Bunge Employee Reviews

Overall Bunge is an excellent company to work for.
Operations Chemist (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON28 February 2018
I started my career with Bunge as a Quality Assurance Technologist and moved to Research and Development after one year. I worked as a Research Scientist for seven years. I learned a lot related to Food Science, Food Technology and Food manufacturing during this time. I was lucky to have very knowledgeable senior Scientists in my R&D group to guide and educate me when I joined the Bunge research department. Bunge provided me the opportunity to grow personally and professionally. Bunge has an excellent workplace culture and taught me the value of team work. Bunge encouraged me to push my limits to achieve my goals. During my time with Bunge I have initiated several research projects and executed them successfully. When I moved into a corporate role as an Operations Chemist I learned the management skills and also explore myself into new operational challenges. Bunge has a very strong safety culture and always work hard to put safety first before profit. I enjoyed everyday working at Bunge during my time and I will say overall it is a very good company to work, learn and grow personally and professionally.
Best job I’ve ever had
Full time employment (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON28 January 2018
A bit crazy with safety but it shows we are doing something right. Over 7 years no lost time accidents. Wages are great. Union is UFCW local 175. Management is good
Pros
Wages
Cons
Lacks any kind of leadership
Millwright (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2017
Monkeys can lead the maintenance better than the idiots doing it now. It's ok to learn if your a new millwright the environment is terrible dead rats everywhere you will work in areas with dead rats lying there and you are required to carry heavy tool bags up numerous stairs and ladders unsafe completely .
Pros
Non
Cons
Everything toxic place to work
Safety manager
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON9 August 2017
The new safety manager who was promoted from bleaching supervisor needs more training. If you are going to be in the safety field you shouldn't do it for the money. This should be a labour of love...
Extremely informative and hands on learning experience
Student Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB21 February 2017
My position at Bunge was as a student Lab Technician for a 16 month co-op position through the chemical technology program at NAIT. It provided me with hands on skills and additional information to complete my final year of school. The work experience I gained there was very valuable to help me understand concepts in my final year of school. The skills will also translate into future jobs.
Needs work
Employee (Former Employee) –  Canada21 September 2016
Company does not have proper leadership, training and support for it's locations. Needs a stronger safety culture as well.
Toxic enviroment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB20 June 2016
Next to no business process at this location. Everyone just does whatever suits them and passes along whatever they don't want to do expecting others to do the work.

Workers were all good, friendly and try their best but training is inconsistent and incomplete due to staff turnover, lack of resources and focus.

Safety is two-tiered from production to maintenance. This was supposedly being addressed when I left.

Next to no recognition for good work. They only complained about what could be done better or how they think it should have been done.

Management just focuses on numbers and not specific challenges at each location for funding.

Pay/Benefits was ok but not worth the headaches

Company has been saying they are expanding this location for years and have done very little.
Pros
Ok pay/benefits, good experiance
Cons
No support, lack of leadership
Decent salary and benefits, PTO policy. Still some old school management
Supply Chain Analyst (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 June 2016
Bunge is moving in right direction regarding benefits, industry-standard pay and Paid Time Off policies.

However, some of these policies exist on paper but not in reality, including work from home, condensed work week, etc. If you take advantage of these, you will be looked down on by other managers, employees.

Still a bit of an "Old Boys Club" mentality to management. This includes the appearance of staying at the office late to impress management, whether you're working or not, they seem to like this. As opposed to those who do their work and head home at end of day.

Overall, a good place to work, decent culture and some good people. Not a lot of opportunities within Canada, seem to be centralizing operations more and more in St Louis.
Environnement de travail bien
Commise administrative (Former Employee) –  Saint-Hyacinthe16 September 2013
Entreprise en développement continuelle.

Entrées de données, vérification des données ,
vérification auprès des clients.

Bonne ambiance de travail, assez calme.

Gens à l'écoute de nos besoins.
Pros
Bon salaire et avantages sociaux.
Cons
Beaucoup de changement administratif
Good and Relaxed environment in small town without any disturbances
Chief Power Engineer (Current Employee) –  Altona MB2 November 2012
Competitive Salary. Focused more on safety, growth, improvement. Relaxed and no pressure environment. New and big plant is coming up in fall 2013. Company promotes all sorts of activities and games.
Pros
extra lunches, get together functions, listening to everybody opinions
excellent pay
Control room operator (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON17 October 2012
I did not enjoy working at this company because my co-workers are hard to get along with,Non co-operative and very unprofessional.I did however enjoy the bosses who were very understanding and bent over to ensure needs were met.
Productive place to work
Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Fort Saskatchewan, AB22 May 2012
Lots of problem solving!! Lots of learning! Long Hours! Company is an exellent company to work for! The most enjoyable part of the job is to figure out problems.
Pros
good company benifits