Buy-Low Foods Employee Reviews

Good management and flexible hours
Customer relations associate (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB2 August 2018
I like working there the atmosphere is really great. They support students and understand when you need days off. Overall they are very good to work for.
Pros
Good hours
Usually slow
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Langdon, AB9 July 2018
I've only worked there for about 2 years (mind you I'm part-time) and normally days go slow for me. Stocking shelves, showing customers around, that kind of stuff. Sometimes we'll have fresh stock in and putting those out on shelf and top-stock is pretty busy. Working grocery gives you a kind of sympathy for the people who work in grocery stores, you learn it's not easy and the people there try their best. Most of my supervisors are okay, some kind of mean ones but you get those no matter where you go. The only hard part is the slow days when it gets really really boring, and the heavy lifting required for a lot of things.
Pros
Easy for part-timers, Management tries their best to work hours around personal life
Cons
Gets really boring and feels like it drags on for longer than it does
Good Work Environment
Bakery Worker (Former Employee) –  Oliver, BC5 July 2018
The people there were wonderful to be around and I never felt out of place. My placement was short because I had to move, but they were so great about everything. My training was quick and it was a great environment to work in. The best part of the job would be the people I got to work with, they always made the days worthwhile!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Confusing beginning
This is for their deli
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC25 June 2018
Training was better than I have experienced from other places, everyone was easy to get along with, and you are with someone and alone for part of the day. Closing went smoothly and sometimes a manager would come help.
Pros
flexible
Cons
routine
Relaxed work place
Meat Department Worker (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC10 June 2018
Working at Buy-Low Foods is a very good first job to have, especially during the school year because of its flexible hours. You learn how to speak with customers and answer questions effectively. Everyone working in management is very nice and you work very close with them, especially your department manager.
Pros
Great first job
Cons
Minimum wage
Awesome co-workers. Fun and friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lillooet, BC23 May 2018
Great company to work for. My only complain is the manager, he is a bully and very ungrateful man. Poor recognition to his staff, he is never there, we are all asked to use our personal vehicles to do deliveries. He has no respect for his female employees. Rude and egotistical.
Pros
Close by
Cons
Poor Management
Flexible Scheduling and Friendly Work Environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC30 April 2018
As entry-level jobs go, working for Buy Low isn't the worst. Don't get me wrong, you're still in a grocery store and dealing with everything that might entail. However, the friendly and causal management - at least at the Squamish Nesters - make it worthwhile.
Didn't enjoy my time there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langdon, AB23 April 2018
Shifts were generally okay, except they overbooked me for the hours i scheduled for my availability. Limited male cashier staff, majority are young females. Poor assumptions and judgements about employee's.
Pros
Close by.
Cons
Negative environment
Great store/company.
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC20 April 2018
The store I worked for was great overall, the management is a different story. I made the decision to resign when my boss would swear at me and call me names, I do not regret my decision. I would never go back.
Pros
no deposit fee on water bottles
Cons
too many shifts, not for a part time employee.
Good Experience
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2018
I learned how to stock items and finding the missing price tags. Facing products to make sure it’s facing the right way and nice and organized sometimes I helped customers as well if they need assistant to fine what they’re looking for
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Short hours
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2018
It's a great place to work! A lot to learn and help to polish your communication and time management skills. Get enough training to work efficiently. Friendly atmosphere
Good company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2017
i have not been an employee at buy-low for a few years now, but while i was an employee i had a wonderful experience. fun work environment, flexible hours and great management.
Bakery
BAKERY CLERK (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, BC26 November 2017
I really enjoyed working for this company because the environment was pleasant and friendly. The people were easy to get along with, easy to talk to and very welcoming. Shifts were always filled with hard work and lots of laugh and good memories.
Pros
Friendly coworkers, flexible shifts
Cons
Expensive prices
So so
Deli Worker (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC2 November 2017
We had to wear black pants and shoes. As a deli worker, you'd constantly be working with bleach and other products that ruined your shoes and pants. That became a problem. Unsanitary in reality even when expectations are met.
Pros
average pay, constant hours
Cons
unfriendly and dirty
Deli
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Alberta9 July 2017
It was a good company to work for. With fair management and easy hours No complaints about it . Would work there again, and would recommend to others.
productive and fun work place
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 March 2017
productive and fun work place
very helpful staff,
friendly and approachable with help and advice always available.
easy access to location and easy parking
Very poor management
Part Time, On Call (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC26 February 2017
As a produce stock person and receiver, I could barely hold the job there due to unstable and messed around security for jobs. But I did learn to work with food and other perishable items.
Cons
Friendly, fun workplace with nice people.
Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 January 2017
Working at Buy-Low is fun. It is very fast-paced and requires a lot of speed which helps time go by fast. I learned how to be more open and engaging towards people and to be more socialized and extroverted. The management is good. Not too hard on the workers. Hardest part of the job was trying to please angry customers. Best part of the job is meeting new people in a lively environment.
Pros
fast paced
Cons
low salary
fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC24 October 2016
The environment was well organized and all the workers were friendly. It provided good hours and treated everyone with respect. I learned to develop my social skills. Most enjoyable was getting to know the other co-workers. Time management was not difficult because I am involved with sports and throughout my years I have gotten better and better.
Pros
safe environment
Buy-Low Family
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lillooet, BC29 July 2016
Working at Buy-Low I was happy to be a part of the Buy-Low family.I had a great team of management and staff. I have learned most of my management skills while working there.
The most enjoyable part of my job was my Buy-Low family and seeing the customers everyday

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buy-Low Foods. Our community is ready to answer.