Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Correct
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint-Constant, QC18 April 2018
pas super pour un premier emploi, mais tres facile de monter dans la compagnie
Cons
aucuns avantages sociaux, salaire minimum
Fun workplace, home away from home.
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 April 2018
* A typical day at the 'Barn includes stocking the shelves with product from the back. This includes filling the bins, tubs, totes, honey tanks.
* Cash rotation schedule, so that you are not stuck on cash for the rest of your life.
* Everyone has a part in maintaining the cleanliness of the store.
* If you're surrounded by good management, this job is amazing.
* Most enjoyable part? It becomes your little family away from home.
Pros
Free candy
Very Productive and fun
Stock Supervisor & Janitor (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 April 2018
I enjoyed my time with them. Learned allot and definitely had allot of fun.
I learned how to look after other staff members that were below, made sure they would get things done. Learned how to be a Janitor.
The Hardest part of the job was the communication from the Manager and 2/3 Supervisors. Never told me how or what I was doing wrong until 1-2 weeks later or hearing about it from another staff member.The most enjoyable part of the job was whenever I was working with 1/3 supervisors. we would get allot done but also had allot of fun, scaring each other, making fun of each other, and trying to take pot shots at each other.
Pros
Having fun
Good Environment
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON8 April 2018
Fun workplace environment with little opportunity for advancement. Did not require strenuous actions however, being on cash for 8 hours can be tiring.
Pros
good hours
Cons
not enough staff
Very good place to work.
Shipping Receiver / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 April 2018
Great place to work had a lot of fun. All of my co workers were very nice and easy to work with. The boss was a great guy and was very lenient when asked for time off.
busy workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 March 2018
Its a busy place. Lots of cleaning and you have to memorize over 300-500 products and codes and what they look like or what is their use. You have to be very patient.
Pros
good customer service experience
Cons
lots of cleaning
bulk barn
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Cobourg, ON27 March 2018
bad managers.
hardest part of the job was cleaning all the totes every shift, its hard on your body, also trying to remember all the different codes for each item.
Loved working here
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS21 March 2018
A typical day at work for a cashier would involve cleaning, more so than handling money, it was always very busy during the holiday season.

I learned about a variety of health foods as well as diet restrictions and gluten-intolerance.

Management was sadly all over the place and the main reason i left. after this particular location went corporate-owned the management went down hill and the supervisors would constantly put on a show for our district manager. a lot of drama and stress for an otherwise rewarding job.

Hardest part of the job initially was memorizing all of the codes designated to every bulk item, you eventually get the hang of it.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Learning about health foods and the seasonal candy section.
Pros
clean working environment
Cons
Worked for the company for 4+ years with no advancement opportunities
Great place
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC20 March 2018
Great place to work if looking to gain part-time experience. Managers were friendly and helpful, encouraged a team spirit and cooperation. Can get stressful during rush hours
Simple
Commis (Former Employee) –  Salaberry-de-Valleyfield, QC20 March 2018
Les tâches étaient plutôt simple et prenait peu de temps à accomplir.

Want to know more about Bulk Barn?

Ask a question
Standard workplace setting
Bulk Barn Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON19 March 2018
Great part time job for students. They give a lot of responsibility to employees which helps to gain experience. Clean environment, friendly, but slightly unfair pay.
very great place to work
stockboy (Former Employee) –  Penticton, BC19 March 2018
very good understanding management, very fun place to work. It was definitely my favorite place to work. The supervisors were great, and the manager was amazing and very understanding and cared so much about her emoployees
Fun workplace
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Stouffville, ON17 March 2018
Well managed work place with great employees. While working at Bulk barn i learned a lot about organization skills and developed great initiative skills.
Hard Work Always Pays Off
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK15 March 2018
Bulk Barn is a smaller business in Prince Albert, so it demands more from the employee. I have gained valuable experience with customer service. The people I work with are sometimes helpful, and I enjoy working with some of the employees. It makes working there easier.
The team work is amazing!
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  QC14 March 2018
The best thing about working there is the team, but also I enjoy the work that we have to do, like keeping the store clean and full and giving a good custumors services.
good for learning and improve skill
Stock clerk (Current Employee) –  edm.ab12 March 2018
Basically the bulk section of Superstore, they have a lot more selection though and you don't have to mark down what you bought on a slip. The staff always know what they item you bought is and are very knowledgeable when asked about their products.
Nice Environment
Stocked the Store, Made Marketing Changes (Former Employee) –  Milton, Ontario12 March 2018
Had an enjoyable time working here during my time in school. They are always very accommodating, worked around my schedule. I was happy to work there and would recommend anyone apply.
Pros
Nice work environment
Cons
Not many hours
Great Job
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2018
This job was very warm and fun. I looked forward to my shifts each day. It was a great atmosphere, the staff was great. The only down fall was that there wasn't enough hours.
A great first job
Cashier and stock associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 February 2018
A great starting job, it teaches you basic discipline and understanding of how a job works, and gives you a lot of flexibility with your schedule. As a first job, it's the perfect opportunity to get some experience in.
Custom Service Experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 February 2018
My employment at Bulk Bark was very enjoyable thanks to interesting interactions with customers. Every day offered a variety of challenges. My main task was to stock and organize the backroom but any chance to assist customers I would jump at the opportunity to help.