BURNCO Rock Products Ltd Employee Reviews

If I could give 0 stars I would
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB12 March 2019
Don't even waste you're time applying for this if you like making money I was there a month and had 4 shifts they promise more hours and contracts but never happens and the manager is a slime ball co workers will cut you're throat to get ahead stay away
Pros
Very few
Cons
Burnco
Awful management.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 March 2019
I worked there for 2.5 years and was laid off without cause. I later found out that the manager spread untrue rumours about me to other people. HR also swept my harassment claim under the rug.
They treat their staff poorly and treat their customers about the same .
Pros
Wage
Cons
Poor management, lack of respect
Great atmosphere and coworkers
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB3 January 2019
I enjoy working here. I find it to be a team oriented place and I really enjoy my co-workers. They are actively working on improving the culture and you can feel the change happening.
Pros
Co-workers, team environment
Cons
Long hours, pay isn't great and some old school managers still around.
Zero respect for workers
Ready mix driver (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB28 November 2018
Management in red deer is not good one second you are awesome next your fired for not fitting in would not recommend unless you want to be fired just befor your probation period
Pros
None known
Cons
Poor management
Great Place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB16 November 2018
Everyday is different
Good Management
Fun atmosphere
Interesting products
Good staff discounts
Physically demanding job which was nice. Was able to get into very good shape working here.
Not a good company to work
Aggregate Plant Helper (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB12 October 2018
Workplace culture is worst. Low pay and too physical. Not much to learn and no growth. Work location is not accessible to transit, too remote. No enjoyable part of the job.
Productive working environment with funny co-workers
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 October 2018
My typical day at work Burnco was helping customers first, always answering the phone, putting your best knowledge forward and helping out the best you can. I learned a lot about landscaping materials and the math's for quantities. There was always a lot going on for both employee's and management so everyone had to work really well with each other. Working there was definitely different than all my other jobs I ever had, I mean, all the jobs I ever had were different but this one in particular was so fun and interesting because I love looking at landscaping and the design that goes into landscapers/residential projects and what they do with the materials. The hardest part of the job? Each task and duty had some parts to it that was challenging but nothing dramatic, if there was a problem we would solve it together. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting and getting to know my co-workers, they made me laugh almost everyday and that made work a lot less tense. Although I really enjoyed it when I helped out a landscaping company and they liked their service so much they gave me a google review! That was so sweet of them.
Pros
Sociable, good environment, team work, long hours
Productive and Fun
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB29 September 2018
Awesome place to work, great management. Continuous learning opportunities. Had many employee get together to show appreciation for had work during the summer
Worst Job
Skid Steer Operator/Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 July 2018
Management was terrible, poorly run, rude to customers when they have little knowledge of product, chooses the staff they like and plays favouritism with the yard worker whose been there longest. Treats u like trash with little pay. Had I’d know this going in wouldnt even have taken the job. They know your seasonal so they can just do whatever they want with u.
Pros
Not working there anymore
Cons
Worst run company I've ever worked for!!!!!!
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2018
This company has no regard for its employee's, you are literally just a number and if you don't work your butt off and drink the company kool-aid you are fired on the spot. They have no work-life balance and expect tons of overtime. They grossly underpay and expect you to be grateful for just being there. The people are very negative and constantly complain but everyone just accepts this as the norm and management doesn't take any interest in anyone but their bottom line. If you like being worked to the bone and not being appreciated then this place is for you.For everyone else stay far away- TOXIC STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT!!!!
Cons
Everything!!!
Management and supervisors inmature
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB20 May 2018
Worked for the company for 17 years, was no work balance at the first few years and the last few years there was no security. They would lay people off and take months even up to 6 before bringing you back even though they promised to bring you back sooner. Management don't care about anything other then their wages. Management needs to take some courses on bullying in the workplace.
Pros
Managment
Cons
Wage
I like the work Ethic
Cement Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2018
It was a great opportunity to work with Burnco for as many years as I did. I like the work environment and the team in general. I learnt lots of skills including being organized and planning your job in such a way that provides success.
Fun place to work, at times physically demanding.
Yard Personnel and Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB2 May 2018
variable schedule that is great for a summer job if you are doing other work as well. The pay was ok especially considering on slow days you don't do that much but on busy days in the heat it can seem not worth it.
High stress
Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2018
Long hours, high stress, terrible management when i worked there. Ive heard its changed alot over the last few years for the better. Which is good because it was bad
This company is really expanding and competing with the leader of the concrete industry in Canada
Quality Control/Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 February 2018
It did not slow down during the winter season and continue to deliver good products to customers. It continues to satisfy customers with their humble employees and attends to customer complaints and requests.
Not bad but not good
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2018
Lots of drama due to a union environment other than that it would be a good place to work..would go back if I had the chance. Good wages and benefits. Good parts room.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Poor upper management
Job description
Cement Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 December 2017
Very good company to work for
very demanding as our customers want supply and demand . So we have to work early hrs and long hours good employees to work with as we are a team. Good equipment and awesome mechanics to keep them running efficient.
Pros
Coffee suppied
Cons
Scheduled works times on a call in basis. No seniority
Burnco landscape center calgary
Burnco landscape center (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
Was great starting out but over time they only hire school kids so they dont have to pay as much going into the fall is the worst becuase they think they can run the place with 3-5 guys you are nothing but an expense to burnco you are not a person to burnco you are just money if your not making burnco money you are not apart of burnco the management system for the area is never around they allow bullying by management 40-50 year old men holding their waists to a bunch of 15-19 year olds pre sad place to work once you get the experience sart pay is 14 hourly good luck getting a raise youll have to sell your soul b4 you get a cent from burnco landscape center Toxic toxic place
Pros
Some of the staff are awsome but also get treated poorly
Cons
Good luck getting your breaks when you want if you take your lunch its frowned upon toxic enviroment
co workers and scheduling
Retail Sales (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
Sometimes run out of work.
When working with friends there is sometimes inevitable drama.
Disorganized scheduling occasionally.
Enjoy the people you meet and long time friends
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
confusing schedule
Co-workers and scheduling
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB30 August 2017
The co-workers that I work with are all hard workers and fun people to be around.There is ever an problems with anyone and everyone gets along quite well. It is easy to book time off and get the hours that work best with your schedule, and you are easily able to post shifts that you need to exchange or drop.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Management Involvement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BURNCO Rock Products Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.