Burger King Employee Reviews

No time to review this
Front Cashier and Food Handler (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON25 March 2018
It is a requirement to write a minimum 150 letters but I don't have time to even think about this place and write a good or bad review so I'm just trying to fill the space.
Decent workers, pushy managers, cheap everything
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB24 March 2018
Restaurants are forced to operate on minimum costs which cause Managers to push employees very hard, cause conditions and equipment to be as low tier and cheap as possible.

So for high demands from Managers, in low quality environments, asking for high quality work done with low quality equipment, leads to a horrid work experience.
Pros
Easy to be hired
Cons
You'll want to quit
Collaborative and fast-paced workplace
Front/Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2018
A typical day at work consists of collaborating with a team of 7 employees each shift, serving an average of 200 customers per shift. In Burger King, I learned how to effectively balance and prioritize responsibilities in any given shift to ensure all tasks are completed on time. The challenging part of the job is working under pressure and handling customer complaints. Overall, the workplace culture is good and all crew members I have worked with are helpful.
Pros
Free Meal per Shift
Overall good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON21 March 2018
Supervisor: In charge of shift, delegation, ensure quality of closing shifts. Ensure effective work flow and time efficiency. Organizing nightly duties and using time efficiently in fast paced environment. In charge of daily inventory, recording of production, production waste and product disposal. Health and safety and quality assurance; Quality checks, temperature control on all product, fridge, freezer, and Product Holding Unit performed during shift.
Dirty
kitchen cook (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON20 March 2018
Terrible Place to work very horrible management
Under staffed, hardest part of the job was working alone in the kitchen with no help making customers orders
Challenging and enjoyable place to work
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 March 2018
A regular shift evolves in a fast-paced setting requiring full attention in order to give the best customer service. I learned how to handle time and cash management. The hardest part of the job would be dealing with complains and making sure they leave the store satisfied. The best part of the job is being able to work in a friendly environment.
Pros
Free meal
Cons
No fixed schedule
Hms host
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  HMS Host 401 Woodstock17 March 2018
I did not enjoy working for this company. HMS Host management is under trained and does not prioritize its employees. I will/have not recommended anyone to work here.
good people and fun work
Line Cook and Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB15 March 2018
very good people and the work was so much fun the store was very clean cooking the burgers was fun and entertaining and then i go to make some burgers as well that was fun and cool over all a good store
fast-paced free uniform and lunches and paid breaks
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
nice company to work for sometimes the kids that work were just a little mature so the working conditions were highly watched i loved the monthly bounces
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
burger place sometimes daycare
Working at BK
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2018
-Requires better benefits to offer employees
-Better training for managers
-Salary Increase should be equally provided
-NEEDS advance technologies to compete well with other companies
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Limited Free lunch choices for crews
Mixing with different culturew
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 March 2018
I enjoy working with different cultures since i can learn from their cultures and back ground,The environment is very good s everyone is friendly and helpfull.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
i have to take three busses to get to work
my opinion on burger king
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON12 March 2018
The Burger king in orillia was a very fun and fast paced job every day was something diffrent you never knew if it was going to be a busy day or a slow day
Flexible and supportive work envirnoment
cashier (Current Employee) –  kingsway, burnaby8 March 2018
i love working at Burger King because of the staff. I am able to do my shift with the support of others. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset individuals but i take my job seriously and am capable of dealing with it.ca
fun work place
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON4 March 2018
the hardest part of the job was the line ups. The most enjoyable part of the job it was fast cause it was always busy. typical day at work was my shift from 12-1.
Pros
paid lunches
Cons
line ups
fun work place and my very first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 March 2018
greeted people in a friendly manner and got to learn a lot of new things mainly because this was my first job at the age of 16 and I would highly recommend this job for someone. the people there are very nice and fun to work for.
Pros
50% off your food and free uniforms
Cons
not enouglht
Relaxing place to work with a fun team
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Woodbine Mall, Malton28 February 2018
The team I had the opportunity to work with acted like a family. We stuck by each other, developed friend ships outside of the work place and worked productively as a group. We were casual with one another and this improved both professional and social relationships. Work there was not stressful. It was tiring, but most jobs are. There were no unexpected mishaps. Unfortunately, my hours were cut drastically and I was not contacted once employment resumed after the one month unemployment period.
Pros
50% discount, fluent hours, kind managers
Cons
Standing for long periods
Bullying
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 February 2018
Some Supervisor to staff verbal bullying but over all a fun work environment. little to no speed requirements makes it a great starter job with a good potential for working up the ladder; also flexible with hours.
Pros
50% discount when working/25% when not/15% for family when working
fun with team members and shift co.
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Burlington, ON27 February 2018
I was just arrived in the Canada, where i joined burger king. i learn lots of skills which i did not have through the career because it is the first place where i started my career.
Alright job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2018
Didn't have the best job experience working here due to management and unfriendly environment. Fast food is the ideal high school job but I wouldn't recommend burger king.
Pros
Employee discount
job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS26 February 2018
eh it was a typical fast food job that I learned a bit about management skills from - not really a lot of space to move up tho as it is a very small store compared to others
Pros
staff discount
Cons
staff turnover

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

56.8K