Bunzl Canada Inc

Bunzl Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
laid back and easy work
fast paced but easy work
laid back environment

little to no room for advancement

early starts on days

late nights on nights

some flexibility with schedule

same responsibilities day in and day out
Horrid place to work for
worst place i ever worked at.. all the care about is numbers etc.. don't even give a chance to get used to it.. system to perform as a new person is flawed.. you have no time to breathe or drink water
I reccomend bunzl canada
We are a merge of a few companies under big bunzl canada umbrella.
It’s good to feel that we have a parent company taking care of employees.

I am happy to work here.
Vague, unprofessional
Poor training, poor support and unreasonable expectations. The director was rude, unprofessional and truth be told his behaviour bordered on harassment.
Manque d'organisation et de support
L'entreprise manque d'organisation, communication et support aux employés. Les gens sont laissés à eux-mêmes. Faible service pour la clientèle.
Good money bad job
Bad management

Good pay

Shift never know when it ends

Dental good benefit

No chance of growing

Always new people

Propale don’t last
les employees for work load
amazing company with lots of opportunity but they never have a complete team for the amount of work load forcing the worker to work over 16 hours a day to cover the team shortage
Very bad and the worst company have never worked in
Very very bad management and Not Honest. They treat employees as numbers. Stay away from this company. It's not worth giving them your time. The mangement breaks people and really not HONEST AND VERY BAD.
Cons
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bunzl Canada Inc?
N'allez pas travailler la
Oui,sa paye bien mais ils abuse avec les heures non seulement il vont te faire travailler plus de 12h meme si quand j'ai passer l'entrevue on m'a dit que j'allai travailler 40h semaine mais en plus il vont meme pas te payer l'overtime qu'ils vont t'obliger a faire j'ai quitter parce il m'ont fait travailler 14h deux jours de suite ils ont aucun respect pour leur employer et les norme du travail il s'en fou de toi il veulent juste de l'argent ils ont aucun probleme a te faire travailler 80h semaine
Pros
co-workers
Cons
tout le reste
Draining
The hours are long the money is good
But high turnover rates causes it to be a draining job after a few months your enthusiasm will die from promises of more co workers but nobody stays - plus the machines are in horrible shape .
Terrible job
The night shift is a lie
12 hour shifts

Sometimes you dont get your 10 hour break

No team work your pulling your own weight

Management is all lies

To get that holiday off your working double

Last longest employee was a month

Expect to get treated like a dog

1 hour cleanup is not neccessary

Night supervisor does not help all he does is sit behind the desk and have 15 smoke breaks a shift.
Pros
Co workers
Working with bunzl
Opportunity to grow and meet lots of new people. Long hours lots of overtime.

Travel 1000+ km a week, home daily. Early starts and some late finishes.

Busy during the school year summers slow down.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Low pay
Deceitful in their hiring practices
Hired on , told 10-11 hour days, that was a lie, hired to work in the city, that was a lie, they're NOT honest and upfront about the job descriptions. As one person ALREADY reviewed, they only care about the orders going out the door. Unreasonable expectations in the drivers. Most of the drivers there are not happy, and they were demoralized, they guilt YOU when you have cant meet their needs.
Pros
Not mamy
Cons
Longer hours, no family work balance.
Can be intimidating at first
I got hired to work at a Westclean store sometime around October as an Order Picker. I never had Order Picker experience, so this job was going to look good on my resume. I was also expected to get forklift training on location as well. The manager trained me extensively on how to properly locate items in the warehouse and took VERY GOOD care of sanitation and cleanliness. Ive always hated warehouse positions where people cant be bothered to clean up a busy place.

There was never any official schedule. However, my manager and I concluded that I would have my own set time in and time out. That time never changed. The people who I worked with - my manager included - always talked as if they were very very very close. It was kinda like stumbling into a fraternity dorm mid-party. Even more-so since every few days someone would buy Tim Horton's for literally the entire building. Office parties were DEFINITELY a plus. We even had a new computer system installed, and over the weekend we had Chinese food and even some pizza. Ive never worked a job where people have done something even remotely similar.

The hardest part of the job was getting over the fear of heights. These order pickers go 15 feet into the air. Some of the things you're taking down and stacking onto the back of the picker aren't always as manageable as you'd like. Paper towel rolls for example come in huge packages, and some locations like universities ALWAYS want loads of them. This leads to an absurd amount of stacking - higher than you'd probably like to stack. There's also the odd order which will leave you
 - more...
Pros
Donuts, Coffee, Food, Friendly people
Cons
Heights, stacking issues, never did get my forklift training, too friendly means people dont always do their job
Team Environment
Great place to work. Close knit team environment. Opportunities for advancement. Great benefit package.

Manager genuinely cares, will pick orders and receive. GM very visible and interacts with the warehouse staff.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Hours
You dont want to work here
First of all management sugar coat everything they will say anything just to get you work for them.. They dont respect your time so they expect you to do 12 hours a day 5 days a week and still pick 50 lines an hour.. If you ask if you can go home early because your tired or you got something to do in the morning the manager will just make you feel guilty and give you the talk! And if decided to call in the next day they will call you and try to force you to come to work and threaten your job if not.. And one more thing there is no certified first aid in the shift even the supervisor are not trained so if you fall from 30 feet hight platform they cant do nothing. There is no work life balance here all they care is about their orders going out the door. They struggle to hire people because people always quit on their first day. Please save yourself sometime and not work here and make your life miserable..
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Management dont care about you
productive, good workplace and employees
Bunzl is a great company to work, so far I've been with the company for 4 months. Always enjoy the work and the people that I work with closely. Thank you for taking the time to go through my review today.Thanks
Pros
longer breaks
Excellent
An excellent place to work. You can learn many new things in a short amount of time. There is room to grow, and the merger with BUNZL opens up even more possibilities
bonne équipe
c'est un travail physique, mais bonne équipe de travail.
Very Productive team of associates
Loved working closely with both the sales team and Management. Great work place. Management had clear open door policy. Very diverse work schedule. Had regular seminars from Vendors and sales people educating us on the benefits of new product lineups.
Pros
Great work associates
Cons
Location of business
Learned many things while with Bunzl
Great opportunity to work independently and take on many new tasks in order to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of current policies and procedures.
Pros
Health benefits package
Cons
Poor leadship