Burger King Employee Reviews

Productive clean workplace with kind coworkers
Cashier / Drive thru (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2018
I loved my experience working there. The staff was amazing, the work ethic was good and everyone always did their part ! A typical day at work for me was clocking in an seeing if I were on cash or drive thru then I'd go to my appointed station. Management was fair to everyone and use coworkers got along great. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the parking lot garbages, but I did not mind it as much.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Overnight Shifts
Worst management ever
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON31 January 2018
Worst management team I've ever experienced, they couldn't for the life of them book an appropriate amount of staff for the day and when management was there they basically did jack all
Pros
50% off food on your lunch
Cons
Everything else
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Belleville, ON28 January 2018
I have been employed for over four years currently and am enjoying it. I have received a promotion. It is always an amazing challenge being employed there.
Regular
Chef de quart (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC27 January 2018
If you're desperate for a job it's not a very bad place to work at. I do not suggest you go there if you're a full time student because you're going to have to work night shifts and stay late.
Fun work place
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Belleville, ON26 January 2018
Great place to work, responsibilities aren't too bad. Great place to work if you want to work in a team oriented environment, remember this is a team environment. You will be working as one unit. If you don't want to work as a team and help everyone, the best you can, this job isn't for you.

Please keep in mind its never just food, cleaning is needed, monitoring stock is important. Moving things around is important. Never work in fast food if you feel you will just be standing around, taking orders, and talking. It's more than that. You will need to connect with your customers, keep a great line of communication with your supervisors and make sure you bring the best skills you have to the table.
Pros
short lived shifts, business is always great.
Cons
one lunch per shift no other breaks
Great experience
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2018
Working at a fast food company was a little twist and change as to what i was usually accustomed to, but it turned out for the better!
working customer service always had it's challenges, but at burger king, it was always a good time. friendly customers, great cooperative staff.
Pros
great management
A good communicating skill is one of the first base of any business. And this job teaches me this skill on a daily basis.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON25 January 2018
Interacting with customers to make sure that they a satisfactory experience is one of the main responsibility of this job. My workplace has a friendly and healthy environment which makes this job less stressful. The most interesting part of this job that I like to do is to assign team members at a specific station and train them accordingly.
Easy enough, needs good management to be enjoyable
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 January 2018
The job is simple enough and enjoyable to perform if youre people friendly. The only issues that arise is when stores are disorganized or inefficient. It can be stressful to maneuver a chaootic workplace. many problems arise and often stack. if you have good management and a well organised store, it can be a very pleasant and smooth experience. You may feel very satisfied with the amount of customers you succesffully served, no matter the size or complexity of the order.
good place
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  2919 Queen St E, Brampton, ON L6V 4K224 January 2018
Good workplace culture, friendly employees. Fast paced but not extremely difficult. Good managers, clean work environment. Decent pay and decent hours.
hard work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 January 2018
there is no good management in our restaurant and we do not have any general manager yet. Staff is not friendly and there is no good bus service on this side
Pros
free meel
Cons
hard work
productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 January 2018
I worked in the back of the house, making burgers and sandwiches, I learned in this Job how to work in a fast pace environment and how to be familiarized with different kinds of people. i have no problem with the management. the hardest part of the job is when the people ask for too much even though you already gave your 100 percent in your workplace. but I enjoy working in this company a lot.
Pros
free food, great people
Fun Workplace
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON21 January 2018
A typical day at work was fast & you need to know what your doing
Always be prepared to learn new things.
Great crew members, enjoyed being part of a team
Administrative Functions
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS20 January 2018
The company is very supportive and the there is a lot of chance for growth and advancement. The only reason why I am writing this post is because of the possibility of the store will shut down soon (business owner's decision). So, it's for my family and personal security reason.
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Long Hours
Great environment to work in
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Victoria park and danforth19 January 2018
Had a good time working and understanding the industry of Burger King. Also the manager and my co workers mad it fun to work with. them but all in all it was a great experience.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Less hours
Burgerking
Team Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 January 2018
It was an okay work environment. Some people didn't get along. But overall the job was a great one and I had a lot of fun working there. Great job and nice people
Great Work Environment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 January 2018
A typical day at work for a crew member at Burger King included many different responsibilities. Such as money handling, providing customer service, and cleaning. As my first fast food job I learned many things over the past two years when I worked there. I learned how to deal with customers and employees professionally in a high intensity environment. As for the management there all I can say is that it was excellent, including with the workplace culture. Everyone was very friendly and fun to be around, our 'BK family" would have holiday potlucks/ work get together's. Throughout the two years I worked there the hardest part of the job was dealing with angry customers but I quickly learned how to appropriately handle those situations, and was no longer difficult . The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have the power to change someone's day by being extra nice while on the job to customers.
At the start work was good.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB17 January 2018
I started off fantastic. then slowly everything fell apart. I started losing hours, they stopped calling me, lying to me about not being able to afford works but each time I went into the restaurant, there was new people. So I just quit
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Lies and No shifts
making the bugers and making friends
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON16 January 2018
I had fun they the people and the boss were great and love the people because they always made it fun and they it easy because they always help when I ask
It’s kinda okay
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC14 January 2018
Burger king in prince george doesn’t have any applicating forms and they don’t clean their dishes properly. They just give it a quick scrub and rinse.
Overall pretty horrid.
Cashier, Drive-thru (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS11 January 2018
Management is biased and terrible. Customers openly harass you consistently and nothing will be done about it. Problematic workers do not get fired or cut hours whereas honest mistakes for diligent employees can make you lose up to 16 hours weekly for a consistent time period despite working there for years due to favoritism. If you do good, you're expected to be worked like a dog. Only good thing was the friends I've made during my time there, which is different for everyone but isn't really a legitimate positive as a whole for the company. It's the only good thing I've got for it, however.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers.
Cons
No job advancement, management is horrendous and biased, terrible hours with very little opportunity to get more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

56.8K