Burrito Boyz Employee Reviews

Fun Environment, Could use more committed management
Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge19 August 2019
This job is a fantastic job to understand the customer service industry, and the culture of this workplace is great for younger people, whether it be highschool or post secondary students. Hardest part of the job is simply keeping up during rushes, and showing initiative when cleaning.
Racist company
Health and Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON27 July 2019
owners only hire indian people from their specific village. Managers are all family members of owners so issues are never taken care of. if you bring up a workplace issue, you will most likely be fired.
Pros
50% off food
Cons
Toxic wok environment
Pays the bills
Chef (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 July 2019
Only good if your looking for a short term solution to financial problems. Bad work environment. Little to no benefits. No overtime pay. Equipment is always broken.
Pros
Lunches 50%
comfortable and friendly workplace
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 July 2019
really nice experience working there. supervisor was very co operating.
productive
Cashier and Front-house worker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON20 May 2019
A great work experience starter when you're a teenager and need work experience. My first job where I learned everything properly such as customer service, handling cash, building confidence and professionalism.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
rush hours
SCAM and Unprofessional
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 May 2019
Was hired as a cashier and burrito prep at a downtown Toronto location and was not paid for a month's work. Owner blocked my number, etc. to avoid paying me.
good environment
Cook/Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 May 2019
lots of hours, fast paced. long weekend shifts , if you cant preform well under pressure this isn't for you. you have to be willing to work with a team to ensure the flow of the kitchen is always moving
A small resturant in a happening place!
Cashier, Server (Current Employee) –  Port Credit, ON8 May 2019
The hours can seem long and it can get quite hectic due to location (lots of foot traffic). Sometimes under scheduled and can be overwhelming. Manager expects more from you even though you will rarely see a raise. Rate of pay is starting at minimum wage with barely any room for a raise. Although the coworkers are fun, there are lots of teenagers working here which means no one takes their job seriously. Can get benefits after 3 months. We get debit tips now which is cool and can add anywhere from $5 - $15 to your shift.
Pros
Free lunch, fun co workers
Cons
Long hours, busy
This was my first job, flexible for school however very discriminatory
Server/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 May 2019
I felt like I was under appreciated. I'm not white and quit my job because I was consistently given low tier tasks and the dirty work, racist comments were made and the owners are entirely racist.
Great Place to work
Cook/Prep (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 April 2019
The Management team understands you and works for what's best for you. My Coworkers are amazing and I've learned a lot about small business. I would recommend this job to anyone young and who is looking for a part-time position.
Fast pace
Shift Leader/General worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 March 2019
A typical day would consists of constant cleaning, preparing food, and most importantly engaging with customers to ensure they are satisfied. This job has taught me a lot and helped me build and develop skills that I can use not only in another job, but in my own personal life at home. Overall I am very thankful for the experience and would not change one thing about it.
Fun and fast paced.
Front of House Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON24 March 2019
Very fun work environment. Family-like team of employees, but sometimes the hours for the late closes can be overwhelming. Very diverse customer base, which makes the experience in the open kitchen incredibly rewarding.
Great Place to start Working
Line Cook, & Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 February 2019
Great colleagues always wanting the best for you, with superb management, in both locations. Able to move up the ladder fast and be recognized within the company.
Work environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON22 February 2019
worked as a cashier. I also had to make the burritos but my manager would often mess up the orders and blame it on us so I left. The managers at the 5 and 10 Dundas area are very unprofessional
Pros
free food
Cons
free food only on lunch break or if you had a shift
Bad Management
Front of House (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON21 January 2019
I went to Burrito Boyz to apply, they asked me if I'm looking for Full time or Part time, and I said Full time. But the manager always gives me bad shifts. She always gives me 1 shift a week for only 3 hours. I asked her if I can have fixed full time schedule and she said she can't do it since there are 18 staffs in that location. Like, why in the world asked me if i'm looking for full time or part time if you can't give me the shifts that I want?! They also makes you wash all the dishes by yourself even tho the owner already said to wash the dishes after you used it! But no! These people always tell the new staff to wash the dishes and theyre not even helping even tho it's not busy! I only stayed there for 4 weeks! Never coming back again!
Pros
50% Discount on food
Cons
50% Discount only works on 1 item (no more than that)
I love Burrito Boyz
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 January 2019
This is my first part-time job in Toronto. It is a regret for me to leave this place because I move. All the staffs are so nice and helpful. I've learnt a lot from them
Great Environment
roller (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 December 2018
Great place to work, fun environment, usually good co workers, fast pace environment, expect to be ok with cleaning floor to ceiling, and some very late nights
management was non existant
Front of House Staff (Former Employee) –  Waterloo on Canada25 October 2018
actually in the two years that I worked at this place, I never met the owner once. just his family members
they don't really care about their employees and just let them run wild and free
Good job for someone in school or looking for another job
Cook/Roller (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 October 2018
This job is good for anyone in school or in between jobs. The hours are flexible and the work culture is relaxed compared to most restaurants. This job is ideal for someone who doesn't know what they want to do in life, or just need money to survive.
very productive no time for fun ativity.
Manager on Duty (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 September 2018
the day was very busy, serving customer through out the day. managing staff,
receiving phone call orders,
receiving deliveries,
preparation fro next shift.
preparing delivery for the customer.
arranging orders making sure place is clean and tidy.