Buy-Low Foods Employee Reviews

They really do put the fun in everything they do!
Cashier/Grocery Clerk (Current Employee) –  Boyle, AB11 December 2018
I have worked at Buy-Low for 2 years now, and a typical day at work is filled with positive energy from most of my co-workers and defiantly from the management team. The hardest part of the job? The customers. Working in retail can be tough because the customers are always right, even when they're wrong. However, the customers are also the most enjoyable part of the job because you get to build relationships with the customers and chat about their day. I would highly recommend a job with Buy-Low Foods!
Terrible pay for the work they want you to do
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Port Kells22 November 2018
The pay is terrible for the amount of work they want you to do. The management doesn't know how to treat their employees. Would not recommend working for head office.
Pros
Cons
Lots
stressfull
Deli Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, BC19 November 2018
Start the day with get the meat set up in Deli.Put the chicken on ,and the ribs .
I have learned to be a Deli manger .
Management can be better .

Hardest part of my job was .. staff and pleasing everyone ,,being short staff

The most enjoyable part was meeting new people. I love working with some of the staff .
benefits
Cons
short staff, long hours
Very good.
Cashier/ Deli worker (Former Employee) –  Oliver, BC5 November 2018
One of the best places I have ever worked! Awesome staff, supervisors, managers and head office. Lots of room to grow and expand, awesome opportunities and fun work environment.
The work enivroment
Canada Cashier (Former Employee) –  Osoyoos, BC11 October 2018
Working at Buy Low Foods was overall a good experience although the work environment was not very enthusiastic. the woman working next to me always had a frown which made being happy at work a bit harder.
Good
Customer Service/Cashier FT (Former Employee) –  Tisdale, SK18 September 2018
Overall a good company to work for. Head office management were excellent. Store level management lacked leadership knowledge and qualities as well as being ineffective.
Benefits
Cons
Job culture was unprofessional.
Productive fun place to work
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Port Kells, BC7 September 2018
I always enjoyed going to work, productive and fun work place
very helpful staff, everyone is friendly and approachable with help and advice always available.
Good management and flexible hours
Customer relations associate (Former Employee) –  Athabasca, AB2 August 2018
I like working there the atmosphere is really great. They support students and understand when you need days off. Overall they are very good to work for.
Pros
Good hours
No benefits but friendly staff
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, BC18 July 2018
The staff here is very friendly. The store manager can be a bit much. The hours are good and they're very flexible. There are no benefits to working here however.
Pros
Friendly Staff
Cons
No benefits
Usually slow
Grocery Stocker (Current Employee) –  Langdon, AB9 July 2018
I've only worked there for about 2 years (mind you I'm part-time) and normally days go slow for me. Stocking shelves, showing customers around, that kind of stuff. Sometimes we'll have fresh stock in and putting those out on shelf and top-stock is pretty busy. Working grocery gives you a kind of sympathy for the people who work in grocery stores, you learn it's not easy and the people there try their best. Most of my supervisors are okay, some kind of mean ones but you get those no matter where you go. The only hard part is the slow days when it gets really really boring, and the heavy lifting required for a lot of things.
Pros
Easy for part-timers, Management tries their best to work hours around personal life
Cons
Gets really boring and feels like it drags on for longer than it does
Good Work Environment
Bakery Worker (Former Employee) –  Oliver, BC5 July 2018
The people there were wonderful to be around and I never felt out of place. My placement was short because I had to move, but they were so great about everything. My training was quick and it was a great environment to work in. The best part of the job would be the people I got to work with, they always made the days worthwhile!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Confusing beginning
This is for their deli
Deli Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC25 June 2018
Training was better than I have experienced from other places, everyone was easy to get along with, and you are with someone and alone for part of the day. Closing went smoothly and sometimes a manager would come help.
Pros
flexible
Cons
routine
Relaxed work place
Meat Department Worker (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC10 June 2018
Working at Buy-Low Foods is a very good first job to have, especially during the school year because of its flexible hours. You learn how to speak with customers and answer questions effectively. Everyone working in management is very nice and you work very close with them, especially your department manager.
Pros
Great first job
Cons
Minimum wage
Awesome co-workers. Fun and friendly
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lillooet, BC23 May 2018
Great company to work for. My only complain is the manager, he is a bully and very ungrateful man. Poor recognition to his staff, he is never there, we are all asked to use our personal vehicles to do deliveries. He has no respect for his female employees. Rude and egotistical.
Pros
Close by
Cons
Poor Management
Flexible Scheduling and Friendly Work Environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Squamish, BC30 April 2018
As entry-level jobs go, working for Buy Low isn't the worst. Don't get me wrong, you're still in a grocery store and dealing with everything that might entail. However, the friendly and causal management - at least at the Squamish Nesters - make it worthwhile.
Didn't enjoy my time there
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Langdon, AB23 April 2018
Shifts were generally okay, except they overbooked me for the hours i scheduled for my availability. Limited male cashier staff, majority are young females. Poor assumptions and judgements about employee's.
Pros
Close by.
Cons
Negative environment
Great store/company.
Part-Time Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC20 April 2018
The store I worked for was great overall, the management is a different story. I made the decision to resign when my boss would swear at me and call me names, I do not regret my decision. I would never go back.
Pros
no deposit fee on water bottles
Cons
too many shifts, not for a part time employee.
Good Experience
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 February 2018
I learned how to stock items and finding the missing price tags. Facing products to make sure it’s facing the right way and nice and organized sometimes I helped customers as well if they need assistant to fine what they’re looking for
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Short hours
A great place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC13 January 2018
It's a great place to work! A lot to learn and help to polish your communication and time management skills. Get enough training to work efficiently. Friendly atmosphere
Good company to work for
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 December 2017
i have not been an employee at buy-low for a few years now, but while i was an employee i had a wonderful experience. fun work environment, flexible hours and great management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Buy-Low Foods. Our community is ready to answer.