Bulldog Energy Group logo
Bulldog Energy Group

Bulldog Energy Group Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

good crew

good crews, mostly willing to work together. varied customer base, some easy t work for, some real buggers. work has been spotty lately. most of the work is not near my home so crew change is a 7 hour event each way.

Pros

lots of equipment

Cons

equipment not new

Good

Good place to work . Very flexible hours. Bosses are reasonable. Good mechanical support. Not working there now but I would go back. Made some good friends there

Job

Have great bosses I get along with...in my experience, wen der wuz some difficulty or problems arose...my bosses wer a great source...I would just have to fone dem & dey would give me da best route solve any problem.

Excellent employer, with good pay and benefit progr

Most jobs are 12 hr shifts days or nights whichever you prefer. Management is very accommodating as far ad personal life goes, very family orientated. I came to Bulldog with no oil field or truck driving experience, they were very willing to train new employees. They exemplify a company with a very positive workplace culture and are a equal opportunity employer. The hardest part of the job is working in all kinds of weather conditions, however it's left to the employee's disgression to decide if it's reasonable to refuse to work due to conditions. The best part of the job is the ability to take time off as needed, no questions asked.

Pros

Ability to take time off at anytime with giving reasonable notificstion

Cons

Being away from family

Good Operational Management

I have not worked at Bulldog for awhile but the operational managers like Darrel, Rich, and Kris were great to work for. The companies fortune is tied to the oil and gas sector and this has its ups and downs. Like a lot of service companies it has its good and bad, but for the most part was a pretty good company to work for. Be prepared to work some long shifts and doing some pretty demanding physical labor.

Pros

Free lodging if you are further away from home.

Cons

Oil and gas sector is pretty unforgiving.

Do not work here!

Do not work here, work anywhere else....they treat employees like there garbage. Trucks and trailers are hurting real bad. Beds in trailers are all stained and they won't change them. There are better companies out there that treat there employees good and pay much better.

Pros

Going home

Cons

Too many to list

Very busy company

Have been working with the Bulldog family for over 10 years and they have always kept me employed even through the slow turn-downs. Bulldog seems to always be aggressively searching out new customers keeping everyone working. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Pros

Competitive Wages & Job Security

Cons

Oilfield

Most Flexable Schedule I could Ask for

I have a family on the East Coast and I want to be around for my kids special events, they let me change my rotation and go home to my family when ever I need. You pick your own rotation, as a family company they do not believe in forcing a rotation on you. Added bonus is the company pays for full benefits, I have a family of 5 and that's a load of my wallet. Typical oil patch life and stuff that surround it. Just don't take your problems to the field and affect your work and your golden. There is always plenty of work and the company is willing to work with you. They helped me get my Class 1, 3 other places I worked for refused to help me out. Bulldog is my extended family

Pros

Flexable rotations

Cons

Who likes the Mud

Overall Great Place to Work

Good money, great people to work with. Flexible job locations, fairly new equipment, quick to repair units if needed. Large company with mom and pop mentality. Made the change last year, glad I did.

Pros

Money, Equipment, Training

Vacuum Truck

I liked working with Bulldog, but I came home to get married and they called and said they needed me right away. I couldn't go back I wasn't even married at that time. I asked for two weeks off well in advance. When I couldn't go back early, they told me they had no work then.

Pros

Rotation

Cons

No work when I got married

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bulldog Energy Group?

Productive and fun workplace to be

my day starts of by going on the site that I have been assigned to and do the work that is required. I learned that everyday is something new on the worksite. My co-workers are very helpful, respectful. The hardest part of my job is getting things accomplished in a certain amount of time.

Pros

Opporunity to move up in the ladder, and learn new things

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bulldog Energy Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement