Bulldog Energy Group

Bulldog Energy Group Employee Reviews

Canada38 reviews

Long hours, away from home.

You never know where your going until the last minute, sometimes had to wait for days. If you had a camp it was better because you didn't have to cook and add that time to your 12 hour day. Met workers that had to help because they weren't ready or trained enough on their unit to do the job properly. This line of work is not for a family man.

Pros

Good if you have a camp job.

Cons

Long hours, dirty and cold.

needs improvement

I spent a lot of my time and theirs getting certified to do the job required of me. Right from the day I started there I was did not receive the the training I was promised, then a few days into the new job I was told I had to remove myself from the worksite as there was one course not completed by me. The way I see it that was up to the staff involved in sending me off to camp and jobsite, after a couple weeks of courses I didn't know what was what anymore, sad that I quit after all the time and money spent on courses, it didn't have to go that way, I liked most people there hope they get it together in that office, as it didn't give me a lot of confidence to move forward in my career at Bulldog.

Pros

camp life, company truck to camp

Cons

lack of training and promises to fix problems

Insights into Bulldog Energy Group

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Good Teammates, Starts with Dispatch!

Great atmosphere, flexible work schedules so you have time for your personal life! Lots of hours if your willing to travel for different projects, relatively able to work where you feel comfortable and confidence to fit in. Office personnel easy to approach for questions you may have regarding the work schedule and project in general. Mechanics are always on top of any repairs needed or requests you may have for the equipment, strong positive atmosphere with other drivers that have experience to share ideas or questions you may have about the type of work!

Pros

Positive Team Atmosphere

Cons

Pay was Weekly, Switched to Bi-Weekly!

A good place to work but they didn’t have enough work on their rig hoe side

The pay was decent. The manager was very accommodating if you needed a few extra days off. Want lists were never an issue and there was always a mechanic available if needed

Pros

Main office was close to my home

Cons

Not enough steady work

Not bad, needs some culture change.

More local people, less eastern guys with all the work. Would be nice to support local more, there are talented guys in our province? Less favouritism from management and more about the work and less about the friendship!

Allows you to work as much as you want

Great for people that are ambitious and can work independantly. Also you wont mind being away from home for a couple weeks at a time. The company will fly you in to Edmonton and transport you to the main facility and you will be dispatched to a job site from there.

Pros

Work as much as you like too

Cons

Away from home a lot

Good company to work for, Excellent group of Mechanics in the shop.

Knowledgeable Mechanics in the Shop, Clean work environment, Solid work hours, and overtime opportunity's throughout the winter. Good Foreman and maintenance manager who are fair.

good crew

good crews, mostly willing to work together. varied customer base, some easy t work for, some real buggers. work has been spotty lately. most of the work is not near my home so crew change is a 7 hour event each way.

Pros

lots of equipment

Cons

equipment not new

Last of the true Vac & Water companies

I have seen many Vac & Water companies come and go over the past few years through the oil price downturn, Bulldog has managed to keep their heads afloat through it all and gain more market share while maintaining & exceeding industry standards for maintenance and safety. If you want to work for a great company & great people, apply today!

Good

Good place to work . Very flexible hours. Bosses are reasonable. Good mechanical support. Not working there now but I would go back. Made some good friends there

Worst company ever

This company does nothing but lie to you. There is no shift. The work you till you drop. Dispatch lies to you no stop tells you what you wanna hear to get you to do what ever they want. They have no real safety. They will hid and blame you for everything. There is no advancement in this company and costantly tell you to lie on your log books and run over houred

It’s great for the most part

Competitive wages everything about the company is great, just the job site at times is hectic, you live at work and visit home during rig season. Its also nice to get paid on a weekly basis.

Not a bad place to work

Be honest and straight forward when asking and answering all your /there questions and like every job you can work to obtain more experience and knowledge to have an opportunity for advancement

Pros

Some of the people

Cons

Some of the people

Job

Have great bosses I get along with...in my experience, wen der wuz some difficulty or problems arose...my bosses wer a great source...I would just have to fone dem & dey would give me da best route solve any problem.

Great management, employees and machinery is well maintained

Over the 5 drilling seasons I spent with bulldog I saw big improvements in their maintenance program. They treat their employees very well and will go out of their way to help their people out in any way.

Good place to work if you're willing to learn. Dispatch did their best to accommodate the workers. Nice trucks and good equipment. Would recommend and would work there again.

Excellent employer, with good pay and benefit progr

Most jobs are 12 hr shifts days or nights whichever you prefer. Management is very accommodating as far ad personal life goes, very family orientated. I came to Bulldog with no oil field or truck driving experience, they were very willing to train new employees. They exemplify a company with a very positive workplace culture and are a equal opportunity employer. The hardest part of the job is working in all kinds of weather conditions, however it's left to the employee's disgression to decide if it's reasonable to refuse to work due to conditions. The best part of the job is the ability to take time off as needed, no questions asked.

Pros

Ability to take time off at anytime with giving reasonable notificstion

Cons

Being away from family

Very slow and rude management

Horrible work place threatened with termination for getting someone to be a man watch while I entered the debris tank on a straight vac paid 1 time in the 2 months I been there charged 3 TIMES for work gear

Cons

Away from home lazy unprofessional crew crew doing drugs on site

great company to work for

I have had theopertunity to work with this company, and so far it has been great, the supervisors are all great to get along with and when there is a problem they are quick to resolve it.

was a pleasant working environment

i enjoyed working there verrymuch, unfortunately my hours were alot more than i was able to commit to. i learned alot was able to advance in the company. i honestly believe my management team at the time were the best i ever had the opportunity to work for

Pros

was treasted verry well

Cons

hours wewre alot more than i could commit to

A well rounded family company

Great management, solid equipment, amazing employees, flexible work schedules, Company BBQ once a month, weekly pay direct deposit, living arrangements, airport transportation.

Pros

weekly pay

Cons

dirty work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bulldog Energy Group. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement