Buy-Low Foods

Buy-Low Foods Employee Reviews

Canada82 reviews
Good enough
Good place to work. Super friendly staff. Nothing too difficult. Management could make things stressful from time to time. Not much in the way of appreciation from above
Fun, busy work place
Management was good, I really enjoyed working with everyone, and loved my bosses. Hardest part of the job would have to be dealing with not very nice costumers, however, I did enjoy all the local costumers.
Worst
Yes worst just shut the f up. Literally worst place to work. Everyone is so egoistic you will eventually give up working. They dont even keep a check on basic requirements.
Please shut it down or replace supervisor and other workers.

Also shut your mouth
Worst Employer Ever
All I can say is that perhaps if you are a student needing a summer job then maybe work there but you will be working every random shift imaginable. If you are career oriented dont entertain the idea. Lousy pay and no support from anybody
It's fine
It's okay for a student who can't work very much. If you enjoy stocking shelves, interacting with customers, and performing manual labor, then I'd say go for it.
Slow paced
This company promised certain hours to myself and I got the minimum and wasn’t very flexible with my schedule when I was told that they would be flexible in such manners. Shifts aren’t long unless you’re a cashier and management is rarely there in the evening for part time workers and very poor discussion on how to view the schedule.
Do not work here
Buy low foods is my first job working anywhere. As a high school student the hours are just not enough, and the management does not care for your concerns. If you ask for more hours you are rewarded with less hours in hand. I have not worked consistent hours in over 3 months. It can go from 400-500 dollars a cheque to 100 every 2 weeks. It is simply unviable and unfair to work and live off of the little bit of money you barely get. Half the time you won't even get paid on payday and will be rewarded with even more pettiness. The staff is consistently the worst group of people on a daily basis and makes it impossible for an employee to even want to be alive and work there.

All in all it is the worst job experience I have ever had anywhere, and I hope whatever poor soul stuck working with the produce management leaves as quick as possible.
Buy-Low Foods is a very fun place to work into
Working at Buy-Low Foods is relaxed. The place is fun to work into. A typical day would be interacting with a lot of customers. People really work together.
Pros
Pretty good benefits
Cons
Mostly standing the whole shift
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Buy-Low Foods?
It was a okay place to work but l need a change
My most enjoyable part of the day working was being able to visit with the regular customers . I enjoyed going in and wrapping the meat and making sure it looked good. Cause if it didn’t look good why expect someone else to buy it if it didn’t look presentable.
Awesome manager treated everyone fairly easy to talk too
Awesome people at buylow awesome training good hrs good wage treat you like family good location very fast paced environment to work in its a learning experience I would definitely recommend a friend
unproductive
management does not listen to employee concerns it was a very toxic enviroment. Some of the staff are rude and condescending. and full time employees are required to work one night shift a week which they do not tell you at your interview part time people on the other can refuse night shifts.
Enjoyed helping and being invloved with the community
Calm atmosphere very understanding staff attentive customer service. Clean and very established company/building.. Willing to work reasonably with staff situations job/personally related
Good place to work overall.
I felt good aout my managers and happy with the community that I served.
I enjoyed the staff that I worked with and it was good team work. I was a comfortable place to work with a good environment.
Your just a $ in the overall scheme
Upper management and HR dont care about the employee. It all comes down to the profit the corporation can make. Not a nice place to work, especially in a small community.
Working at buylow foods is a low stress job with good people
Buy-low foods is a really good place to work. The establishment is very clean and organized. People who work there are kind. Also management is very understanding.
Productive and collaborative work envirornment
Helpful and supportive co-workers.
Flexible work schedule.

Co-operative Superiors

good work-life balance

workplace culture is positive and energetic
Fast passed, fun work envirnoment
I learned how to serve the public, and grab any lotto or tobacco products that they wanted. The work environment was fun, and the people I worked with encouraged me to continue to provide excellent service.
Good start-out job
I would recommend this job for high school students who are looking for part-time work to save up money. It's straight forward and good for after school shifts that don't keep you up late.
Supportive home office, healthy culture with room to grow
Fantastic company to work for highly recommend them if you are looking for a healthy home/work life balance. You are able to transfer locations and work with amazing people.
Job itself was good. Enjoyed serving customers and making the food.
Got bullied and verbally abused by a co worker in front of customers. Customers were left feeling very uncomfortable. It was brought to managements attention but with no resolution. I wasnt the first employee driven away by this unruly person. I wont be the last.. DONT work in the deli in houston bc unless you want to be abused for no reason
Good job
The managers were very flexible with my schedule because of family and life events would pop up. Loved seeing everyone’s faces in a small town.Co-workers were good to get along with.Just the job of cashier was hard for me because It was long hours and I wanted to be in another department