Bureau Veritas
Happiness score is 50 out of 100

Working at Bureau Veritas: Latest Bureau Veritas Reviews

Canada284 reviews

Found 284 reviews matching the searchSee all 2,399 reviews

Great starting place for students!

I did a brief work term here, and it helped me gain some experience for future jobs, but it consists of heavy workload each week, especially for one specific company where the samples are given last minute. My co-workers in my lab were sweet people, and we had a great time together. It was the only thing I enjoyed from the experience. However, it is a good first working experience before you head out further.

Pros

Free lunch by management occassionally

Cons

Long Hours, Heavy workload

No Reason to stay

New employees are compensated better and given the same amount of vacation that employees working there for 7 or more years have. They give minimal raises if you even get one (we are talking cents). They act like they care but they don’t. Cheap company and cheap management. Your loyalty as an employee means nothing and that is reflected in the wages. Common gripes in the offices among workers are always about the wages and managements hypocrisy.

Pros

Decent benefits

Cons

Wages

Insights into Bureau Veritas

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues

Good place to learn more but pay less

Its a good place to work if you are starting your career. Nice and friendly environment. Co-workers and supervisors are very co-operative. Best place to learn more.

Just don't apply

I hated every second there. The management is horrible and will push to do overtime every single day and on weekends. Job security, forget about it.Salary, they will low ball you to the max.

Dont work here. Unless for experience

They will ask you to do 2 hours overtime a day and ask for permission before you leave + coming in every second week. Overworked and underpaid. The management team is not organized so the lab is usually understaffed. Work here to get experience, thats the only upside.

Nul

vous allez perdre votre temps et votre argent si vous travaillez chez Bureau Veritas

A good place to gain experience

Worked here as a summer student. My schedule consisted of 10 hour shifts, 4 days a week but it depends on what area of the lab you are working in. Some weekends and overtime required. Company is very safety oriented which is a plus.

Fun place

A place where you can work at peace. Management is very helpful and understanding. They appreciate everything you do and they help you everytime you need help

Horrible management

Managers are rude Do not care for their employees.When you hear this company's name, run the opposite direction. They do not hear you, do not accommodate you and make you feel inadequate always.

Good Place

Good Place to work at. Very fast paced. Low pay thou, not much room for advancement. High Turn-over but they try. Rotational shifts and nightly shifts.

Prepare to have promises broken

The workload is insane at all times. They constantly take on jobs despite the fact that the staff is overworked. This leads to insane amounts of required overtime, even though they promise to rotate people on and off of overtime. Prepare for any promises made to you to be broken at all times, with no hope of things changing or getting higher pay. The pay is not high enough to properly live in Vancouver

friendly and cooperative

Overwhelming at beginning but, while working in lab along with using share-points & sharing and asking your colleagues, you become efficient- believe me.

Pros

yes, free lunches every Thursday ...feels like having birthday party celebrating every week

Much work, low pay

Workload was insane across the board for all employees. Lots of mandatory overtime. Pay was close to minimum wage when I started. The lab received hundreds and sometimes thousands of samples every day and the sample management clerk's role was to scan samples into storage bins and then put the bins on a shelf inside a giant walk-in refrigerator. Additionally, the lab would send requests to do analysis on samples and the clerk would have to locate the required samples in the walk-in fridge. Often, there would be so many requests that you couldn't keep up with the incoming samples, which made it even harder if you received a request for a sample that had not been scanned/archived yet. We were expected to do 1-2 hours of overtime every day, plus a half-day every second weekend. Often, you would have to help facilities/maintenance staff with tasks well outside of your job description.

Pros

Physical job with lots of lifting and walking around - good for getting in shape

Cons

Long hours, low pay. Expectation to perform many tasks outside of primary job role.

Terrible work environment and poor pay

Only work here if you have no other option and you’re desperate. Worked here for 2 years and dreaded work everyday. Coworkers are okay but some can be unpleasant. Management and supervisors were terrible and didn’t know how to do their job and would degrade employees regularly. Mostly older-aged immigrants and new college/SAIT grads working here.

Pros

Free coffee

Cons

Terrible managers/supervisors Bad pay No job security

Lab technician Too much work in less pay

Not a good place to work too much work load on one person .pay is minimum and they want you to work in the speed of machine. No support from manger or supervisor. They just want people who work like machines

Pros

Cons

Need to do overtime every day Minimum pay

Awful job! Pays nothing and over works you. Worst place I have ever worked.

As mentioned in the summary it is the worst company I have ever worked for. They treat you like garbage. You are overworked and underpaid. I have worked there for over 2 years and can think of 10 stress leaves myself included that I know of employees taking because of the awful working conditions. Management is useless they just sweep everything under the rug and do not address any real issues. There idea of improvement is handing out old stale cookies from 2 months prior they had made for a event. Literally the worst.

Pros

I guess employment

Cons

Grueling work suitable for inexperienced graduates

Expect a lot of work. Many groups run very lean and any hiccups lead to massive backlogs of work. Instrumentation is ancient and the company is too cheap to replace anything.Vacation and total compensation is inadequate, many analysts have master's degrees despite doing repetitive, simple analyses.

Pros

Relatively simple work technically, great coworkers, lots of different areas of work, good for initial experience.

Cons

Long hours, high stress, low pay, low vacation time, little flexibility to take time off, ineffective union, senior management is completely focused on profit.

They do not care about you. night shift. your life and healthy condition will be so terrible. I got injured

they do not care about you. night shift. your life and healthy will be so terrible.bad management. You have to do whatever your TL ask you to do. Even you may get hurt.No life work balace.

Pros

Cons

Long hours, night shift

Good place to earn experience

Good place to earn some experience, great co - workers. Job is not challenging, only took me about a week to get used to everything. Salary is kind of low, but great benefits.

Great supervisor and people but frequent overtime.

You will learn basic lab techniques quickly and the supervisor was very supportive and helpful. Unfortunately, the salary was not enough to live in Vancouver, but longer you work here, higher the chance you can work at government laboratories or clinics. Quite a few who worked here got into medical laboratory school.

Pros

nice people and supportive supervisor

Cons

A lot of overtime

Workers are paid minimum wage but expected to work maximum at a fast-pace just to make profits for the company without any profit sharing.

The pay is barely above minimum and increment with promotion is a joke. People are expected to work long hours standing throughout the shift and expected to work at a fast pace. There is not much to learn besides basic Good Laboratory Practice.

Pros

Just starting experience

Cons

Long hours, pay is a joke, bad management, toxic environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bureau Veritas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement