Bunge

Bunge Management reviews

Canada32 reviews
This is a company that invest and empower employees. Management are very professional and bring the best on you. Great work environment because there is a hight awareness of safety.
Pros
Benefits, safety, empowerment and opportunities to grow
Cons
It's not easy to be transferred from one plant to other. You might wait for more than 2 years.
At least the lube up your Bunge Hole with canola before they screw you over. Management constantly puts you in dangerous situations and there are constant fires in the workplace
Great company to learn about industrial agribusiness and many other skills which are transferable across many fields. Primarily worked as a Production Supervisor and can honestly say I learned a great deal about time management, teamwork and motivating others. Pay and Benefits are great and workplace felt safe.
I started my career with Bunge as a Quality Assurance Technologist and moved to Research and Development after one year. I worked as a Research Scientist for seven years. I learned a lot related to Food Science, Food Technology and Food manufacturing during this time. I was lucky to have very knowledgeable senior Scientists in my R&D group to guide and educate me when I joined the Bunge research department. Bunge provided me the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Bunge has an excellent workplace culture and taught me the value of team work. Bunge encouraged me to push my limits to achieve my goals. During my time with Bunge I have initiated several research projects and executed them successfully. When I moved into a corporate role as an Operations Chemist I learned the management skills and also explore myself into new operational challenges. Bunge has a very strong safety culture and always work hard to put safety first before profit. I enjoyed everyday working at Bunge during my time and I will say overall it is a very good company to work, learn and grow personally and professionally.
A bit crazy with safety but it shows we are doing something right. Over 7 years no lost time accidents. Wages are great. Union is UFCW local 175. Management is good
Pros
Wages
Cons
I do not feel comfortable writing a review. The rating of the company above should be adequate for work environment conditions. And I am concerned this info will become public
Monkeys can lead the maintenance better than the idiots doing it now. It's ok to learn if your a new millwright the environment is terrible dead rats everywhere you will work in areas with dead rats lying there and you are required to carry heavy tool bags up numerous stairs and ladders unsafe completely .
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything toxic place to work
great place to work, culture was great and people always smiles. Fund account are balance. accounts not balance. management was great.greag taking on new customer accounts
Next to no business process at this location. Everyone just does whatever suits them and passes along whatever they don't want to do expecting others to do the work.

Workers were all good, friendly and try their best but training is inconsistent and incomplete due to staff turnover, lack of resources and focus.

Safety is two-tiered from production to maintenance. This was supposedly being addressed when I left.

Next to no recognition for good work. They only complained about what could be done better or how they think it should have been done.

Management just focuses on numbers and not specific challenges at each location for funding.

Pay/Benefits was ok but not worth the headaches

Company has been saying they are expanding this location for years and have done very little.
Pros
Ok pay/benefits, good experiance
Cons
No support, lack of leadership
Bunge is moving in right direction regarding benefits, industry-standard pay and Paid Time Off policies.

However, some of these policies exist on paper but not in reality, including work from home, condensed work week, etc. If you take advantage of these, you will be looked down on by other managers, employees.

Still a bit of an "Old Boys Club" mentality to management. This includes the appearance of staying at the office late to impress management, whether you're working or not, they seem to like this. As opposed to those who do their work and head home at end of day.

Overall, a good place to work, decent culture and some good people. Not a lot of opportunities within Canada, seem to be centralizing operations more and more in St Louis.
Was a good company for a number of years.
Fellow operator were the best of any place where I worked.

I enjoyed my job until there was a change in management.
Bunge is a great place to start an operating career because of its tendency to have the process and equipment break down. This will sharpen an operators troubleshooting skills and composure under pressure. Ultimately, though, the aging facility, inconsistent supervisory demands and a lack of support for workers and worker comradery from management becomes too frustrating to endure.
Pros
great learning facility
Cons
everything else
Review daily performance, talk to subordinates and colleagues, review plants and schedules, answer and ask questions, often travel to the facilities, provide management by objective. Learned to be practical and specific. Hardest part of the job - sustain improvement. Most enjoyable part - work with motivates people.
Bunge is a good place to work with good benefits. Sometimes management and workers clash on idea,s but all in all it is a good place to work.
We take readings, computer control processes, trouble shoot plant problems, and fix what we can.

The most enjoyable part of the job is to figure out problems and get the plant to run better.The hardest part of the job is the long hours 12 hr shifts and the shift work.
Pros
Safety Lunches
Cons
Long hours & shift work
Entreprise en développement continuelle.

Entrées de données, vérification des données ,

vérification auprès des clients.

Bonne ambiance de travail, assez calme.

Gens à l'écoute de nos besoins.
Pros
Bon salaire et avantages sociaux.
Cons
Beaucoup de changement administratif
Good place to get experience.
Co-workers are good at what they do.

Management needs to work on boosting moral.
Smaller Plant no room for advancement.
Pros
close to home
Cons
no advancement room