Burger King

Burger King Employee Reviews

Canada1,439 reviews
Found 1,439 reviews matching the search
I found working here was stressful for me very fast paced with no breaks what so ever. Hours are all over the place and I’m don't got enough shifts to even make a decent amount I’m lucky to get 21 hrs a week normally I just get 13 hrs I’m either working 2 or 3 days a week just not gonna work for me once I have a car or if I’m living somewhere
Pros
good staff
Cons
No breaks
The boss was an amazing man. The fellow employees were all friendly and encouraging. It was more like a second family then a simple job. It was great to have the support from your colleagues and think of them in such a high regard.
Pros
Free drinks, flexible hours
Cons
unpaid online training, basically watching a ton of videos at home. my location was often understaffed and required team members to juggle multiple positions at once. managers often slack off
Pros
good hours
Cons
poor management, stressful and understaffed
Great customer service

Polite staff

Dedicated managers

Cleaning 100%

Convenient location
Waste of time. Management is rude head office is worse. No benefits at all. Demanding customers. Many shifts I worked were 9 hours and I got no break.
My job as a drivs thru order taker was very fast pace. We were only allowed to have a vehicle at our window for 2 minutes, that time includes taking the order, cashing them out, making the food and begging it to get it out the window.
Idéal comme premier emploi.
Apprend à devenir autonome et débrouillard.
A typical day at work as a cashier, packing bags and taking care of cleaning within dining areas, washrooms, and taking out the garbage. I learned new skills on the floor, the management was not my favorite per se, a little rough around the edges... Workers were not respectful or easy to be around at times, some individuals may come off a lazy, or rude. The hardest part was interacting face-to-face at the front cashier when it was busier days. My most enjoyable was the cleaning, packaging, and taking money at the drive-thru time and time. I enjoyed the hours I had but sometimes management can be unfair and shall be more discreet. Sometimes paychecks get messed up on another note.
Pros
Lunch discounts.
Cons
Disrespect
Where I worked, it's on Highway 7- Markham Road. The manager is worst and not at all friendly with employees as well as customers. He expects to work for him as his slave. When I decided to move some other location to get peace of mind from there, then manager called the other store manager to give a bad reference. I am a hard-working person, well educated and had 8 months experience but will never recommend anyone to work on Hiway 7 burger kind at Markham Road.
Pros
Sunday staff is awesome
Cons
Not at all helpful, inconvenient place, extremely rude staff
A wondering, fast pace, awesome interaction with the customers, great place for teamwork, and the environment has to be upbeat in order for the shift to be great.
Pros
Fast pace
Cons
Busy
Very loud restaurant can’t eat in cause it so loud the staff is very nice and serves you fresh food all the time the always smile at you and are always happy
Pros
Food
Cons
Loud
This restaurant has a good customer service very good food but the client always leave because of the loud people that are behind the counter cause they always argue
Pros
Good food
Cons
Very loud
If you ask them for support for your disability they a)cut all your shifts for 9 months and b)expedite a constructive dismissal process on you whereby they harass you more and force you to quit. They will not promote you for 10 years and treat you like a burden while at same time gagging you: they pick and choose disabled and play against each other
Pros
Steady work
Cons
Humiliation, Gag orders, ganging up
All the people writing about how poor the job is, obviously can't keep up with the work. It's fast-paced, and you will work hard, but when everyone does that and works as a team, you get through the day quite easily. I've seen some lazy employee's come to work, talk trash about the job, then leave work not doing their part, then come back the next day and get real salty because someone called them out about not doing their part. If you don't like working with others or being expected to do some honest (fair) work, this isn't the job for you.
Pros
Free lunch for Covid, 50% all time meals, friendly people
Cons
Sometimes you have to work with, "that guy/girl" I talked about in the review
Fast face,stressful and fun.Lots to things to learn and nice people to work with and free food.Lots of customers and good for someone who needs training.
Pros
free food
Cons
short and long hours
This employer does not care about employees, they reward the lazy and punish the good workers by forcing them to do the lazy people's job as well as their own. I tried to make life easier for the staff, as management. It made me unpopular with upper management. I don't know what else to say except, don't work here. They don't appreciate their staff and they'll use you .
Cons
Like most jobs, this one was quite stressful. However, the management was poor, the building itself was run-down, and in general, this job just isn't good long-term. It's a great place to be temporarily to gain customer service experience.
Pros
You...... at least got paid
Cons
the building, the management, the old food, the job itself, some lazy employees, poorly train you
No room for advancement, terrible incentives and benefits that didn't even properly kick in until a year when we were told 3 months, so many things wrong with this place. Needs a whole whack of new management and policies.
This is a very stressful fast-paced environment. Management has too high of expectations for drive thru times. This is not a job for you unless you are patient and can multi task.
Cons
low pay
L'environnement du travail est très amusante, les gens avec lesquelles j'ai travaillé était amusant.
Pros
breveage gratuit
Servir les clients, gérer la caisse au service au volant et à l'intérieur.