Burlington Hydro

Burlington Hydro Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews
a great place to work: lots of challenges, realistic understanding of the issues and constraints, emphasize doing the job well and being prepared, nice balance of technical and strategic work
I learned a lot about the line workers and meter employees that do their jobs to make sure we have hydro.
Learned new skills and updated my skills

all the employees are very friendly and helpful
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No room for advancement in the office
I started my career with Burlington hydro as a co-op student, then a week after I graduate from Mohawk College, I started working as a full-time contract employee. Really enjoyed working with hydro. Great co-workers, Really good working environment.
Working for BHI was a great experience and it was interesting to learn about the hydro industry. The team I worked with were very accepting of me and always willing to provide assistance if needed.
although this a very rewarding job, I found the management under appreciated our department. My coworkers were awesome and our department was great to work in.
Pros
Good wages and benefits
Cons
A typical day for me at work at Burlington Hydro consists of Customer Service work first thing in the morning, ensuring that all customers have made the required payments in the computer system. I work in the Billing department as well and the Accounting and Conservation departments from time to time. I received so many opportunities to take a look at each aspect of the company and enjoyed all of it. My co-workers were all amazing people and more than willing to help me out with anything I needed in any department.