Burger King Employee Reviews

Found 1,111 reviews matching the search See all 33,386 reviews
It was like a second home
Cook & Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saskatchewan19 March 2019
Managers were very good and friendly. The crew were also friendly. It was like a second home. The customers were good and friendly. The hardest part of the job would be after midnight when it was closed (have to clean the entire store).
not good workplace
Cook's assistant & cashier (Current Employee) –  Brossard, QC19 March 2019
many resposiblities just on one person
bad managment
people and staff were very rude and they didnt behave friendly
the hardest part of job was the time when the manager gave me all responsiblities such as washing the dishes
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Regina, SK16 March 2019
I learn so much from working in Burger king. They look everyone same. Burger king' staff help me to improve my skills and I really enjoy working there.
Fun and Productive environment for people to enjoy their food
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 March 2019
I was very pleased on how well they treated me. They always made sure I well taken care of with my paper work and day to day life style. This organization made me realize a lot of my strengths !
Bk
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON13 March 2019
It was a good place to go to work, alothough finding alternate hours, and schedules was a bit taxing, management was nice, co workers were friendly, but nothing very substantial. Hard to build very many co-worker friendships.
Not very good customer service
Front Counter Attendant (Former Employee) –  Duncan, BC12 March 2019
The managers were very unorganized they wernt very good at thier jobs they had q high turn over rate under paid and over worked. I dont feel there was any learning or opportunities available here.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Not very friendly staff
What I learned
Franchise Operator & Manager (Former Employee) –  Ontario10 March 2019
Lots to learn in QSR industry. I.e staffing, key metrics, and profitability/bottom line measures. Issues with staffing and scheduling is the hardest part of job. Employees not showing up to or canceling shift are problems.
Cons
Staff turnover
It is a fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 March 2019
I love working over here the managers were really nice. every day I meet different people. I learned how to sell. The most enjoyable part was doing drive-thru alone.
Great Staff and willing to do Quality Work
crew member (Current Employee) –  Innisfil, ON7 March 2019
I have a great experience by doing work here. Managers understand our situation and help us to solve the problems. Very friendly environment. In our break we allow to get free food.
Pros
Get appreciate for good work
Cons
extremely uncomfortable work environment/little to no respect from managment
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Bowmanville, ON5 March 2019
While working at this establishment, I was treated with very little respect, from managment speaking badly about myself and others while in the workplace, to being criticized and feeling judged about things after only a day of training. While working here, I was told by multiple crew members as well as managers that it was ok to leave food in the holding place even after it was supposed to be thrown out. This workplace is probably the most stressful one I have been in, not because of the job itself but because of the people working there, there are cliques and it is very much a high school environment due to the amount of drama, disrespect and bullying that goes on.
Pros
Owner is nice, flexible with hours
Cons
Disrespectful/Judgmental manager, and drama
expected too much from staff
Kitchen Manager/Cook (Former Employee) –  Bradford West Gwillimbury, ON4 March 2019
management didnt know how do run the place had staff in the beginning working open to close is family run some staff would be given a job and just would do that and not help others and training was not enough
Pros
free food at times
Cons
at times no one to help you
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Chilliwack, BC1 March 2019
Love the people i worked with but not much opportunity fo growth or advancement. Great enviroment and good learning experience. Good for minimum wage but not much in the way of opportunity.
Working with the highest standard and serve fast and good service each and every customer
Shift Manager/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Burger king kuwait27 February 2019
Being a shift manager in burger king here in kuwait is very gratefull even everyday so buzy and im supervising w8th 30 drivers and 16 team member ist very hard but the nice thing is we work hard to gained sales and serve fast and accurately and with smile to every customer and when they leave the store with the smile in there face
Pros
In my store you can eat what ever you want in your staffmeal
Cons
Everyday im working maximum 12 to 14 hours or more as business needs
La difficulté de garder les employés dans la restauration rapide
Chef de quart (Current Employee) –  Saint-Hubert, QC23 February 2019
Les commerces de ce genre engagent surtout des jeunes et des étudiants en prenant souvent pour acquis qu'ils accepteront toutes les conditions de travail et n'importe quel horaire puisqu'ils manquent de qualifications pour un poste mieux rémunéré. Jusqu'à un certain point, c'est un emploi convenable mais jusqu'à un certain point le salaire par rapport à la charge de travail est pas terrible...
Pros
Repas à 50% si vous travaillez, et une petite réduction (10-20%) en dehors des heures de travail
Cons
Pas de rabais employés dans les différents restaurants de la chaîne, manque d'employés et heures supplémentaires
fun place to work at
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB21 February 2019
First job and learned new things. I learned a lot of important things I never knew about. I learned a lot of customer service experience too and how to deal with customers and how to help them out so they leave in a positive vibe and will visit the location again soon.
Would not recommend.
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 February 2019
Poor management, no chances for raises. Labor laws seem to get ignored. Instead of putting on more employees for busy periods, they will let the employees work like crazy.
Pros
depending on the group you are in, they are friendly.
Cons
stressful and exhausting hours.
Productive, fun
TEAM LEADER / SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh15 February 2019
Typical days at work, full on enjoyment at work, flexible shifts and hours to work, total satisfaction , workplace culture, training and goood management
overall summary
Drive Thru Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON12 February 2019
At the location where I worked, there were definitely managers that did not have managerial skills. They had a quick tempers, and they were unorganized with their assigned duties. Managers that were assigned to close the restaurant; they would outsource their closing responsibilities to new employees that were afraid to speak up because of their new employment.
Pros
50% employee discount
Cons
managers would makes new employees do their job because they were new
this job was good
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON11 February 2019
i enjoyed working hear the food is good and the people are good to also i learned a lot about fast food working at burger king also i met lots of cool people
Meh
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Reeces Corners, ON7 February 2019
Its a job. Nothing special. Reliable hours. People there are not very nice or understanding. Very biased community. Sometimes uncomfortable work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

58.6K