Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Mostly enjoyable colleagues, fun environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 August 2017
I worked with countless employees and diligently worked through tasks.
I learned that gossip makes a work environment toxic and unpleasant, and those who supervise tend to exaggerate the jobs that they do in order to shift work onto your shoulders. (This does not apply to all supervisors)
The environment is fun and lighthearted, and the most enjoyable part of the job is the people you meet and interact with on a daily or weekly basis.
Pros
food, friendly staff
Cons
no benefits/discounts, no room to advance
Great Customers
CASHIER/STOCK CLERK (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON18 August 2017
Repeat customers makes it a family atmosphere
Great selection of items
Owner is great and personable
Small team but we work together
Enjoy helping people find new recipes
Pros
Great Owner and Customers
Cons
Not full time
Great Place to start
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON18 August 2017
Bulk Barn is a great place to work when you are in between jobs. Working after school or for extra money. Not stressful, only during the holidays. However not much to go up from being a supervisor
Pros
Great choices of bulk foods
Cons
Nowhere to move up from
Pretty good place.
Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC13 August 2017
I work for the new westminster store. It's a nice part time job. The head office management is great will often buy Tim Horton's for the staff. The manager and assistant manager and all other staff are great. The pay is decent for part time work. No stress.
Pros
Really good coworkers
Cons
No benefits
The employees make the job at my store.
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 August 2017
Working stock at Bulk Barn is pretty much your standard, mundane stock shift. The company is Franchised so I imagine each store offers a variable experience. I am lucky enough to work at a busier store which means more coworkers and customers to help keep the day rolling by. Undersweeping the bins will kill your back.
Pros
Flexible Break Schedule
Cons
Physical Exertion
Bulk Barn Supervisor position
Supervisor, Full Time (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON6 August 2017
Job entitles too much work for random hours, even as full time, for too little pay. Cooperation is advised but never truly shown. All in all its a job for teenagers or those not looking for anything serious.
Pros
Cons
No consistancy
Merchandiser
Keyholder/Merchandiser/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 August 2017
Great company to work for. Low stress and great people and staff. I worked for over 4 years and the job was not stressful. I look forward to move up the ranks.
Sad to see Management go
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON1 August 2017
This was one of my favorite places to work. But sadly all the owners have been taken over by corporate. Our owner was the best boss ive ever had. I'm sure bulk barn is still decent to work for, but won't ever be the same.
travaille agreable
Commis de plancher, Montréal (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 August 2017
j'ai travailler chez Bulk barn 1 ans et quel que mois et cette expérience de travaille a été très intéressante pour moi.
Pros
bonne equipe
Cons
pas de sale d'employer
a good job if you're not looking for anything too serious
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bracebridge, ON24 July 2017
The management where I worked was horrible. There was a lot of gossip and drama among the employees and the boss/management. Horrible hours given, given maximum 10 hours a week. Not accommodating of illnesses/time off requests (no matter how far in advance).
Pros
it was easy
Cons
awful management
Great for people that like to help others
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 July 2017
Great job for people that like to help others and are strict with cleanliness. Should have some knowledge of baking and cooking. Good memory is an asset.
Great place to work with fun staff
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON20 July 2017
Lots of cleaning, dusting and customer service. I've really learned patience and memorization skills. The management was always helpful and understanding.
Ambiance de travaille peu commune !
Commis-caissier (Former Employee) –  Drummondville, QC18 July 2017
L'ambiance de travaille au Bulk Barn de drummondville est très agréable. Tout le monde s'entend bien, l'entraide est toujours présente, les nouvelles idées sont toujours la bienvenu. Horaire très flexible pour les étudiants très occupé!
Pros
L'équipe de travail
Cons
Aucun rabais.
Loved this job
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Swift Current, SK14 July 2017
Was a amazing job very good management , Gave me the opportunity to grow in the business and really flexible hours . Very easy going company to work for.
Pros
fun environment
Cons
n/a
Quite a Busy Location
Cashier/Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 July 2017
Typical Day is busy even our slow days as busier than other locations busy days. Management is excellent and usually is quite friendly and helpful when it comes to sick days and requested days off.
great part time job
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB\13 July 2017
working at bulk barn was my first part time job when i was 14 the boss was very nice and very professional. fellow employees always made work fun and enjoyable
Pros
great employees
Cons
long hours of cleaning
good work place, poor managment
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Okotoks, AB10 July 2017
everybody I worked with was amazing, other than the manager. I was written up for having to miss a day at work due to an important court date, and other pointless things
Quiet, slow pace workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 July 2017
A typical day at work is sweeping beneath every bin of product and making sure the store looks presentable for all customers. Making sure that all customers find everything they need and leave the store with a smile.
Pros
Good environment
Sad
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 July 2017
Working here was very fun at first. My coworkers were extremely friendly and we all got along very well. The management, at first, was very nice and were accommodating. This store went through many staff changes, either because of the staff personnel themselves or management just being too strict.

Eventually, the management started becoming rude and overbearing. They would pick at every little thing we did - not stocking properly, not doing enough at the cash register, etc.

These were not true. The staff were all hardworking and were treated less than they should have been. It was disappointing as I truly enjoyed working at Bulk Barn. However, I wish the management were better people.
Pros
Coworkers
Good Steady Part Time Position
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON7 July 2017
A typical day at work would be pretty average when it comes to a retail setting. Cashing out customers in a sufficient and positive way would be the main focus. Cleaning and stock would happen on a regular day too.