Burger King Employee Reviews for Cook

fun and simple at times
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 May 2018
Very nice place to work not too many issues with the staff i had very solid hours all summer. It could get a little unorganized at times, but i am thankful for the job.
Pros
breaks
Cons
very busy
Fast Food.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 May 2018
Assemble pre-designed burgers in a timely matter. Keep the back area clean. There's not much more to say about any fast food location. Its fast food, pretty self explanatory.
Fun workplace
Cashier and cook (Former Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON26 April 2018
Taking guests order correctly in a fast and friendly manner, cash handling as well as order taking threw a headset in drive thru. This job teaches how to multi task and be experienced in a fast paced environment.You are standing for long periods but overall it was a good experience.
It was great! But...
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL11 April 2018
It was a joy coming into work each and every shift, the management made it very easy to balance high school life along with working life. Although having food thrown at me by customers is not desired, it is a part of the job. It was not great showing up to work and being told that the store is shutting down and you and your co-workers do not have jobs.
Pros
Commradory
Cons
Surprise Closeure
Good Environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON28 March 2018
Easy too get along with the staff , very few hours , Easy job but consent , Very adjustable with your schedule , Management was nice but very behind on information regarding shifts and issues
Pros
50% Off
Cons
Very few hours
work good alone and coworker
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB17 February 2018
i will never work at burger king again because they suspended for no reason with no proof for nothing and why the management can keep they bread on they face and not us
fun challenging environment
Cook (Former Employee) –  Casselman, ON13 February 2018
While this work place was fun, with pleasant co-workers and managers, it was still challenging. Every day my time management skills were challenged. New food items came out almost weekly and high demand on speed and capability kept me on my toes at all times.
Pros
half off food, great co-workers, and close to home
Cons
Very warm, Physically demanding, and late/early shifts
Good place for first job
CASHIER/COOK | HMS HOST (Current Employee) –  Tilbury, ON5 February 2018
This workplace is a good start for those who are new to the job industry. The managers are always nice and willing to cheer us up and will alter the schedule to fit their workers needs.
Pros
Up to $10 free lunch
Cons
Short staffed
At the start work was good.
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Redcliff, AB17 January 2018
I started off fantastic. then slowly everything fell apart. I started losing hours, they stopped calling me, lying to me about not being able to afford works but each time I went into the restaurant, there was new people. So I just quit
Pros
Friendly People
Cons
Lies and No shifts
Not a great place.
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS14 December 2017
I've worked at Burger King for 5 month now, the management is horrendous, frequent schedule changes with no notice (arrived at work to find out my shift was changed from 11-7 to 11-9) being scheduled 7+ days straight "by accident" and getting scheduled for days they know your unavailable then being told "to figure it out".
The work setting it self feels more like returning to high school with the amount of drama and gossip, even by the management staff. Income is $10.85 for 25-58 hours for full-time with no overtime payment or option for medical benefits. Overall would highly not recommend to anyone, poor management, hectic at best hours, and no room for pay increase or benefits.
Pros
25% discount.
Cons
Everything else.
Very fun
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON11 December 2017
Very good place to work....enjoyed it allot...bought my first car with the money i saved a burger king...fat paste.friendly people and customers surprisingly
Productive and fun
Cashier/Cook/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  The Pas, MB7 December 2017
Good Management and staff everyone helped everyone and things got done full time hours and I was supervisor of staff intill the business closed its doors.
fun place to work
Cook (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS10 October 2017
Always had the clients smiling and laughing before they walked out the door. staff was very friendly, like family. Management was clam and easy to talk to
productive work place
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK8 October 2017
had an amazing team of coworkers so it was very well to work with them, could use more men for night staff tho, enjoyed my time with the company. hours were good
Burger King
Cook and opened store (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON23 September 2017
I worked at a Burger King for almost two years. At the start of my employment thing were not to bad, friendly staff. My last year sucked we were always unemployed.
Pros
food safety, emloyees
Awesome place have lots of good memories
Cook (Former Employee) –  Innisfil, ON31 August 2017
Overall good place to work for a first job had lots of fun and made lots of new friends.
If you want to stay busy and get decent hours this is the place to be.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Busy
Good Company
reasonable salary
flexible hours
responsible coworkers
Productive and fun workplace
cook/server and cleaner and cashier (Current Employee) –  North Battleford, SK20 August 2017
Well i start at 8 am and i start clening the parking lot and change garbage outside then come in and stock shelves and take customers orders and clean up after guests and end my shift at 4 pm. Well i learned how to work quickly and as a team player and how to work effectivelyand customer service.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
not enough money
Fun and safe environment
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON7 August 2017
Working there was a great experience, great for a first job! I learned so much and everyone was so nice to me and didn't mind taking time to explain things
Pros
Discount
Cons
Getting burned
RUN far far away
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Prince George, BC31 July 2017
Before it was sold it was good, and it's still good elsewhere. But in town, the manager treats his staff like garbage, argues with customers when BK was wrong (Missing a patty on a burger or hair in the food) Calls the same customers liars and idiots, and has no idea how to run a business. BK itself is fine, but with the current management, not worth it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

57.3K