Bunzl Employee Review

Bunzl-Monmouth, NJ
Warehouse Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Monmouth Jct, NJ2 July 2014
A typical day at Bunzl was anything but typical. Days for a Supervisor lasted as long as 18 hours a day with no extra compensation. I was hospitalized twice during a three week period and missed work due to poor working conditions and Management. I was put on a 12 hour a day restriction the first time and a 10 hour restriction the second time to recover and regulate my Diabetes. After my restrictions ended, I returned to work full duty only to be relieved of my position. Comp time was promised and accrued and then taken away. Management had a strong arm hold on Supervisors and held your job over your head daily.You were constantly threatened no matter how well you did. All Shipments were made nightly usually extending into a 12-15 hour day. There were no minimum selecting requirements in a Union environment. Management held the Unions wishes and regards over what seemed to be the companies and Supervisors well being.Expectations of the Supervisors were to write 10 Daily Employee Reviews and find the faults of employees. This was done by all 4 Supervisors with no discipline to follow regardless of what was written.Despite my experience with the Management at Bunzl I would return to work for the company at a different facility if offered. I don't hold Bunzl responsible for the lack of respect, caring, or training of the Management in Monmouth Jct, as they are probably not aware of the issues that get buried there. Management does a great job at hiding things
Bunzl is a great company and as stocks and profits show, doing very well. The Monmouth Jct. facility needed to make great
  more... progress in its Management team and its progress of working with its Supervisors.  less
Pros
Great company

Other Bunzl Employee Reviews

Absolutely the worst place I've worked
az route delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON18 March 2018
Where to start! The wet sock of a SO CALLED manager at the Burlington location is by far the worst human I've had the displeasure of meeting! They constantly push you to work over legal hours by having you log into system as "unknown driver". The handbombing at times is ridiculous! Stops are regularly out of sequence. You're FORCED to come in yearly for an idiotic day of inventory with the wet sock morons from the front office. If there were an option for negative stars, this craphole most certainly qualifies. Overall this place has ZERO respect for truck drivers. STAY AWAY!
Pros
Absolutely none!
Cons
Everything about this place
Typical Day.
Order Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 March 2018
A typical day at work went by slowly. We would work for about 13-15 hours. This would normally be considered a good day by many but not so much so when you are family oriented.
Pros
Hours guaranteed.
Cons
Extremely long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bunzl. Our community is ready to answer.