Bunzl Canada Inc Employee Reviews

Deceitful in their hiring practices
AZ driver (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON12 February 2019
Hired on , told 10-11 hour days, that was a lie, hired to work in the city, that was a lie, they're NOT honest and upfront about the job descriptions. As one person ALREADY reviewed, they only care about the orders going out the door. Unreasonable expectations in the drivers. Most of the drivers there are not happy, and they were demoralized, they guilt YOU when you have cant meet their needs.
Pros
Not mamy
Cons
Longer hours, no family work balance.
Can be intimidating at first
Order Picker/Forklift Operator & Shipper/Reciever (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2019
I got hired to work at a Westclean store sometime around October as an Order Picker. I never had Order Picker experience, so this job was going to look good on my resume. I was also expected to get forklift training on location as well. The manager trained me extensively on how to properly locate items in the warehouse and took VERY GOOD care of sanitation and cleanliness. Ive always hated warehouse positions where people cant be bothered to clean up a busy place.

There was never any official schedule. However, my manager and I concluded that I would have my own set time in and time out. That time never changed. The people who I worked with - my manager included - always talked as if they were very very very close. It was kinda like stumbling into a fraternity dorm mid-party. Even more-so since every few days someone would buy Tim Horton's for literally the entire building. Office parties were DEFINITELY a plus. We even had a new computer system installed, and over the weekend we had Chinese food and even some pizza. Ive never worked a job where people have done something even remotely similar.

The hardest part of the job was getting over the fear of heights. These order pickers go 15 feet into the air. Some of the things you're taking down and stacking onto the back of the picker aren't always as manageable as you'd like. Paper towel rolls for example come in huge packages, and some locations like universities ALWAYS want loads of them. This leads to an absurd amount of stacking - higher than you'd probably like to stack. There's also the odd order which will leave you
  more... needing to improvise. I could probably remake the amount of money I had made working at this position if I had 5 dollars every time I had to take an empty box to put loose order items in so that I could properly stack the pallet.  less
Pros
Donuts, Coffee, Food, Friendly people
Cons
Heights, stacking issues, never did get my forklift training, too friendly means people dont always do their job
Team Environment
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC11 July 2018
Great place to work. Close knit team environment. Opportunities for advancement. Great benefit package.

Manager genuinely cares, will pick orders and receive. GM very visible and interacts with the warehouse staff.
Pros
Team environment
Cons
Hours
You dont want to work here
Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC9 July 2018
First of all management sugar coat everything they will say anything just to get you work for them.. They dont respect your time so they expect you to do 12 hours a day 5 days a week and still pick 50 lines an hour.. If you ask if you can go home early because your tired or you got something to do in the morning the manager will just make you feel guilty and give you the talk! And if decided to call in the next day they will call you and try to force you to come to work and threaten your job if not.. And one more thing there is no certified first aid in the shift even the supervisor are not trained so if you fall from 30 feet hight platform they cant do nothing. There is no work life balance here all they care is about their orders going out the door. They struggle to hire people because people always quit on their first day. Please save yourself sometime and not work here and make your life miserable..
Pros
Unlimited overtime
Cons
Management dont care about you
productive, good workplace and employees
Picker Operator (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 June 2018
Bunzl is a great company to work, so far I've been with the company for 4 months. Always enjoy the work and the people that I work with closely. Thank you for taking the time to go through my review today.Thanks
Pros
longer breaks
bonne équipe
Commis d'entrepôt (Current Employee) –  Quebec23 March 2018
c'est un travail physique, mais bonne équipe de travail.
Very Productive team of associates
Purchasing Agent (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC18 January 2018
Loved working closely with both the sales team and Management. Great work place. Management had clear open door policy. Very diverse work schedule. Had regular seminars from Vendors and sales people educating us on the benefits of new product lineups.
Pros
Great work associates
Cons
Location of business
Learned many things while with Bunzl
Customer Service and Sales coordinator (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON26 April 2017
Great opportunity to work independently and take on many new tasks in order to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of current policies and procedures.
Pros
Health benefits package
Cons
Poor leadship