Bulldog Energy Group Employee Reviews

Very slow and rude management
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mannville, AB30 March 2019
Horrible work place threatened with termination for getting someone to be a man watch while I entered the debris tank on a straight vac paid 1 time in the 2 months I been there charged 3 TIMES for work gear
Cons
Away from home lazy unprofessional crew crew doing drugs on site
great company to work for
Excavator Operator (Current Employee) –  Drayton Valley, AB13 March 2019
I have had theopertunity to work with this company, and so far it has been great, the supervisors are all great to get along with and when there is a problem they are quick to resolve it.
A well rounded family company
Onboarding and Safety Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB10 December 2018
Great management, solid equipment, amazing employees, flexible work schedules, Company BBQ once a month, weekly pay direct deposit, living arrangements, airport transportation.
Pros
weekly pay
Cons
dirty work
Good Operational Management
Vacuum Truck Operator (Former Employee) –  Mannville, AB28 August 2018
I have not worked at Bulldog for awhile but the operational managers like Darrel, Rich, and Kris were great to work for. The companies fortune is tied to the oil and gas sector and this has its ups and downs. Like a lot of service companies it has its good and bad, but for the most part was a pretty good company to work for. Be prepared to work some long shifts and doing some pretty demanding physical labor.
Pros
Free lodging if you are further away from home.
Cons
Oil and gas sector is pretty unforgiving.
Do not work here!
Vac/water truck (Former Employee) –  Various27 July 2018
Do not work here, work anywhere else....they treat employees like there garbage. Trucks and trailers are hurting real bad. Beds in trailers are all stained and they won't change them. There are better companies out there that treat there employees good and pay much better.
Pros
Going home
Cons
Too many to list
managment that plays favors and does not respect you one bit
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mannville, AB21 May 2018
They will tell you one thing and do another. They do not follow hours of operation laws and will work you for 36 hours straight if you allow it. No assigned trucks, so you're constantly dealing with broken equipment. I worked here for 4 years and seen so many people come and go.
Pros
Cons
get paid for 10 hour days, yet you work alot more
Great Place to Work
Driver (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB27 December 2017
Company Is Great

-Need more hours, No Prob
-Need less hours, No Prob
-Need an advance, No Prob

Very accommodating! Pay is above average. Equipment is well maintained.
Pros
Hours
Very busy company
Vac Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Nisku, Ab27 December 2017
Have been working with the Bulldog family for over 10 years and they have always kept me employed even through the slow turn-downs. Bulldog seems to always be aggressively searching out new customers keeping everyone working. GREAT PLACE TO WORK!
Pros
Competitive Wages & Job Security
Cons
Oilfield
Most Flexable Schedule I could Ask for
Vac Truck Operator (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB30 October 2017
I have a family on the East Coast and I want to be around for my kids special events, they let me change my rotation and go home to my family when ever I need.
You pick your own rotation, as a family company they do not believe in forcing a rotation on you.
Added bonus is the company pays for full benefits, I have a family of 5 and that's a load of my wallet.

Typical oil patch life and stuff that surround it. Just don't take your problems to the field and affect your work and your golden.

There is always plenty of work and the company is willing to work with you. They helped me get my Class 1, 3 other places I worked for refused to help me out.
Bulldog is my extended family
Pros
Flexable rotations
Cons
Who likes the Mud
Enjoyable place to work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Manville, AB21 October 2017
Enjoyed my time with this company. Variety of work and challenges. Diverse group of employees and equipment to work with and build experiences and skills.
Overall Great Place to Work
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Mannville, AB2 October 2017
Good money, great people to work with. Flexible job locations, fairly new equipment, quick to repair units if needed. Large company with mom and pop mentality.

Made the change last year, glad I did.
Pros
Money, Equipment, Training
Great people to work with and always positive energy. Also everyone seemed to be trained to put safety first and ots always nice to see people neing c
Swamper/Labourer (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB26 April 2017
Well if it wasn't for the lack of work or shall I say road bands then I would definitely still be working there. I definitely recommend this company for vac drivers and swampers as well and the salary is pretty competitive
Over all I enjoyed my time with this company and hope to work for them in the near future.
Pros
Competitive rates
Cons
Road bands affect the company drastically
avoid this place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB24 January 2017
management will run you to you drop then ask for more also they will lie so they look good would never send anybody there for work, make one mistake and your gone with no reason unless your willing to work 24hr a day will not train you or at least show you how things work
Pros
Cons
long hours little pay and no appreciation
Loved it and still miss it
Swampee (Former Employee) –  Manvill ab2 April 2016
I worked there for a year, took my two weeks off and got laid off to lack of work. Loved the job. Loved the life. Never had a driver I didn't like. Never did a job I didn't enjoy. I still have all my ticket's and never failed a drug test, bit for whatever reason they wolnt bring me back.....
Pros
Co workers, jobs, pay, manvill
Cons
Not working there. Theu hate wjen you yake time off even after woking 4 months straigh.
Its all about the job
Hydrovac Operator (Former Employee) –  Nisku, AB14 September 2015
You know when you don't matter as an employee when the company is ok with running you until you crack then fire you. This was my experience and also the experience of a few others I. When I approach the dispatcher because I was not fit for duty I was ignored and sent to work anyway. I was bunched with my swamper. While he was sawing logs I was tossing and turning getting 2 or 3 hours of sleep per shift. I managed almost a month of this while making requests for different sleeping arrangements. I exercised my right to refuse safe work and ended up loosing my job. This company is good for a short time but not the long haul.
Pros
Nice new Hydrovac Unit
Cons
Living out of town without L.O.A., Receiving no pay while out of town unless you produced an invoice. That means rain days are on you., Expected to lie on log books or go home permanently.
great
operator (Current Employee) –  Mannville, AB18 June 2015
good place to work any time off you need good benifits and good pay would still work there if work didnt get slow this year work is all over ab and sask lots of time away from home in the bush or on pipelines camp gets to be a pain in eventully
Pros
pay
Cons
breakup
Vacuum Truck
Vacuum Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  AB2 October 2014
I liked working with Bulldog, but I came home to get married and they called and said they needed me right away. I couldn't go back I wasn't even married at that time. I asked for two weeks off well in advance. When I couldn't go back early, they told me they had no work then.
Pros
Rotation
Cons
No work when I got married
Fun workplace, family orientated
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Mannville, AB28 July 2014
Amazing place to work, never had a problem with anyone, very family orientated, will teach if you are willing to learn, always willing to negotiate position and salary
Productive and fun workplace to be
Employee/Truck (Current Employee) –  Mannville, AB31 May 2014
my day starts of by going on the site that I have been assigned to and do the work that is required. I learned that everyday is something new on the worksite. My co-workers are very helpful, respectful. The hardest part of my job is getting things accomplished in a certain amount of time.
Pros
Opporunity to move up in the ladder, and learn new things
Avoid at all cost
Field Supervisor/Operator (Former Employee) –  Mannville, AB9 July 2013
I am not an upset former employee or anything like that. Truth be told I spent two years with Bulldog and moved up to the position of Field Supervisor. My issues with Bulldog are more along the treatment of their employees. Lack of communication, very little respect, their way or the high way, they will lie to you to suit their needs. The list can go on. As I said I worked inside and observed all of this.....hence the reason I am no longer with them. Do yourself a favor look else where....there are much better options.
Pros
Drive to the airport...if you can get one
Cons
don't expect much of a day rate.