Burnaby Association for Community Inclusion

Burnaby Association for Community Inclusion Employee Reviews

Over worked

Always under staff. Some managers is unreasonable is not not open to suggestions and has favouritism. Doesn’t follow seniority when they want someone to work.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Under staff

Productive environment very cooperating fellow employees

I love working here from day one I feel welcomed and I get constructive feedback from my employees and supervisor I am glad to be a part of this organization.

Fun place to work and grow.

A fun place to work collaboratively with honesty, respect and dedication.Teamwork and a heart to support the individuals at residential and community level.

Pros

Christmas/Staff parties

Cons

Long hours if needed.

The staff are wonderful. Management is not

Worst place ever to work. You are a number. You are not a person. The favoritism is rampant. Management is demeaning and puts you down at every turn. Horrible place to work. Even the people we support are violent. Aggressive. Rude. And they get away with it because everyone is too afraid to tell them no. That's not okay in fear if being punched in the face or worse by the clients. Some of the clients should be locked because of their behaviors.

Pros

Cons

Everything safety. Dangerous clients no support from management

Good place to start your career

I appreciate the support I got during the time I was working there as a temporary staff member. The center I was working at needs updates and other workshops for the stuff in order to catch up on what is new in the field.

stressful but managable

the hardest part of the job is to work with different staff. the job is very easy for me, the clients are very sweet and easy to care for. The things that I have learned from this company is how you deal with staff.

great place to work for nice team .

busy environment learned to use products effectively making a difference. learning from the management team . communication with different people . the hardest part of the job was convincing the customers to go for the products .

Pros

great team of people

Cons

not enough time to complete the task

Productive and fun environment

The people and worket here are really nice abd good. They treated us a family and friends. We worked together and we're having a team work here. That why you don't feel lime you're alone.

Fun place to work

Working at this company is really rewarding. The employers are really nice. The supervisor are really flexible in giving schedule. I love working here because everyone is really respectful of everyone's culture.

The work environment was relaxed and easy going

The work environment was relaxed and easy going. The management team was friendly and understanding. They staff was also super friendly. The admin duties were for an entry level position.

It is a awesome place to work must have a strong interest in this field

I really liked volunteering my time at Burnaby Association the Staff were really kind and friendly if you didn't know something or needed help they would kindly explain it to you.

Pros

flexible hours lunch breaks close to Skytrain station

Cons

lots of Responsibilities paperwork when the place closes.

Challenging workplac

BACI was a fun place to work at time but also proved to be trying at times with minimal staff support from management down. Very gossipy and cliquey not the healthiest place to work.

striving for independence

I am excited to participate 3 days per week in the day program.I am learning transit routes to create more independence, how to be a team player, learn computer and email skills.

Pros

Great opportunity to learn to adapt to different personalities

Cons

End of day can be quite overwhelming and distracting

Answer phone, make coffee and clean

I liked working at Burnaby Association because I like answering phones, and i was making coffee, I Learned that when a Customer gets mad over the phone with you, you pass the phone to someone else, Management was good, I didn't have a Co-worker really, The hardest part of the Job is trying not to argue with a customer on the phone and to keep your cool, most enjoyable part of the job was helping people at the front desk.

Pros

coffee

Cons

customers bad attitude on phone

Empower

Empowering people and staff to improve their qualities of life. Provide mentorship for people to develop and obtain goals.

if you love working with people

great place to work. Love the management team friendly staff

Pros

free lunches

Cons

quota to meet

Productive and fun workplace

Learning from each other and supportive as a team. Management like a member of a family and support when we need work load. When the parents of the clients are not cooperating the needs of the individual. Meeting different people and learn to adopt multiculturalism.

Pros

Free meals on social events

Cons

Disfunctional organization. Poor management.

Toxic culture. No support from management. Poor team dynamics.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burnaby Association for Community Inclusion. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8Job security/advancement