Bureau Veritas

Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

You start your day by taking the reports from previous shift and try to continue with doing a maintenance (based on the instruments situation and work load), then preparing the reports for the analyzed samples and sending them to the signers after checking all instrumental and environmental controls./and finally try to restart the instruments for the new samples.
Pros
Learning a lot while doing your tasks
Cons
Low salary and stressful condition for rush samples
The lab itself is like working in a factory. Long working hours, restricted break times. The management is not very helpful. They don't have mid night shift. Asked employees to work from 3 pm till 3 am. Training is thorough and have to lift so many heavy things. It is good place to start but not to stay more than a year. A year too will be very tiring,no personal life and monotonous.
Pros
The lab is not in a remote place
Cons
Long tedious working hours
I've been working there 18 months. Fortunately, they make me permanent full-time after 3 months internships. After the first year, my hourly salary is raise by 2% from $16 to $16.3. Pros: there are many benefits (fitness centre, online shopping discount, including Apple, for example). Job is very easy and repetitive. Strong safety culture as reflected by weekly safety meetings with supervisor and monthly once-a-month safety meetings with manager. Cons Poor management, Task is boring and repetitive. No career development and orientation. Pay cheap. Exploit EmployeesGreat place to start career but not to stay.
Pros
benefits, Job is very easy and repetitive, Strong safety culture, Used to have free lunch once in a month
Cons
This company is great when you finish school as they give the chance to graduate! It is a very productive place, the workload keeps you busy. Management is excellente. Workplace is nice. Shifts can be on rotation. Flexibility is a must as overtime is required weekly. Great place to learn to work in under pressure and fast pace!
Pros
Communicative Management, Social events organized regularly (breakfast, bagels, bbq, Christmas, etc), clean workplace, advancement possible, overtime paid
Cons
Overtime
This company is only good for beginners. Doesn’t pay enough to survive in future. The growth options are really less. If you are injured at work, they hesitate to fill injury form.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
Good for learning and getting the hands on training. Many students and co ops get their training here. One can either choose food or chemistry department
Management is so so, collaborative environment. Sometimes stressful but manageable. Benefits are not bad. There might be opportunities for growth. Salary increase is OK but could be better.
MANAGERS don't appreciate/reward staff who is hard-working and dedicated, instead they lure carping employees who keep complaining and avoid their work. SENIOR STAFF doesn't want to train new-comers, for the reason that even they were not trained by their seniors. Poor Lineage. Lacks Emotional Intelligence. SALARY is too low as compared to their daily workload.
Pretty repetitive, can get boring some times. Need to follow safety procedures and you're good. Chain of management is pretty simple. Occasionally have events.
It’s ok to work here and gain experience and move to a better company. Management is not efficient and they are not fair with ethnic people. No job guarantee and not a career making company
While populated with a few people who are wonderful to deal with, they do not interact with lower staff in any meaningful way. I was promoted all the way up to a manager at a remote location with no training. Recognition is fickle and personality based instead of your accomplishments. They always find excuses to not award bonuses, even if all of the criteria is met.
Bad working environment.Its completely with narrow minded people.most of them work there just because they find no other options especially senior staff..... they can't raise there voice because they know for a fact management will not change. Management with no leadership skills. Better place to start with.... in career and to get experience. Junior staff are students.... long hours.... low quality work environment. They need work to be done... they don't care about employees... it is just business.... there core VALUES are nothing
It been pleasure working with Bureau Veritas, previously called maxxam. I learned so many things, good experience working with so many humble and experience persons.
Maxxam Analytic's (Bureau Veritas) modus operandi is to hire a horde of contractors in the spring and fire them in November. There is no security or advancement. The pay is an insult: $15 per hour. The management gaslights the workers, and fires warning shots by dismissing people they think are underperforming. Make sure you look for another job if you jave the misfortune of working there.
Unpaid work, no real work is done, only they give the task of weighing samples where no basic field education is required and anyone can do. Only got experience to write in resume as Canadian experience.
Cons
No pay
Maxxam was a great learning ground for my career and I learned a lot and had growth and development along side good people within the organization. I have also helped in the growth of other co-workers along the way.
Very negative environment, gas lighting and back stabbing. Unionized company, I hate unions so left once my contract expired. Rarely got full breaks.
Throughout my time with BV as a recent graduate there was opportunity to grow and learn but the fast pace and high throughput of the lab can often delay training. Plans to be trained in different analyses were often postponed and ultimately I feel I was underpaid given the duties I carried out and what I contributed come the end of my contract. However, I really liked my co-workers and did come away from the job with a lot more knowledge and experience. The company seems reluctant to commit to/support staff on a work permit so personally I would describe it as a useful stepping stone as opposed to a company to stay long term and build a career.
prep day make sure samples are there sticker samples, crush seive qc samples, on slow day clean up area, make boxes, prep core in the driers, do more work for what you actually paid for. no advancement.
stressful workplace especially during summer. I haven't recieved any good training from supervisors and they were all busy with their work. they expect you alot although they don't train well. maybe just couple of hours of training from supervisors and the rest you have to learn while working. everyday overtime and also working during weekends. outdated equipments. not good to work there more than 3 months.
They had a great cafeteria to relax in on breaks as well as some outdoor picnic benches for the employees to sit on during nice weather. They usually have fun events like bagel day or celebrations of holidays however the events vary by department.
  1. Employee reviews