Bunge

Bunge Employee Reviews

Canada32 reviews
This is a company that invest and empower employees. Management are very professional and bring the best on you. Great work environment because there is a hight awareness of safety.
Pros
Benefits, safety, empowerment and opportunities to grow
Cons
It's not easy to be transferred from one plant to other. You might wait for more than 2 years.
The people are amazing and the company takes very good care of their employees. They treated me (a coop student) as if I was a regular full time employee.
At least the lube up your Bunge Hole with canola before they screw you over. Management constantly puts you in dangerous situations and there are constant fires in the workplace
Great company to learn about industrial agribusiness and many other skills which are transferable across many fields. Primarily worked as a Production Supervisor and can honestly say I learned a great deal about time management, teamwork and motivating others. Pay and Benefits are great and workplace felt safe.
Wonderful people all around, learned a lot. Introduced to plant processes, working with contractors, and given autonomy to work on my own things at my own pace to meet deadlines.
This was a good career option for my family. They provided advanced and career training.

I was able to travel all over North America and obtain a large array of new experience and skills.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Long work hours
Bunge is a nice company with family like aspects in regards to the site culture.
The work schedule can be a bit hectic depending on location . however overtime compensation is available
The benefits are especially good with Bunge. The Company is really large - larger than you would expect. It is a great way to find out how a really large Company should communicate as an organization. It is extremely efficient.
Pros
as above
Cons
training could be better
Reports into the U.S. Did not understand Canada. No understanding of requirements.
Old Boys Club.

Lack of support for employees that are not within their scope of vision.

Do not understand USD to CDN exchange. When Canadian salaries appear too high, they cut jobs.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Lack of feedback and support
Did a two week shutdown and was welcomed by all employees and learned lots from employees. great place to work and with excellent wages. would recommend to anyone applying at this company.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Far from Home
I started my career with Bunge as a Quality Assurance Technologist and moved to Research and Development after one year. I worked as a Research Scientist for seven years. I learned a lot related to Food Science, Food Technology and Food manufacturing during this time. I was lucky to have very knowledgeable senior Scientists in my R&D group to guide and educate me when I joined the Bunge research department. Bunge provided me the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Bunge has an excellent workplace culture and taught me the value of team work. Bunge encouraged me to push my limits to achieve my goals. During my time with Bunge I have initiated several research projects and executed them successfully. When I moved into a corporate role as an Operations Chemist I learned the management skills and also explore myself into new operational challenges. Bunge has a very strong safety culture and always work hard to put safety first before profit. I enjoyed everyday working at Bunge during my time and I will say overall it is a very good company to work, learn and grow personally and professionally.
A bit crazy with safety but it shows we are doing something right. Over 7 years no lost time accidents. Wages are great. Union is UFCW local 175. Management is good
Pros
Wages
Cons
I do not feel comfortable writing a review. The rating of the company above should be adequate for work environment conditions. And I am concerned this info will become public
Productive workplace with a great atmosphere. The pay and benefits are really good for those interested in working on a production line. Has both day and afternoon shifts which are usually 8 hours unless overtime is needed. Overall an enjoyable workplace with great people.
Pros
Pay, benefits, flexibility, many free lunches, gifts.
Cons
Communication
Monkeys can lead the maintenance better than the idiots doing it now. It's ok to learn if your a new millwright the environment is terrible dead rats everywhere you will work in areas with dead rats lying there and you are required to carry heavy tool bags up numerous stairs and ladders unsafe completely .
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything toxic place to work
The new safety manager who was promoted from bleaching supervisor needs more training. If you are going to be in the safety field you shouldn't do it for the money. This should be a labour of love...
Served as the liaison between the customer, logistics, credit, and the commercial trading group within the business unit. Customer service focused on responding to customer inquiries in a timely, efficient, and proactive manner, using each customer contact as an opportunity to display excellent customer service

the best part is the people I work with.
Pros
Fun co workers and great pay
Cons
streeful at times
great place to work, culture was great and people always smiles. Fund account are balance. accounts not balance. management was great.greag taking on new customer accounts
My position at Bunge was as a student Lab Technician for a 16 month co-op position through the chemical technology program at NAIT. It provided me with hands on skills and additional information to complete my final year of school. The work experience I gained there was very valuable to help me understand concepts in my final year of school. The skills will also translate into future jobs.
Company does not have proper leadership, training and support for it's locations. Needs a stronger safety culture as well.
Next to no business process at this location. Everyone just does whatever suits them and passes along whatever they don't want to do expecting others to do the work.

Workers were all good, friendly and try their best but training is inconsistent and incomplete due to staff turnover, lack of resources and focus.

Safety is two-tiered from production to maintenance. This was supposedly being addressed when I left.

Next to no recognition for good work. They only complained about what could be done better or how they think it should have been done.

Management just focuses on numbers and not specific challenges at each location for funding.

Pay/Benefits was ok but not worth the headaches

Company has been saying they are expanding this location for years and have done very little.
Pros
Ok pay/benefits, good experiance
Cons
No support, lack of leadership