BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTRE Employee Reviews

Absolutely horrible workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 May 2018
Scammers! Charge people for registering HST when it's free through the government and you have to call yourself to get the number! Also, minimum pay, long hours, demand too much of you and don't compensate your efforts. Management doesn't listen and doesn't speak English well. Co-workers are awesome that's the only thing that made me stay there for this long.
Pros
co-workers
Cons
minimum wage, long hours, bad management, too much to do, no growth opportunities, bad work ethic, dishonest company
Official response from BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTRE
21 May 2018

Wow! You just got to love an anonymous post. Disgruntled employee blaming everything and everyone!

Steady work and I learned a lot
Business Advisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, On25 February 2013
This is a busy place and I had to learn a lot of information about what to do and how to do it, but I love helping my clients when they are starting a business. It gives me satisfaction when complete strangers thank me for helping them. Everything else is the usual, just like any other place.
Pros
free food on friday, bonuses, i have learned a lot about business
Cons
busy workday and have to stay sharp.
Challenging and fast-paced company, small business environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 October 2012
Though the challenges are quite fulfilling, there is unfortunately a very limited opportunity for growth at this small business. Compensation is not priced to compete with market. Excellent company for sharpening administrative skills and short-term memory. Small structure allows for information to flow easily between management and staff members. Co-workers are talented, well-educated and personable. Hardest part of the job is keeping everyone happy. Most enjoyable part of the job is when they are.
Pros
several departments and skills to learn, excellent co-workers
Cons
long hours, low pay, limited growth opportunities