Bulldog Energy Group logo
Bulldog Energy Group

Bulldog Energy Group Employee Reviews in Mannville, AB

Not bad, needs some culture change.

More local people, less eastern guys with all the work. Would be nice to support local more, there are talented guys in our province? Less favouritism from management and more about the work and less about the friendship!

good crew

good crews, mostly willing to work together. varied customer base, some easy t work for, some real buggers. work has been spotty lately. most of the work is not near my home so crew change is a 7 hour event each way.

Pros

lots of equipment

Cons

equipment not new

Job

Have great bosses I get along with...in my experience, wen der wuz some difficulty or problems arose...my bosses wer a great source...I would just have to fone dem & dey would give me da best route solve any problem.

Excellent employer, with good pay and benefit progr

Most jobs are 12 hr shifts days or nights whichever you prefer. Management is very accommodating as far ad personal life goes, very family orientated. I came to Bulldog with no oil field or truck driving experience, they were very willing to train new employees. They exemplify a company with a very positive workplace culture and are a equal opportunity employer. The hardest part of the job is working in all kinds of weather conditions, however it's left to the employee's disgression to decide if it's reasonable to refuse to work due to conditions. The best part of the job is the ability to take time off as needed, no questions asked.

Pros

Ability to take time off at anytime with giving reasonable notificstion

Cons

Being away from family

Very slow and rude management

Horrible work place threatened with termination for getting someone to be a man watch while I entered the debris tank on a straight vac paid 1 time in the 2 months I been there charged 3 TIMES for work gear

Cons

Away from home lazy unprofessional crew crew doing drugs on site

Good Operational Management

I have not worked at Bulldog for awhile but the operational managers like Darrel, Rich, and Kris were great to work for. The companies fortune is tied to the oil and gas sector and this has its ups and downs. Like a lot of service companies it has its good and bad, but for the most part was a pretty good company to work for. Be prepared to work some long shifts and doing some pretty demanding physical labor.

Pros

Free lodging if you are further away from home.

Cons

Oil and gas sector is pretty unforgiving.

managment that plays favors and does not respect you one bit

They will tell you one thing and do another. They do not follow hours of operation laws and will work you for 36 hours straight if you allow it. No assigned trucks, so you're constantly dealing with broken equipment. I worked here for 4 years and seen so many people come and go.

Pros

Cons

get paid for 10 hour days, yet you work alot more

Overall Great Place to Work

Good money, great people to work with. Flexible job locations, fairly new equipment, quick to repair units if needed. Large company with mom and pop mentality. Made the change last year, glad I did.

Pros

Money, Equipment, Training

great

good place to work any time off you need good benifits and good pay would still work there if work didnt get slow this year work is all over ab and sask lots of time away from home in the bush or on pipelines camp gets to be a pain in eventully

Pros

pay

Cons

breakup

Fun workplace, family orientated

Amazing place to work, never had a problem with anyone, very family orientated, will teach if you are willing to learn, always willing to negotiate position and salary

Productive and fun workplace to be

my day starts of by going on the site that I have been assigned to and do the work that is required. I learned that everyday is something new on the worksite. My co-workers are very helpful, respectful. The hardest part of my job is getting things accomplished in a certain amount of time.

Pros

Opporunity to move up in the ladder, and learn new things

Avoid at all cost

I am not an upset former employee or anything like that. Truth be told I spent two years with Bulldog and moved up to the position of Field Supervisor. My issues with Bulldog are more along the treatment of their employees. Lack of communication, very little respect, their way or the high way, they will lie to you to suit their needs. The list can go on. As I said I worked inside and observed all of this.....hence the reason I am no longer with them. Do yourself a favor look else where....there are much better options.

Pros

Drive to the airport...if you can get one

Cons

don't expect much of a day rate.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bulldog Energy Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1Job security/advancement