Bulldog Energy Group logo
Bulldog Energy Group

Bulldog Energy Group Employee Reviews

A good place to work but they didn’t have enough work on their rig hoe side

The pay was decent. The manager was very accommodating if you needed a few extra days off. Want lists were never an issue and there was always a mechanic available if needed

Pros

Main office was close to my home

Cons

Not enough steady work

Great Place to Work

Company Is Great -Need more hours, No Prob -Need less hours, No Prob -Need an advance, No Prob Very accommodating! Pay is above average. Equipment is well maintained.

Pros

Hours

Very busy company

Have been working with the Bulldog family for over 10 years and they have always kept me employed even through the slow turn-downs. Bulldog seems to always be aggressively searching out new customers keeping everyone working. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Pros

Competitive Wages & Job Security

Cons

Oilfield

Most Flexable Schedule I could Ask for

I have a family on the East Coast and I want to be around for my kids special events, they let me change my rotation and go home to my family when ever I need. You pick your own rotation, as a family company they do not believe in forcing a rotation on you. Added bonus is the company pays for full benefits, I have a family of 5 and that's a load of my wallet. Typical oil patch life and stuff that surround it. Just don't take your problems to the field and affect your work and your golden. There is always plenty of work and the company is willing to work with you. They helped me get my Class 1, 3 other places I worked for refused to help me out. Bulldog is my extended family

Pros

Flexable rotations

Cons

Who likes the Mud

Enjoyable place to work

Enjoyed my time with this company. Variety of work and challenges. Diverse group of employees and equipment to work with and build experiences and skills.

Overall Great Place to Work

Good money, great people to work with. Flexible job locations, fairly new equipment, quick to repair units if needed. Large company with mom and pop mentality. Made the change last year, glad I did.

Pros

Money, Equipment, Training

Great people to work with and always positive energy. Also everyone seemed to be trained to put safety first and ots always nice to see people neing c

Well if it wasn't for the lack of work or shall I say road bands then I would definitely still be working there. I definitely recommend this company for vac drivers and swampers as well and the salary is pretty competitive Over all I enjoyed my time with this company and hope to work for them in the near future.

Pros

Competitive rates

Cons

Road bands affect the company drastically

avoid this place

management will run you to you drop then ask for more also they will lie so they look good would never send anybody there for work, make one mistake and your gone with no reason unless your willing to work 24hr a day will not train you or at least show you how things work

Pros

Cons

long hours little pay and no appreciation

Loved it and still miss it

I worked there for a year, took my two weeks off and got laid off to lack of work. Loved the job. Loved the life. Never had a driver I didn't like. Never did a job I didn't enjoy. I still have all my ticket's and never failed a drug test, bit for whatever reason they wolnt bring me back.....

Pros

Co workers, jobs, pay, manvill

Cons

Not working there. Theu hate wjen you yake time off even after woking 4 months straigh.

Its all about the job

You know when you don't matter as an employee when the company is ok with running you until you crack then fire you. This was my experience and also the experience of a few others I. When I approach the dispatcher because I was not fit for duty I was ignored and sent to work anyway. I was bunched with my swamper. While he was sawing logs I was tossing and turning getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep per shift. I managed almost a month of this while making requests for different sleeping arrangements. I exercised my right to refuse safe work and ended up loosing my job. This company is good for a short time but not the long haul.

Pros

Nice new Hydrovac Unit

Cons

Living out of town without L.O.A., Receiving no pay while out of town unless you produced an invoice. That means rain days are on you., Expected to lie on log books or go home permanently.

great

good place to work any time off you need good benifits and good pay would still work there if work didnt get slow this year work is all over ab and sask lots of time away from home in the bush or on pipelines camp gets to be a pain in eventully

Pros

pay

Cons

breakup

Vacuum Truck

I liked working with Bulldog, but I came home to get married and they called and said they needed me right away. I couldn't go back I wasn't even married at that time. I asked for two weeks off well in advance. When I couldn't go back early, they told me they had no work then.

Pros

Rotation

Cons

No work when I got married

Fun workplace, family orientated

Amazing place to work, never had a problem with anyone, very family orientated, will teach if you are willing to learn, always willing to negotiate position and salary

Productive and fun workplace to be

my day starts of by going on the site that I have been assigned to and do the work that is required. I learned that everyday is something new on the worksite. My co-workers are very helpful, respectful. The hardest part of my job is getting things accomplished in a certain amount of time.

Pros

Opporunity to move up in the ladder, and learn new things

Avoid at all cost

I am not an upset former employee or anything like that. Truth be told I spent two years with Bulldog and moved up to the position of Field Supervisor. My issues with Bulldog are more along the treatment of their employees. Lack of communication, very little respect, their way or the high way, they will lie to you to suit their needs. The list can go on. As I said I worked inside and observed all of this.....hence the reason I am no longer with them. Do yourself a favor look else where....there are much better options.

Pros

Drive to the airport...if you can get one

Cons

don't expect much of a day rate.