Burger King Employee Reviews

Found 1,071 reviews matching the search See all 31,102 reviews
management need to improve alot
Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON15 November 2018
good staff and place to work but management needs to change their way before all the employees quit. A lot of dictatorship by the top management and employees are forced to work even if they are sick.
good place to work
customer service EXPERIENCE OF MORE THaN TWO YEAR (Current Employee) –  British Columbia14 November 2018
staff is very good to work over burger king but problem is with hours and shifts . i worked as shift leader and do my duty with great responsibility and count the till every night as i have to close the store with great responsibility .
Pros
lot of dealing with new people
Cons
less pay
Great place an free food
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB13 November 2018
Our manager was the best the people where great an had a good experience with my co workers team work was always practiced an discipline was also involved
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
fast food job
Food Preparation / Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 November 2018
It was okay working at burger king because of the employees. They didn't give very many breaks and wouldn't let you go outside after a certain time of the night.
Pros
co-workers nice
Cons
not a lot of breaks
fast paced, bad/rude management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  1075 Commissioners Rd E, London, ON8 November 2018
The job was good, got to prepare orders, worked till did previous transactions, hardest part was how busy it got and how little staff we had and manager had been rude to not only employees but customers and lied. I enjoyed working at the cash I also cleaned and maintained most areas of the restaurant.
Pros
easy shifts
Cons
managers attitude/not enough employees
Good Job with some good hours and co workers
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON5 November 2018
Great place to work, good hours, some fun co workers. Also a pretty nice 50% discount. They were also very willing to train new employees and old employees on different parts of the job (cashier, cook etc)
Pros
got rewards for doing good work
Cons
had some rough customers
Productive / district manager is rude
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Orillia, ON4 November 2018
I have great deal of respect for the owners but I find the district manager is hard to make happy. Feels likes I am walking on egg shells & when I try to discuss something feels like she doesn't care.
Pros
Good owners
Cons
Poor attitude from district manager
Busy lunch hours, but friendly coworkers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ON28 October 2018
A typical day is being yelled at by staff, usually the general manager.
I learned how to hold down a job despite what people can put me through, i was trained to be manager then it was decided i wasnt needed due to extenuating circumstances.
Pros
50% discount once per shift, 25% discount always
Cons
Rude customers, undetermined schedule
Lazy Management
Senior Employee (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK27 October 2018
The Management was very lazy and didn't care much about anything that went on, not much opportunity to grow or move up; very stale work environment, nothing exciting for incentives.
Needs renovations
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 October 2018
The building I worked at was very gross. It was in desperate need of professional cleaning and renovations. While I did learn a lot and enjoyed interacting with customers, the environment was just filthy. I would I highly recommend for it getting renovations ASAP.
Pros
Free Lunch during break
Cons
Filthy environment
Good team members and management.
Team member (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC23 October 2018
I learnt a lot at burger king about how to cooperate with each other and how to behave with guests. I learnt to handle people. I like the management a lot.
Équipe dynamique
chef de quart (Current Employee) –  Crémaizie23 October 2018
C'est une Équipe dynamique avec beaucoup de amitions
Good team work, fast pace industry
Crew member (Current Employee) –  North York, ON22 October 2018
Good working environment
Fast pace industry
Fun environment
Management is good
Team is cooperative
Customer handling
Maintain clean environment in work place
it was a great experience working at burger king also great explosure
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  montego bay gloucester ave20 October 2018
burger king is one of the best place to gain little experience ......when you have the right team to work with i can't say anything bad about burger king
Pros
free lunches
Cons
hours was ok
i was interesting
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON20 October 2018
bk was fun i made lots of new friends i learned lots of things at burger king also i got better at working with people there were lots of fun moments .
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  North York, ON16 October 2018
I learned to work fast and efficient on a busy hours. Also I learned and gain experience through the cash register. i also got a chance to serve customer through the drive through.
Crew and Management (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON15 October 2018
Burger king was a great place of employment for a starter job. Great people to work with and a good sense of team work environment. It was a great stepping stone.
Poor management
Cooked, cleaned, drive thru, cashier (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON15 October 2018
A typical work day at burger king was hard especially with the management there. They are a place that is not well established. They are also known for having frequent turnover of employees.
Ready for any stress work and Can handle Guest Complain, Satisfying dissatisfied Customers
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Country Hills, AB12 October 2018
Work for me is like a regular routine that need to be taken cared of, everyday when I go to work early in the morning, when I open the store I always do the Walk-thru to see to it that everything is ready and available for the Customers needs. I always greet the customer with the sincere smile and making sure that they are satisfied with the service. I learned a lot from my experience handling guest complain, we should apologize for our mistakes and avoid to make it happen again. I do love to work with different culture. Every job is not as easy but for me the hardest part is when the customers leave the store unhappy, because without the customers we are not here in the bussiness. So we should take care of them as a queen and king.
Most enjoyable part of the job is making everybody happy eventhough there is stress at work. Think positive always and avoid complaining.
Co workers are nice
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON12 October 2018
Organized, people are nice there, customers are also very nice, just a little stressful and tiring to work there. They give you the hours you want and they teach you everything you need to learn.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

58K