Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Fun enviroment, comfotable atmosphere
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON9 July 2018
Over fun place to work. Management is very understanding and willing to work with you. Well balance work to time. after a few weeks it feels like you're working with family.
Great job
Head Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 July 2018
Fun environment, and easy work days. We were given a nice discount on products which i appreciated and a fair salary. I would work there again. nice people
fast past environment but consistent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON26 June 2018
as it varies from franchise to franchise, management can vary however you can really benefit from having a good work life by just doing your job. the hardest part of the job is the monotony of cleaning the same things everyday. the best part is the people that you work with that can make a boring day, fun.
Productive, fun workplace, poor management
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB22 June 2018
Work consisted of bins, garbage and general stock labor. Management was an issue, I learned about the store code numbers for food, etc etc. The hardest part of the job had to have been all the constant weight.
Pros
Free sampling
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to work at
IT Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ON13 June 2018
I love my department and my team. We have a lot of fun and we also work very hard. We are always learning new technologies and taking on new projects, our skills are consistently being challenged and upgraded as we learn things.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
After hours support as required
Low pay no benefits
Supervisor/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON12 June 2018
Boring work place people were nice but the place sucks.. little hours little pay no benefits I would not reccomend to someone who isn't a student this is a great place for someone who wants to get in and out quick not a long term employment field
Not bad as a first job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON2 June 2018
Typical day at work consisted of going on cash, cashing customers out until you had to switch with another worker, refilled product, did returns and cleaned the store after closing.
Only part time work no full time
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB29 May 2018
typical day at work was filling stock serving customers. I learned a lot about different products. Management was alright, hired mostly their own family or friends.
productive and fun with a full size gym
Distribution Order Picker (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON29 May 2018
A typical day would involve me picking up a merchandise order from the order desk. I would then make my way to the parking spots of the Raymond Walkie. Before actually starting work management would inform the order picker of any special order to be aware of during the day or that might show up on our order list as an excess bulk pick. Management was always calm and relaxed. Hardest part of the job would have been if the bins needed replenishing. I would become a delay in completing the order. Once an order of about 150 and as far up as 450 pieces was complete they needed to be labeled and staged in the shipping department. Then the process is repeated.
Pros
many barbque lunches
Cons
not a full 40 hrs work week
Productive and organized, but also fun and energetic.
supervisor (Current Employee) –  Trenton, ON26 May 2018
Bulk Barn has been my job for three years now, and it is a very good place to work. The management is great, job security is good too. I can only work weekends during school because of my extracurricular activities, but they are flexible and would let me do that. The work environment is friendly and fun, but they are also hard workers and prioritize their jobs. However, our store does not have enough workers to do a complete clean sometimes, so there isn't time for our extra cleaning that should be done weekly.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
not enough workers on one shift
Doesn't feel like work
Cashier and Stocking (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB23 May 2018
Work is very easy going! As long as you get your job done there isn't a problem. It's a very enjoyable job due to the fact that you go in everyday getting to see new products where you get to try them so you basically get to try new things everyday while getting paid.
Fine as a First Job
Cashier/Stocker (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK18 May 2018
Job is fine for a teenagers first job but other than that it is a poor workspace.

-No Incentives to move up
-Supervisors barely make more than minimum wage
-Raises are never given
-Hours are never guaranteed
-Get called in on days you booked off
-There is no full-time available, only given Part-Time employment
-Poor managerial skills from all higher ups
Pros
Helps build work ethic
Cons
A lot
Fun and very friendly co-workers
Stock/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 May 2018
Co-workers help you out with duties, very respectful and greet each other at beginning of shifts. Co-workers are very good at training you if you are new to the job.
Pros
very lax work setting, management is easy going and understanding
Cons
no benefits, minimum pay, hours not guaranteed
fun work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 May 2018
Owner was very nice and approachable. The store was clean and organized. The staff were fairly friendly. The location was convenient to get to from pretty much anywhere.
Excellent Employer
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON11 May 2018
A great place to work. Employer provides good salary and benefits, as well as lots of encouragement for professional development, internal education and advancement.
Adequate introduction to customer service.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB9 May 2018
The management at Bulk Barn was slightly unprofessional, but friendly. My hours were part-time, as I was only in high school, but the time off that I requested, I did receive. The work included mostly cleaning, cash, and more cleaning.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Tedious jobs
Very good job in all aspects except pay
Supervisor/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 May 2018
Great employer but they do not pay fairly. You have to do a lot of hard cleaning and work but everyone there will feel underpaid and underappreciated. But the staff are wonderful and they are flexible with schedules.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Under paid
No. Just No.
Supervisor/Cashier/Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 May 2018
Just an awful company to work for.

"Family Run" might as well be Synonymous with Cheap.

A typical day of work there is sexism at work. not a single guy was a cashier, and no female on staff was required to do any of the heavy lifting.
its an alright job
Cashier, Cleaner, Stock, Scoops (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 May 2018
depending on location it could be a good job. must have good memory , must like to clean , must be punctual and must like being around people all day everyday
Pros
fun staff
Cons
cuts hours for missing 1 day
Productive workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON26 April 2018
not a bad place to work the workers and management were fine, sometimes you'd have a bad run in with customers and it would make you have a bad day but other than that it was good
Pros
great people
Cons
sometimes bad customers