Burger King Employee Reviews

fun fast pace environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON24 May 2018
this burger king is a fun fast paced environment where you can gain valuable work experience. everyone is kind and ready to help new members of staff learn.
Interesting Experience
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Lindsay, ON23 May 2018
I worked for Burger King for 3 years, before finally having enough and quitting. The job itself is tolerable - an average kitchen job. Fairly straightforward and easy. As for co- workers and management, this place is a disaster. From having my job threatened by management for forgetting to do a simple task, to being completely disrespected and harassed by my co workers, I've seen it all. This place needs to take their employees seriously, and fight for what's right. I do not recommend working for this location if you want respect, hard working co workers, or management that gets things done.
Pros
Employee discounts, fairly flexible when it comes to hours/scheduling.
Cons
Poor management, confrontational co workers, gossip/drama, lack of professionalism.
fun work place
Maintence (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 May 2018
learned about different type products.
great place to work for.
friendly staff, lots of thing to learn, hardest part of job is the busy hours of the day
High paced
Shift Manager Nights (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB16 May 2018
I would get to work, make a bank deposit ready for pickup. review my staff schedule, take inventory, create orders for supplies, food prep, train anyone new, using the three basic methods for training. Check all food for hold times, ensure of proper food safety, checking temps, expiry dates, storage. interact with customers, take orders, cook food, prepare orders, cash out orders. Hardest part was when there would be a sudden surge of customers, due to various reasons, tour buses, events in town. I would just dig down, get ready and cheer my team on that we could do it. I was also responsible for staff maintaining restaurant cleanliness as well.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the public, Owners were hands on
Cons
Stressful at times
hard work
Team Member/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 May 2018
You have to work very hard and its backbreaking with lots of demands..very hard to get managers attention..managers tune you out you cant even tell them you have to go to the bathroom or feeling unwell..no new training cant advance..
Productive, Great workplace
Cashier/ Server (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON11 May 2018
Consisted of greeting guests,cleaning up any mess,keeping front stocked,prepared for rushes, took orders, expedited, cleaned floors, took garbage out.
Pros
Had good staff to work with.
Cons
Mhmm nothing really.
An amazing place to work
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 May 2018
A typical day of greeting and selling to customers. I have learned how to collect different methods of payments.( interac, cash) and also how to serve and treat the customers.
productive
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON9 May 2018
it was fun exciting and i met great people there and had a lot of good times with the staff. i didnt like my manager one bit we always faught cuz he told me bs
fun and simple at times
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC7 May 2018
Very nice place to work not too many issues with the staff i had very solid hours all summer. It could get a little unorganized at times, but i am thankful for the job.
Pros
breaks
Cons
very busy
It was okay
Store Front (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2018
Job was mediocre.
Too much labour
Customers are pretty rude
Management was not really helpful
Schedule conflict occurs a lot
Overall an okay experience.

Want to know more about Burger King?

Ask a question
enhance customer service skills
Cashier and Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2018
excellent customer service skills, show outstanding problem solving ability to maintain a good image when communicating with internal and external customers; to be able to work independently and exercise discretion and discretion. work very well under a team setting, and demonstrate strong leadership and also step down as a team member, relevant marketing experience.
Fast Food.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 May 2018
Assemble pre-designed burgers in a timely matter. Keep the back area clean. There's not much more to say about any fast food location. Its fast food, pretty self explanatory.
Fast Food for Beginners
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Moncton Area, NB3 May 2018
I first started working at the local BK after quitting a high school sports team, with the one condition that I find a job. Next day I brought a resume in-store, and was hired by the next weekend.

I spent almost 5 years during high school and post-secondary working part-time at BK, mostly after school and Sunday mornings, and the majority of the summer.

Do wish they allowed shorts during the hot months, but do heed their advice for slip-resistant restaurant shoes. Once I took a tumble at work while trying to close the staff door wearing converses. Save your tailbone and wear the ugly things.
Pros
50% lunch, 25% off everything else
Cons
long shifts, hot during the summer
productive great place to work
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 May 2018
I loved my time at Burger King and had no complaints with it. Managers were all easy to approach and honestly cared, Everyone got along and made it a fun place to work.
Pros
half off food and great staff
Cons
took me over a hour to get there
Merveilleux
Coordinateur de quart de travail (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2018
Equipe de travail souriant
Entre aide entre les employés
Pros
repas gratuit
Cons
Finir tard
Very fast-pasted workplace
CREW MEMBER (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 May 2018
Working at Burger King is good for a while, but it can get very repetitive, doing the exact same thing over and over again, almost every day. It's also extremely fast-pasted, 24/7.
Pros
50% off on the food there
Cons
Lack of flexibility with work schedules, night shifts
productive and enjoyable place to work.
Cashier, Drive-through, Food (Former Employee) –  Orangeville, ON1 May 2018
Burger King was filled with great employees and managers. It was a fun and efficient place to work. I learned a lot about how to deal with customers when they are not satisfied with their work and more about being polite and kind to people (customers and coworkers) because you don't know what is going on in their personal lives.
experience
Cashier,Sales Associates (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC30 April 2018
The staff at burger king was very joyful,happy.Managers were very nice and helpful.adjustable people.Working at puma store is very helpful and enjoyable.Growth was there.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
busy schedule
Basic job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rigaud, QC28 April 2018
Basic job, teaches you interact with clients who are difficult and rude while still providing them with great customer service.Slighty underpaid for the amount of work they make you do
Pros
discount
Not to bad...
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON28 April 2018
not bad as a first job! I would recommend to anyone as a short term job as long as you don't go here thinking you can advance. Meet lots of people though and build quality relationships.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

57K