BURNCO Rock Products Ltd Employee Reviews

Worst Job
Skid Steer Operator/Yard Worker (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK27 July 2018
Management was terrible, poorly run, rude to customers when they have little knowledge of product, chooses the staff they like and plays favouritism with the yard worker whose been there longest. Treats u like trash with little pay. Had I’d know this going in wouldnt even have taken the job. They know your seasonal so they can just do whatever they want with u.
Pros
Not working there anymore
Cons
Worst run company I've ever worked for!!!!!!
Corporate Employee (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 June 2018
This company has no regard for its employee's, you are literally just a number and if you don't work your butt off and drink the company kool-aid you are fired on the spot. They have no work-life balance and expect tons of overtime. They grossly underpay and expect you to be grateful for just being there. The people are very negative and constantly complain but everyone just accepts this as the norm and management doesn't take any interest in anyone but their bottom line. If you like being worked to the bone and not being appreciated then this place is for you.For everyone else stay far away- TOXIC STRESSFUL ENVIRONMENT!!!!
Cons
Everything!!!
Management and supervisors inmature
Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Strathmore, AB20 May 2018
Worked for the company for 17 years, was no work balance at the first few years and the last few years there was no security. They would lay people off and take months even up to 6 before bringing you back even though they promised to bring you back sooner. Management don't care about anything other then their wages. Management needs to take some courses on bullying in the workplace.
Pros
Managment
Cons
Wage
I like the work Ethic
Cement Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 May 2018
It was a great opportunity to work with Burnco for as many years as I did. I like the work environment and the team in general. I learnt lots of skills including being organized and planning your job in such a way that provides success.
High stress
Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 February 2018
Long hours, high stress, terrible management when i worked there. Ive heard its changed alot over the last few years for the better. Which is good because it was bad
This company is really expanding and competing with the leader of the concrete industry in Canada
Quality Control/Assurance Technician (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC12 February 2018
It did not slow down during the winter season and continue to deliver good products to customers. It continues to satisfy customers with their humble employees and attends to customer complaints and requests.
Not bad but not good
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 January 2018
Lots of drama due to a union environment other than that it would be a good place to work..would go back if I had the chance. Good wages and benefits. Good parts room.
Pros
Decent wage
Cons
Poor upper management
Job description
Cement Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK4 December 2017
Very good company to work for
very demanding as our customers want supply and demand . So we have to work early hrs and long hours good employees to work with as we are a team. Good equipment and awesome mechanics to keep them running efficient.
Pros
Coffee suppied
Cons
Scheduled works times on a call in basis. No seniority
Burnco landscape center calgary
Burnco landscape center (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2017
Was great starting out but over time they only hire school kids so they dont have to pay as much going into the fall is the worst becuase they think they can run the place with 3-5 guys you are nothing but an expense to burnco you are not a person to burnco you are just money if your not making burnco money you are not apart of burnco the management system for the area is never around they allow bullying by management 40-50 year old men holding their waists to a bunch of 15-19 year olds pre sad place to work once you get the experience sart pay is 14 hourly good luck getting a raise youll have to sell your soul b4 you get a cent from burnco landscape center Toxic toxic place
Pros
Some of the staff are awsome but also get treated poorly
Cons
Good luck getting your breaks when you want if you take your lunch its frowned upon toxic enviroment
Long hours and terrible management
Ready Mix Driver/Loader Operator (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC18 August 2017
When I first started working here it was a decent job but we were paid by the run at the beginning which sucked because you didn't make much money. The management was horrible
Poor Managment
Pant assistant (Former Employee) –  Alberta18 August 2017
When hired, was told they like to hire within and help employees learn and advance, after 7 years I've seen nothing but outside hires and layoff of long term employees. If you're hired to do a job, that's the job you will be doing forever if you choose to stay. No advancement.

Good pay, but not above average by much.

Long hours depending on position, some don't get enough hours.

Hard to balance work and life

Great employees

Too much micro management and old school "management buddy system"
Pros
Okay pay, Good employees
Cons
Managment, moral is extremely low. You're nothing but an expense
Hard Work for just above minimum wage
Yard Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2017
I definitely enjoyed the work at the end of the day. You feel like you worked hard. That being said, the Manger is CRAZY and makes bad decisions. The customers are pretty good to deal with. I like that I gained skills with driving equipment and loading vehicles and trucks.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
pay, the General Manager
Toxic place to work!
Receptionist (temporary) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta12 July 2017
The company has a very toxic atmosphere due to one of the upper management staff and their need to bully employees. I was glad when my contract with them ended.
Pros
Nice location
Cons
The culture supports dysfunctional and intimidating behaviour by upper management.
Steady Work, Driving Operating cement Mixer
Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta26 June 2017
Truck Maintenance oil, Tires, Scheduling, Detailing
Care & delivery of ready-mix Concrete
often in summer months, 16 hour days 6 days / week with very little opportunity for time off.
Pros
perks, such as X-mas Party & gifts, Safety Bonus
Cons
Long Hours
It was alright
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB5 May 2017
The job itself was great, and maybe even amazing. I just found no joy in the work and that is my problem, not anything to do with Burnco. If a job as a materials tester is what you want this is the job for you
Tight Knit Group (Young Men Though)
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 April 2017
I was satisfied working here, for the most part coworkers were polite, kind, and hard-working. Some of the guys were mean though - probably thought it was just banter. If you can take some chirps, or generally fit in with that culture, it's a great place to work.
Great Company
Class 3 Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB30 March 2017
I enjoyed working at Burnco for 2 seasons. The biggest problem was there was not enough work during winter months so I was laid off during those times.
Good place to work for
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
Dealed with accounts payable. Calling the customers who hadn't payed their bills. Management was helpful and positive.
Enjoyed doing the accounts payable.
hard work
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2017
Hard work cold dirty pays good day shift night shift odd hours send you wherever they like without notice dangerous not managed overly well very hard to balance work and life this job is not for a family man
productive and fast pased invirnment
Yard Hand (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2017
was a yard hand loading and un loading trucks helping customers putting away of stock and keeping the ground clean load bags of product help customers in designing of there landscaping projects help contractors load and unload
Pros
easy mangment to get a hold of
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BURNCO Rock Products Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.

BURNCO Rock Products Ltd Reviews by Location