entire career here was straight foward. I began in Deli made a few meals and was mainly stuch washing dishes. After a month of not receiving hours. I was transfered to grocery. Nice change dealing with customer questions and the majority of all stock.
Buylow is a really unique place to work, the management is lovely and the store manager genuinely cares about each and every employee. All of the supervisors just want their staff to succeed and a lot of people here have each others backs. It’s a friendly place to work, and staff have a lot of commonalities. The work itself is standard but can be so fun at times.
Fun working environment with great people. Lots of different areas to work in (cashier, grocery clerk, produce, deli, and meat departments). Flexible scheduling is great for students.
Good place to work. Super friendly staff. Nothing too difficult. Management could make things stressful from time to time. Not much in the way of appreciation from above
Management was good, I really enjoyed working with everyone, and loved my bosses. Hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with not very nice costumers, however, I did enjoy all the local costumers.
Yes worst just shut the f up. Literally worst place to work. Everyone is so egoistic you will eventually give up working. They dont even keep a check on basic requirements. Please shut it down or replace supervisor and other workers. Also shut your mouth
All I can say is that perhaps if you are a student needing a summer job then maybe work there but you will be working every random shift imaginable. If you are career oriented dont entertain the idea. Lousy pay and no support from anybody
It's okay for a student who can't work very much. If you enjoy stocking shelves, interacting with customers, and performing manual labor, then I'd say go for it.
This company promised certain hours to myself and I got the minimum and wasn’t very flexible with my schedule when I was told that they would be flexible in such manners. Shifts aren’t long unless you’re a cashier and management is rarely there in the evening for part time workers and very poor discussion on how to view the schedule.
Buy low foods is my first job working anywhere. As a high school student the hours are just not enough, and the management does not care for your concerns. If you ask for more hours you are rewarded with less hours in hand. I have not worked consistent hours in over 3 months. It can go from 400-500 dollars a cheque to 100 every 2 weeks. It is simply unviable and unfair to work and live off of the little bit of money you barely get. Half the time you won't even get paid on payday and will be rewarded with even more pettiness. The staff is consistently the worst group of people on a daily basis and makes it impossible for an employee to even want to be alive and work there. All in all it is the worst job experience I have ever had anywhere, and I hope whatever poor soul stuck working with the produce management leaves as quick as possible.
Working at Buy-Low Foods is relaxed. The place is fun to work into. A typical day would be interacting with a lot of customers. People really work together.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Mostly standing the whole shift
My most enjoyable part of the day working was being able to visit with the regular customers . I enjoyed going in and wrapping the meat and making sure it looked good. Cause if it didn’t look good why expect someone else to buy it if it didn’t look presentable.
Awesome people at buylow awesome training good hrs good wage treat you like family good location very fast paced environment to work in its a learning experience I would definitely recommend a friend
management does not listen to employee concerns it was a very toxic enviroment. Some of the staff are rude and condescending. and full time employees are required to work one night shift a week which they do not tell you at your interview part time people on the other can refuse night shifts.
Calm atmosphere very understanding staff attentive customer service. Clean and very established company/building.. Willing to work reasonably with staff situations job/personally related
I felt good aout my managers and happy with the community that I served. I enjoyed the staff that I worked with and it was good team work. I was a comfortable place to work with a good environment.
Upper management and HR dont care about the employee. It all comes down to the profit the corporation can make. Not a nice place to work, especially in a small community.
  1. Employee reviews