Burberry

Burberry Culture reviews

Canada24 reviews

Clear

Meh

I thought this job was ok. I liked how much responsibility the sales staff had and the high expectations. This is not a place for you if you don’t like meeting KPIs and lofty targets. I wanted a job with more critical thinking.

great place

unfortunately they closed due to renovations but i learned so much and loved the environment and customers. would love to go back if they re opened but great job

Pros

easy to get to

Très bon travail

Bon environnement , travail d'équipe et compagnie avec de belle valeurs.

Pros

salaire

Cons

longue journée

Great Brand

Great brand and has met one of very senior management staff from states and I was lucky being mentored by him. but the local management team does not catch up on a good standards.

Positive working environment

They really make you feel like you matter and not just a number. The pay could be better but the benefits are outstanding. The employee recognition program is really well executed. The problem is there isn't much advancement opportunities.

Pros

Benefits and work culture

Cons

Pay

Worst management

You would think that working luxury retail it would be fun - nope, not at this location anyways. Management played favourites, lots of backstabbing and people waiting to hurt you one way or another.

Cons

Great benefits

Poor Management

Fun work place, team work oriented, but with no management support, too much politics, incompetence of the floor supervisor - no skills, all she does is saying hello and pack bags. Bias view of the general manager, no support, one-sided, doesn't care about the team, only cares about the numbers

Pros

fun co workers

Cons

poor management

More than just a Sales Associate

A typical day at work includes going into work and changing into your uniform. Burberry has a grooming standard and it is imperative to maintain that standard for the culture of the company. After receiving a touch base, I go and get my iPad and check my emails. After checking my emails I go through my clients list and send emails. These emails can be about new product, an event or just following up on a recent purchase they made. It is important to service clients beyond their entry and exit in the store. Through out the day, I will engage customers and educate them on the product. Engaging the customer includes discovering what they are missing and what need. If I am not engaging customers, I am being educating on the brand and product knowledge. I have learned that customer service is imperative for the survival of a business. Treating your employees with respect will create synergy and a more organic team. I have also learned in order to become better in something you must always find ways to educate yourself. In addition in order to become a better tea you must always educate each other. An employee must welcome learning as tool not a correction. The most important thing in management at Burberry was the constant communication. Through email, or Burberry World, management and the employees had at the ability to constantly communicate to each other. Every month management will sit and discuss your sales and other features of your job. They give an objective rating and set goals for you. This allows growth within the individual and allows the employee and management -

Pros

Full benefits, provided uniform, easy full-time hours, free dry cleaning and commission

Cons

Inconsistant hours. For example working 1-10 and then working 8-5 the next day

Burberry summary

1very nice people/organized team 2enjoyed training and customer communication 3interpersonal skills developed 4 cool people to deal with 5 fairly compensatoin

Pros

people

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Burberry. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Burberry with