Burberry

Burberry Employee Reviews

I thought this job was ok. I liked how much responsibility the sales staff had and the high expectations. This is not a place for you if you don’t like meeting KPIs and lofty targets. I wanted a job with more critical thinking.
I joined Burberry in Halton Hills. I enjoyed my work and specially their training system for the cashier is great. Most of the staff were very good. Crazy people are everywhere with racist bugs inside their heads. So there were few in Burberry. The GM was a great person. Physical work was too much and I felt that we needed more people there. I miss Burberry :(
Pros
A respectable place to work
Cons
Too much physical stress
unfortunately they closed due to renovations but i learned so much and loved the environment and customers. would love to go back if they re opened but great job
Pros
easy to get to
Cons
I worked at Burberry for just over 2 months in operations. It was great in the beginning as it is fairly relaxed, however, its relaxation can quickly become mundane if you're not careful.
I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Burberry. The staff were fantastic and the clientele were loyal and great. My issue was the length of time hiring, growing and receiving commission took. In the end I worked for several months with no commission even though I was promised growth with my contract. it got stressful as I put the same work in as everyone but received less pay.
Pros
great management, friendly staff
Cons
poor work from head office.
Would not recommend anyone working there. Too much stress for a part-time job with no growth or future. Turnover rate was very high and management needed improvement. Very unprofessional work environment.
able to balance life and work. Lots of paid days off with great benefits package, however, the hourly pay is lower than average in the industry. Cooperate is very well managed but the store might be different base on the location.
Bon environnement , travail d'équipe et compagnie avec de belle valeurs.
Pros
salaire
Cons
longue journée
One of the least professional work environments for a luxury brand. Management does not support the team. Management plays favorites. Uniforms are terrible and very strict. You're expected to sell to high end clients while looking like garbage. Can't even red nail polish. Long hours with no recognition.
Cons
Great brand and has met one of very senior management staff from states and I was lucky being mentored by him. but the local management team does not catch up on a good standards.
Burberry knows their vision and where they would like to grow in terms of luxury fashion. A very digital company with a futuristic state of mind on what's to come. A brand that cares for its employees.
Good experience in Luxury retail, helping you to know how to speak to clients and engage them in the product. The commission is also really good so its a well paying job.
They really make you feel like you matter and not just a number. The pay could be better but the benefits are outstanding. The employee recognition program is really well executed. The problem is there isn't much advancement opportunities.
Pros
Benefits and work culture
Cons
Pay
shift was always too early, the staff aren't friendly the managers had a VERY bad attitude the products were nice and the prices were okay. the breaks were too short
You would think that working luxury retail it would be fun - nope, not at this location anyways. Management played favourites, lots of backstabbing and people waiting to hurt you one way or another.
Cons
Great benefits
Pros Insurance for employee is good. Sick days and vacations are also nice. Company provides all uniforms, shirts, ties, and dry clearance service. Cons You have your weekly goals, monthly goals and it will be post every week, you will see your rank every day. The commission and the rank together makes conflict of the relationship of employees a bit intense sometime.
I have acquired extensive business understanding about global management. I am currently the Sales Associate/ women’s wear specialist at Burberry Group Plc. with the highest sales record in the region. From my professional experience with Burberry given me the opportunity to gain in-depth knowledge on global customer needs and trends, and develop leadership skills. Likewise, I have successfully leveraged technology to integrate company strategy to daily operations. For instance, I face different challenges every day, from issues concerning brand equity, to matters regarding to inventory management. I have successfully overcome with all the challenges posed to me.
Overall Burberry is a pretty great place to work. I just wanted something more for myself. Something that will push me more and allow me to overcome obstacles.
Burberry is newer to the Makeup scene than most cosmetics companies, and I was taken aback at how beautiful the products were! I loved the staff, and I loved coming in to work everyday to share my talents with the beautiful products!
Pros
Makeup Kit for my personal gigs
Cons
The richmond location was slower than Nordstrom
Fun work place, team work oriented, but with no management support, too much politics, incompetence of the floor supervisor - no skills, all she does is saying hello and pack bags. Bias view of the general manager, no support, one-sided, doesn't care about the team, only cares about the numbers
Pros
fun co workers
Cons
poor management
A typical day at work includes going into work and changing into your uniform. Burberry has a grooming standard and it is imperative to maintain that standard for the culture of the company. After receiving a touch base, I go and get my iPad and check my emails. After checking my emails I go through my clients list and send emails. These emails can be about new product, an event or just following up on a recent purchase they made. It is important to service clients beyond their entry and exit in the store. Through out the day, I will engage customers and educate them on the product. Engaging the customer includes discovering what they are missing and what need. If I am not engaging customers, I am being educating on the brand and product knowledge. I have learned that customer service is imperative for the survival of a business. Treating your employees with respect will create synergy and a more organic team. I have also learned in order to become better in something you must always find ways to educate yourself. In addition in order to become a better tea you must always educate each other. An employee must welcome learning as tool not a correction. The most important thing in management at Burberry was the constant communication. Through email, or Burberry World, management and the employees had at the ability to constantly communicate to each other. Every month management will sit and discuss your sales and other features of your job. They give an objective rating and set goals for you. This allows growth within the individual and allows the employee and management - more...
Pros
Full benefits, provided uniform, easy full-time hours, free dry cleaning and commission
Cons
Inconsistant hours. For example working 1-10 and then working 8-5 the next day
  1. Employee reviews