Bulldog Energy Group

Bulldog Energy Group Employee Reviews

Canada34 reviews
More local people, less eastern guys with all the work. Would be nice to support local more, there are talented guys in our province? Less favouritism from management and more about the work and less about the friendship!
Great for people that are ambitious and can work independantly. Also you wont mind being away from home for a couple weeks at a time. The company will fly you in to Edmonton and transport you to the main facility and you will be dispatched to a job site from there.
Pros
Work as much as you like too
Cons
Away from home a lot
Knowledgeable Mechanics in the Shop, Clean work environment, Solid work hours, and overtime opportunity's throughout the winter. Good Foreman and maintenance manager who are fair.
good crews, mostly willing to work together. varied customer base, some easy t work for, some real buggers. work has been spotty lately. most of the work is not near my home so crew change is a 7 hour event each way.
Pros
lots of equipment
Cons
equipment not new
I have seen many Vac & Water companies come and go over the past few years through the oil price downturn, Bulldog has managed to keep their heads afloat through it all and gain more market share while maintaining & exceeding industry standards for maintenance and safety. If you want to work for a great company & great people, apply today!
Good place to work . Very flexible hours. Bosses are reasonable. Good mechanical support. Not working there now but I would go back. Made some good friends there
This company does nothing but lie to you. There is no shift. The work you till you drop. Dispatch lies to you no stop tells you what you wanna hear to get you to do what ever they want. They have no real safety. They will hid and blame you for everything. There is no advancement in this company and costantly tell you to lie on your log books and run over houred
Competitive wages everything about the company is great, just the job site at times is hectic, you live at work and visit home during rig season. Its also nice to get paid on a weekly basis.
Be honest and straight forward when asking and answering all your /there questions and like every job you can work to obtain more experience and knowledge to have an opportunity for advancement
Pros
Some of the people
Cons
Some of the people
Have great bosses I get along with...in my experience, wen der wuz some difficulty or problems arose...my bosses wer a great source...I would just have to fone dem & dey would give me da best route solve any problem.
Over the 5 drilling seasons I spent with bulldog I saw big improvements in their maintenance program. They treat their employees very well and will go out of their way to help their people out in any way.
Good place to work if you're willing to learn. Dispatch did their best to accommodate the workers. Nice trucks and good equipment. Would recommend and would work there again.
Most jobs are 12 hr shifts days or nights whichever you prefer. Management is very accommodating as far ad personal life goes, very family orientated. I came to Bulldog with no oil field or truck driving experience, they were very willing to train new employees. They exemplify a company with a very positive workplace culture and are a equal opportunity employer. The hardest part of the job is working in all kinds of weather conditions, however it's left to the employee's disgression to decide if it's reasonable to refuse to work due to conditions. The best part of the job is the ability to take time off as needed, no questions asked.
Pros
Ability to take time off at anytime with giving reasonable notificstion
Cons
Being away from family
Horrible work place threatened with termination for getting someone to be a man watch while I entered the debris tank on a straight vac paid 1 time in the 2 months I been there charged 3 TIMES for work gear
Cons
Away from home lazy unprofessional crew crew doing drugs on site
I have had theopertunity to work with this company, and so far it has been great, the supervisors are all great to get along with and when there is a problem they are quick to resolve it.
i enjoyed working there verrymuch, unfortunately my hours were alot more than i was able to commit to. i learned alot was able to advance in the company.
i honestly believe my management team at the time were the best i ever had the opportunity to work for
Pros
was treasted verry well
Cons
hours wewre alot more than i could commit to
Great management, solid equipment, amazing employees, flexible work schedules, Company BBQ once a month, weekly pay direct deposit, living arrangements, airport transportation.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
dirty work
I have not worked at Bulldog for awhile but the operational managers like Darrel, Rich, and Kris were great to work for. The companies fortune is tied to the oil and gas sector and this has its ups and downs. Like a lot of service companies it has its good and bad, but for the most part was a pretty good company to work for. Be prepared to work some long shifts and doing some pretty demanding physical labor.
Pros
Free lodging if you are further away from home.
Cons
Oil and gas sector is pretty unforgiving.
Do not work here, work anywhere else....they treat employees like there garbage. Trucks and trailers are hurting real bad. Beds in trailers are all stained and they won't change them. There are better companies out there that treat there employees good and pay much better.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Too many to list
They will tell you one thing and do another. They do not follow hours of operation laws and will work you for 36 hours straight if you allow it. No assigned trucks, so you're constantly dealing with broken equipment. I worked here for 4 years and seen so many people come and go.
Pros
Cons
get paid for 10 hour days, yet you work alot more
Company Is Great

-Need more hours, No Prob

-Need less hours, No Prob

-Need an advance, No Prob

Very accommodating! Pay is above average. Equipment is well maintained.
Pros
Hours