Bureau Veritas
Happiness score is 51 out of 100
View all Bureau Veritas reviews

Bureau Veritas

Bureau Veritas Employee Review

Great starting place for students!

I did a brief work term here, and it helped me gain some experience for future jobs, but it consists of heavy workload each week, especially for one specific company where the samples are given last minute. My co-workers in my lab were sweet people, and we had a great time together. It was the only thing I enjoyed from the experience. However, it is a good first working experience before you head out further.

Pros

Free lunch by management occassionally

Cons

Long Hours, Heavy workload

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same role

Career advancement takes years at best. Lots of politics and nepotism, if you’re not from the same culture as everyone else you don’t advance

People from the same culture are favored and hired more than anything else. They will speak their language over English everywhere, leaving you feeling alienated and like they are talking about you. Advancement in your job can take years for anything to happen, if it ever does happen. A position has to open up for you to advance, whether you’ve been there 5 years or 1 it doesn’t matter. Severely underpaid and highly over worked.

Pros

Good first time job

Cons

Horrible pay, they expect a lot out of you, little to no room for advancement, you get paid literally just above minimum wage to work like crazy
Same roleSame location

Prepare to have promises broken

The workload is insane at all times. They constantly take on jobs despite the fact that the staff is overworked. This leads to insane amounts of required overtime, even though they promise to rotate people on and off of overtime. Prepare for any promises made to you to be broken at all times, with no hope of things changing or getting higher pay. The pay is not high enough to properly live in Vancouver
Same location

Useless union and poor management/team leads

Good starting point but often times takes a while to learn new skills due to constant work overload and being understaffed so training is rushed and getting exposed to new areas can take really long time. Management trying to keep status quo just to finish all samples on time instead of working on solving the issues. Frequent overtime with inadequate pay for costs of life in Metro Vancouver area lead to high turnover rate. Everyone is actively looking for other jobs and only stay until they can find something more suitable. Lazy people stay because they like safety of the unionized environment without being forced to do much.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bureau Veritas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare Bureau Veritas with

• Bureau Veritas
  • Great starting place for students!