Bulldog Energy Group logo
Bulldog Energy Group

Bulldog Energy Group Employee Reviews in Nisku, AB

A good place to work but they didn’t have enough work on their rig hoe side

The pay was decent. The manager was very accommodating if you needed a few extra days off. Want lists were never an issue and there was always a mechanic available if needed

Pros

Main office was close to my home

Cons

Not enough steady work

Good company to work for, Excellent group of Mechanics in the shop.

Knowledgeable Mechanics in the Shop, Clean work environment, Solid work hours, and overtime opportunity's throughout the winter. Good Foreman and maintenance manager who are fair.

Last of the true Vac & Water companies

I have seen many Vac & Water companies come and go over the past few years through the oil price downturn, Bulldog has managed to keep their heads afloat through it all and gain more market share while maintaining & exceeding industry standards for maintenance and safety. If you want to work for a great company & great people, apply today!

Good

Good place to work . Very flexible hours. Bosses are reasonable. Good mechanical support. Not working there now but I would go back. Made some good friends there

It’s great for the most part

Competitive wages everything about the company is great, just the job site at times is hectic, you live at work and visit home during rig season. Its also nice to get paid on a weekly basis.

Great management, employees and machinery is well maintained

Over the 5 drilling seasons I spent with bulldog I saw big improvements in their maintenance program. They treat their employees very well and will go out of their way to help their people out in any way.

Great Place to Work

Company Is Great -Need more hours, No Prob -Need less hours, No Prob -Need an advance, No Prob Very accommodating! Pay is above average. Equipment is well maintained.

Pros

Hours

Very busy company

Have been working with the Bulldog family for over 10 years and they have always kept me employed even through the slow turn-downs. Bulldog seems to always be aggressively searching out new customers keeping everyone working. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!

Pros

Competitive Wages & Job Security

Cons

Oilfield

avoid this place

management will run you to you drop then ask for more also they will lie so they look good would never send anybody there for work, make one mistake and your gone with no reason unless your willing to work 24hr a day will not train you or at least show you how things work

Pros

Cons

long hours little pay and no appreciation

Its all about the job

You know when you don't matter as an employee when the company is ok with running you until you crack then fire you. This was my experience and also the experience of a few others I. When I approach the dispatcher because I was not fit for duty I was ignored and sent to work anyway. I was bunched with my swamper. While he was sawing logs I was tossing and turning getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep per shift. I managed almost a month of this while making requests for different sleeping arrangements. I exercised my right to refuse safe work and ended up loosing my job. This company is good for a short time but not the long haul.

Pros

Nice new Hydrovac Unit

Cons

Living out of town without L.O.A., Receiving no pay while out of town unless you produced an invoice. That means rain days are on you., Expected to lie on log books or go home permanently.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Bulldog Energy Group?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bulldog Energy Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement