Bureau Veritas

Bureau Veritas Employee Reviews

Canada41 reviews
Was okay, not the best not the worst
Pretty repetitive, can get boring some times. Need to follow safety procedures and you're good. Chain of management is pretty simple. Occasionally have events.
Biased Management. Low Wage. Immature Senior Staff
MANAGERS don't appreciate/reward staff who is hard-working and dedicated, instead they lure carping employees who keep complaining and avoid their work. SENIOR STAFF doesn't want to train new-comers, for the reason that even they were not trained by their seniors. Poor Lineage. Lacks Emotional Intelligence.
SALARY is too low as compared to their daily workload.
Puppy mill of the chemistry world
While populated with a few people who are wonderful to deal with, they do not interact with lower staff in any meaningful way. I was promoted all the way up to a manager at a remote location with no training. Recognition is fickle and personality based instead of your accomplishments. They always find excuses to not award bonuses, even if all of the criteria is met.
Management is worse.
Bad working environment.Its completely with narrow minded people.most of them work there just because they find no other options especially senior staff..... they can't raise there voice because they know for a fact management will not change. Management with no leadership skills. Better place to start with.... in career and to get experience.
Junior staff are students.... long hours.... low quality work environment.

They need work to be done... they don't care about employees... it is just business.... there core VALUES are nothing
very good
It been pleasure working with Bureau Veritas, previously called maxxam. I learned so many things, good experience working with so many humble and experience persons.
Okay for first job or to gain new skills
Very negative environment, gas lighting and back stabbing. Unionized company, I hate unions so left once my contract expired. Rarely got full breaks.
Opportunities to gain valuable experience but often slower than initially planned.
Throughout my time with BV as a recent graduate there was opportunity to grow and learn but the fast pace and high throughput of the lab can often delay training. Plans to be trained in different analyses were often postponed and ultimately I feel I was underpaid given the duties I carried out and what I contributed come the end of my contract. However, I really liked my co-workers and did come away from the job with a lot more knowledge and experience. The company seems reluctant to commit to/support staff on a work permit so personally I would describe it as a useful stepping stone as opposed to a company to stay long term and build a career.
productive
prep day make sure samples are there sticker samples, crush seive qc samples, on slow day clean up area, make boxes, prep core in the driers, do more work for what you actually paid for. no advancement.
poor management and stressful environment
stressful workplace especially during summer. I haven't recieved any good training from supervisors and they were all busy with their work. they expect you alot although they don't train well. maybe just couple of hours of training from supervisors and the rest you have to learn while working. everyday overtime and also working during weekends. outdated equipments. not good to work there more than 3 months.
Productive and smoothly running workplace.
They had a great cafeteria to relax in on breaks as well as some outdoor picnic benches for the employees to sit on during nice weather. They usually have fun events like bagel day or celebrations of holidays however the events vary by department.
Environnement de travail agréable.
Bureau Veritas Commodities Canada Ltd est une grande entreprise trés accueillante.
Fast - paced and fun atmosphere
Good run. Learned a lot and I hope taught a lot of staff members a lot. I gained a lot of experience in dealing with staff, coaching and mentoring in my role. Also in the beginning I was learning a lot in the laboratory as well with my team members.
good
confidential confidential I don't like the way to collect the confidential info through this way, not at all.If I don't want to share the info, it could not be
Recommended
Exciting place to work in. Lots of smart people to learn from, interesting approach to satisfy employees. Recommended for those who just started career in lab
Bad HR so-called management, no coordonation & communication
Bad HR so-called management, no coordonation & communication.

There are None.....of such Perks offered at this 'lowly' company

I DON'T feel NOTHING about this no good and company. Waste of time!!!
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Be careful in that place. Stay until other opps. come to you.
A good place to start out working. People are very helpful. Lots of learning opportunities. People are friendly. If you need time off management is willing to work with you.
Very Friendly and employee oriented
I loved working there even as a contractor they treated really well with lot of respect and knowledge oriented. I learnt a lot and customer dealing was efficiently dealt and handled effectively.
Worst work environment
Worst management, culture and will make you do labour work in your initial few years. No recognization of hard work. The pay extremely poor and there are negligible increments
Good place to work if you're at the top
My overall experience was good, and I learned a ton. The company morale was lacking though and not much was done about it. Having said this, I enjoyed the flexibility I was offered and I was never micro managed. I had great bosses, so no complaints there.
Good workplace for beginner

support from seniors

overtime available

sometime stressful
Awesome people
Even I'm still new here but everyone is friendly and they do their best to help you whatever the issue or you have.
They hire students to improve themselves.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bureau Veritas. Our community is ready to answer.