Burger King Employee Reviews for Cashier

I've worked with staff with whom I recognized as my "work family."
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 June 2018
A typical day is when the day pass by so quickly. I hated the slow days especially when I have to ask staff to go because of labor, other than that it was quite fine. I learned to work with different culture and to respect and acknowledge. The hardest part of the job was to tell staff labor is high so I have to send one or two home and no one wants to.
horrible
Cashier (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON30 May 2018
there was lack of management even though they had 5 different managers. never had more than 5 hours a week. there was food all over the ground and they stopped putting me on the schedule and refused me hours they did this to a lot of people that are in training.
Pros
Cons
so many
fun fast pace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 May 2018
this burger king is a fun fast paced environment where you can gain valuable work experience. everyone is kind and ready to help new members of staff learn.
Fast Food for Beginners
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB3 May 2018
I first started working at the local BK after quitting a high school sports team, with the one condition that I find a job. Next day I brought a resume in-store, and was hired by the next weekend.

I spent almost 5 years during high school and post-secondary working part-time at BK, mostly after school and Sunday mornings, and the majority of the summer.

Do wish they allowed shorts during the hot months, but do heed their advice for slip-resistant restaurant shoes. Once I took a tumble at work while trying to close the staff door wearing converses. Save your tailbone and wear the ugly things.
Pros
50% lunch, 25% off everything else
Cons
long shifts, hot during the summer
productive and enjoyable place to work.
Cashier, Drive-through, Food (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON1 May 2018
Burger King was filled with great employees and managers. It was a fun and efficient place to work. I learned a lot about how to deal with customers when they are not satisfied with their work and more about being polite and kind to people (customers and coworkers) because you don't know what is going on in their personal lives.
Basic job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rigaud, QC28 April 2018
Basic job, teaches you interact with clients who are difficult and rude while still providing them with great customer service.Slighty underpaid for the amount of work they make you do
Pros
discount
fun, relaxed and productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 April 2018
a typical day at work would include taking orders, doing drinks as they tell you their order, clean counters and sweep the front. the workplace is very diverse. everyone is chill and nice to talk to.
Pros
family vibe, 25-50% discount
Fun and Functionable workplace!
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON10 April 2018
I joined the team during the summer months and was impressed due to the quality of the food, the cleanliness of the workplace. I learned how to improve my multi-tasking skills, place and prepare orders.
The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the customers, everyone loves BK!
Pros
Opportunity to meet new people/Gain experience
Interesting workplace, Comfortable, and educative
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2018
I've worked with costumers a lot while being employed at Burger King. It was my first job and i felt comfortable with who I was working with. The hours weren't as flexible as i thought. Often conflicting with my school hours. Besides that only con great work environment.
Pros
Understanding staff
Cons
Confliction work hours
Collaborative and fast-paced workplace
Front/Drive-Thru Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 March 2018
A typical day at work consists of collaborating with a team of 7 employees each shift, serving an average of 200 customers per shift. In Burger King, I learned how to effectively balance and prioritize responsibilities in any given shift to ensure all tasks are completed on time. The challenging part of the job is working under pressure and handling customer complaints. Overall, the workplace culture is good and all crew members I have worked with are helpful.
Pros
Free Meal per Shift

Want to know more about Burger King?

Ask a question
Flexible and supportive work envirnoment
cashier (Current Employee) –  kingsway, burnaby8 March 2018
i love working at Burger King because of the staff. I am able to do my shift with the support of others. The hardest part of the job is dealing with upset individuals but i take my job seriously and am capable of dealing with it.ca
fun work place and my very first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS2 March 2018
greeted people in a friendly manner and got to learn a lot of new things mainly because this was my first job at the age of 16 and I would highly recommend this job for someone. the people there are very nice and fun to work for.
Pros
50% off your food and free uniforms
Cons
not enouglht
Relaxing place to work with a fun team
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Woodbine Mall, Malton28 February 2018
The team I had the opportunity to work with acted like a family. We stuck by each other, developed friend ships outside of the work place and worked productively as a group. We were casual with one another and this improved both professional and social relationships. Work there was not stressful. It was tiring, but most jobs are. There were no unexpected mishaps. Unfortunately, my hours were cut drastically and I was not contacted once employment resumed after the one month unemployment period.
Pros
50% discount, fluent hours, kind managers
Cons
Standing for long periods
Bullying
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB27 February 2018
Some Supervisor to staff verbal bullying but over all a fun work environment. little to no speed requirements makes it a great starter job with a good potential for working up the ladder; also flexible with hours.
Pros
50% discount when working/25% when not/15% for family when working
Alright job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2018
Didn't have the best job experience working here due to management and unfriendly environment. Fast food is the ideal high school job but I wouldn't recommend burger king.
Pros
Employee discount
Good work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prince George, BC19 February 2018
I learned from Burger King, how to learn new things in accurate manner and I came to learn about working in a team. They provide best training to all the employees. Furthermore, they are not biased. All the employees and managers work in a team as they have good team spirit.
Pros
Free food provided during breaks
Cons
All is well
Great for a starter job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON19 February 2018
I loved working at Burger King when i first started. It is a great job for high school kids. Once i moved to a new location i noticed that it turned from more of a work environment to a high school clique
Not recommended.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa East, ON15 February 2018
Working at burger king is hard for any caucasian. It is more of a family and friends environment. Barely any hours staff are treated like they do not matter. No advancement opportunities at all. Even if you show up early for your shifts and work as hard as you can management will not notice. This company cares more about the money than its employees. Even when customers are rude and violent we are still to serve them.
Pros
50% discount while working
Cons
short shifts, 1 shift per week, no discount if not working, management throws out your stuff if forgotten at work.
Productive clean workplace with kind coworkers
Cashier / Drive thru (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2018
I loved my experience working there. The staff was amazing, the work ethic was good and everyone always did their part ! A typical day at work for me was clocking in an seeing if I were on cash or drive thru then I'd go to my appointed station. Management was fair to everyone and use coworkers got along great. The hardest part of the job was cleaning the parking lot garbages, but I did not mind it as much.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Overnight Shifts
hard work
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Burnaby, BC24 January 2018
there is no good management in our restaurant and we do not have any general manager yet. Staff is not friendly and there is no good bus service on this side
Pros
free meel
Cons
hard work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

57.2K