Burger King Employee Reviews

Not much to say
Customer Service Representative / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 January 2018
There is too much to say about Burger KIng it was cool to work there and just sometimes hang out when it wasn't so busy but it was just so boring there and going that far to work didn't seem practical
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
annoying customers
great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Crémazie, QC2 January 2018
great job to have very nice manager, learned a lot about customer service. everyone is super friendly, a very hard working environment but still very enjoyable.
Fun
Crew (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB2 January 2018
Honestly was a great place to work! I never had a issue with any of my co workers or the management. The manager was really understanding when I had to take time off to deal with family matters.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Its ok to make friends but horrible to work at
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON2 January 2018
I enjoyed my time at burger king and made some good friends but to be honest the work was unnecessarily stressful and complicated at times and management is absolutely horrible. I had a funeral to go to and my manager made me feel bad and basically fired me for saying i need to mourn which is why i quit. The people i met there are great and made the job bearable but at the same time i wouldn't recommend anyone stay there longer than it takes to make and pay for a burger. Also you still have to pay for food so nah wouldnt recommend
Fast pace
Cashier/Food Prepare/ Packager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 January 2018
fast-paced, good communication, good customer experience, good teamwork skills, strong ability to understand and follow instructions in a hectic working environment.
Pros
Good lunches
Cons
Great place to gain work experience.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON27 December 2017
The staff was very unreasonable and as not fair to an outside work life. It was a great experience to gain customer service and learning what its like in the workplace.
productive and good place to work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Fort St. John, BC27 December 2017
I learned a lot of things at this work. As I learned teamwork and good service to customers. All the time, I spent there was good and memorable. I worked there as a cashier and desk receptionist over there and my experience was good there but I am not getting my sufficient hours there so this is the only reason to leave this job there.
Pros
50% off on luch
Cons
less hours
best for student
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rexdale, ON27 December 2017
really busy work place and a great place to work with great people it is always challenge so ensure that customer is happy with your service always smile.
Pros
free food
Cons
less hours
Fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC19 December 2017
It was a good experience, overall the work environment was very friendly and i really enjoyed working at the store. The major cons for the store were that, the working hours were not sufficient.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
less hours
Great staff, simple work
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 December 2017
Definitely a fantastic environment, the customers and staff are respectful, the place is clean and well managed, and training is easy and quick to learn.
Not a great place.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS14 December 2017
I've worked at Burger King for 5 month now, the management is horrendous, frequent schedule changes with no notice (arrived at work to find out my shift was changed from 11-7 to 11-9) being scheduled 7+ days straight "by accident" and getting scheduled for days they know your unavailable then being told "to figure it out".
The work setting it self feels more like returning to high school with the amount of drama and gossip, even by the management staff. Income is $10.85 for 25-58 hours for full-time with no overtime payment or option for medical benefits. Overall would highly not recommend to anyone, poor management, hectic at best hours, and no room for pay increase or benefits.
Pros
25% discount.
Cons
Everything else.
Didn't give breaks
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON13 December 2017
Horrible staff managers refused to give breaks and when they allowed it you had to stay in the back. Would not recommend this job to a friend ........
Pros
First shift free food
Cons
No. Reaks
Very fun
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 December 2017
Very good place to work....enjoyed it allot...bought my first car with the money i saved a burger king...fat paste.friendly people and customers surprisingly
Not bad
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON9 December 2017
Working there wasn't too bad, not many hours. The management was okay, getting sent home is normal because it's never that busy. Coworkers were great!
Pros
Easy shifts
Cons
Not many hours
teaches you how to handle stress and about teamwork
Baker (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC8 December 2017
working at burger king was stressful i had to be fast but once you learn how to communicate with the members of your team it gets better.

the hardest part of the job is to deal with the stress.
Productive and fun
Cashier/Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  The Pas, MB7 December 2017
Good Management and staff everyone helped everyone and things got done full time hours and I was supervisor of staff intill the business closed its doors.
Good workplace
Burger King Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2017
The Burger King I have started working at has been a overall good experience since I got there. The other employees are nice for the majority of the time.
Pros
Free lunches
If you're desperate
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 December 2017
Pretty terrible entry-level job. Management didn't manage and often left workers alone for hours, dirty work environment definitely not food safe and severely understaffed.
Pros
it pays and you get %50 food/drinks
Cons
everything else
My First Job
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 December 2017
Burger King was my first job ever. I was hired as a cashier and was promoted as a shift co once I turned 18. I've learned how to manage the floor and handle cash. It was a great first job to gain all the knowledge I have today.
fun place to work at burger king
Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB29 November 2017
My typical day for this work when it was so busy.I learned to respect

my co- worker and there culture.prepare various menu items

maintain fast place during peak business hours.

Pros
everyone is nice
Cons
late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

56.8K