Burger King Employee Reviews

Found 1,096 reviews matching the search See all 32,186 reviews
francise owner and managers are terrible
Shift Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON13 January 2019
Most managers I worked for had some kind of issue and took it out on employees

If you were harass the managers would edit security videos to save thier butt. No matter where you work if you get harass report it to the police first and keep your own records write it all dwon in a journal. employers will tell you to report to them and this allows them to make changes to video tapes before it is properly investigated.
Fun but not much of a career
worker (Former Employee) –  Enfield, NS9 January 2019
The people were always really fun to work with, not a hard job but continual changing hours and limited wages, good for college and high school students.
Staff was great
Food and Beverage Server (Former Employee) –  Wasaga Beach, ON8 January 2019
I didn't really work at Burger King for long only a couple months the staff was nice and welcoming. The job wasn't really for me though. I didn't get much shifts as it was a seasonal job.
serveur
Serveur (Former Employee) –  Воронежская область6 January 2019
une grande entreprise avec un salair haut mais qui demande boucoup d'activite et d'energie
i learned professionalism
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC1 January 2019
on work i learned how to dress up and work professionally. all members all enthusiastic and motivates others. workplace culture is also so diverse. All employees from different community works there together.
awesome
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB25 December 2018
friendly people. employees help you in whatever you have problems. the managers are very helpful and training is given prior you get in the floor. must give a try
productive and easy going workplace
Cashier and Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON21 December 2018
a typical day at work would be starting out prepping all of the vegetables that is needed on stock. cleaning all the grills and ovens.
i learned to keep up the pace with customers fluctuation. the workplace culture is mixed from young adults to adults. the hardest part of the job was washing dishes while being wet and exposed to the cold weather when another employee leaves the back door open to throw out the garbage.
Pros
flexible managers
Cons
stocking up
Lots of new things to learn
CASHIER and CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK19 December 2018
working at burger king as my first job in Canada was tough at times but the management helped me overcome my fears.

The job culture was fast paced and easily adaptable.

The management was easy going to new employees as i learned the work ethics and responsibility.
Pros
50% lunch
Cons
much stress
very fun place to work
Crew Member/ Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON18 December 2018
happy place to work at. can be difficult sometimes depends on the customer. great place to learn customer service. the hardest part of the job was when things weren't organized.
good place to work in
Team Member (Former Employee) –  London, ON17 December 2018
a good location to work in and i learnt time management and team work to make duties faster and well done.
the hardest part about the job is having to carry out too many duties when the restaurant is busy.
Pros
50% discount on food
Cons
longing hours
Not my kind of job anymore.
Crew Member/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Prescott, ON10 December 2018
I've lost all of my self esteem, but I'll miss my customers. It is not my choice of work environment anymore since I have lost all of my self esteem. The cuatomers were the most enjoyable experience of my job and I looked forward to seeing my coffee people everyday.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Lots of pressure
Same as this one
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB10 December 2018
Not a very good place to work the store manager makes your feel like your nothing and your not worth any thing . I heard she stole from the safe from there and she’s still there she another one who makes you feel like dirt on the bottom of her shoe
Pros
Poorly run
Cons
Rude
Kitchen and CASHIER
Sandwich Maker/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON7 December 2018
great place to start
perfect for high school students
a lots of fun working with all ages
gets very busy at time with very minimum staff
50% off on menu price items
a typical day at work
Crew employee (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 December 2018
mostly consisted of three or four people on shift including a manager. we are required to work as a team to ensure customer satisfaction. at the end of the night we all take separate responsibilities, to close down the restaurant and have it prepared for the next morning.
Pros
friendly employees who can relate to you
Cons
long hours, sometimes one person not putting in enough effort to get their job done.
It was fun but the pay was below average
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON5 December 2018
Working there was fun but the management was a bit too strict and not cooperative. Also, the pay was below the average pay everywhere else. Free lunched were a pro.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Bad management
Overall mediocre due to lack of staff and lack of opportunities for communication skills.
Helped train and coach new employees (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS4 December 2018
Working in the kitchen is a bit limited due to not getting to learn or hone in on social communication skills, and the lack of staff is sort of an issue.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Stressful Work Environment, Lack of Staff
fun place to work at
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2018
This is a best way to work at its my first job and I found it really fun to work at . I've been working for 3 years here at burger king and its the best way to start as a first step of your career.
Pros
You can manage your time here and I found it flexible
Cons
Not so many customers come so you can see it boring
Great workplace
CASHIER/ CREW MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 November 2018
This was a very good workplace. The management was really nice and approachable. The branch i worked at was really busy and had a lot of regulars. The workers were all very nice as well and hardworking.
Great place to work and supportive team.
BK Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON24 November 2018
Burger King may vary, The location I was a part of was great. We kept it clean, everyone did their part for the next shift. Our food was consistent and as fresh as possible.
Pros
Supportive Crew
Cons
Non negotiable
Experience
Crew Member-Closing/Overnight Shift (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 November 2018
I had a good experience in Burger King. Im thankful enough especially to the manager I worked with, she taught almost everything I need to know about the job, even the ones not part of the job just incase some emergency happens like there is few cashier came to work etc.

The only hardest part of the job would be in rush hour times and theres few employees around, its hard at first but once you get a hang of it work is managegable.

The most enjoyable part of it would be they thanked you for the service especially the one you perfectly made a good burgers for them.
Pros
employee food is half priced
Cons
very few employees especially for evening shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burger King. Our community is ready to answer.

58.3K