Burberry

Burberry Management reviews

Canada24 reviews

Clear

Great atmosphere

I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Burberry. The staff were fantastic and the clientele were loyal and great. My issue was the length of time hiring, growing and receiving commission took. In the end I worked for several months with no commission even though I was promised growth with my contract. it got stressful as I put the same work in as everyone but received less pay.

Pros

great management, friendly staff

Cons

poor work from head office.

Poor Management

Would not recommend anyone working there. Too much stress for a part-time job with no growth or future. Turnover rate was very high and management needed improvement. Very unprofessional work environment.

Do not work here, people are disposable

One of the least professional work environments for a luxury brand. Management does not support the team. Management plays favorites. Uniforms are terrible and very strict. You're expected to sell to high end clients while looking like garbage. Can't even red nail polish. Long hours with no recognition.

Great Brand

Great brand and has met one of very senior management staff from states and I was lucky being mentored by him. but the local management team does not catch up on a good standards.

Worst management

You would think that working luxury retail it would be fun - nope, not at this location anyways. Management played favourites, lots of backstabbing and people waiting to hurt you one way or another.

Cons

Great benefits

Reviews for my present job Burberry

I have acquired extensive business understanding about global management. I am currently the Sales Associate/ women’s wear specialist at Burberry Group Plc. with the highest sales record in the region. From my professional experience with Burberry given me the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge on global customer needs and trends, and develop leadership skills. Likewise, I have successfully leveraged technology to integrate company strategy to daily operations. For instance, I face different challenges every day, from issues concerning brand equity, to matters regarding to inventory management. I have successfully overcome with all the challenges posed to me.

Poor Management

Fun work place, team work oriented, but with no management support, too much politics, incompetence of the floor supervisor - no skills, all she does is saying hello and pack bags. Bias view of the general manager, no support, one-sided, doesn't care about the team, only cares about the numbers

Pros

fun co workers

Cons

poor management

More than just a Sales Associate

A typical day at work includes going into work and changing into your uniform. Burberry has a grooming standard and it is imperative to maintain that standard for the culture of the company. After receiving a touch base, I go and get my iPad and check my emails. After checking my emails I go through my clients list and send emails. These emails can be about new product, an event or just following up on a recent purchase they made. It is important to service clients beyond their entry and exit in the store. Through out the day, I will engage customers and educate them on the product. Engaging the customer includes discovering what they are missing and what need. If I am not engaging customers, I am being educating on the brand and product knowledge. I have learned that customer service is imperative for the survival of a business. Treating your employees with respect will create synergy and a more organic team. I have also learned in order to become better in something you must always find ways to educate yourself. In addition in order to become a better tea you must always educate each other. An employee must welcome learning as tool not a correction. The most important thing in management at Burberry was the constant communication. Through email, or Burberry World, management and the employees had at the ability to constantly communicate to each other. Every month management will sit and discuss your sales and other features of your job. They give an objective rating and set goals for you. This allows growth within the individual and allows the employee and management -

Pros

Full benefits, provided uniform, easy full-time hours, free dry cleaning and commission

Cons

Inconsistant hours. For example working 1-10 and then working 8-5 the next day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burberry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3Job security/advancement