Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Fun workplace with nice coworkers
Cashier and Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2019
i wish they gave more break time. A 15 min lunch break was not enough to leave and get a juice from across the street.

A typical day at work was entertaining and always had a new challenge which kept the job mostly interesting
great workplace
Cashier/Stock (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS13 May 2019
The manager is exceptional at Joseph Howe Store and encourages you to be part of a great team! The work is fast past and your attitude is part of the team's ability to do a good job. Remember that what you do/don't do reflects what your co-workers must do to ensure the job is done regardless.
Good long term position for young individual
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, ON11 May 2019
Good long term position for young individual. Nice area and good quality products. Creative and hardworking staff working toward providing quality service to new and regular customers.
Good Community
SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 May 2019
There are no employee benefits, which makes this job very attractive to high school and university students. That said, there is very high job security. I have been working there for almost two years and there have been two firings. Some of my coworkers have worked there for over four years. The community is great because it is a small environment so you really get to know your coworkers.
Pros
Great Job Security
Cons
No Benefits
Worked one shift and they ditched me, did not say why.
Store Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC7 May 2019
Summary about covers it. Was given an offer of employment with all the documentation, tax forms, etc. To fill out, but was told after my first shift (5hr45m) that I was "not what we're looking for" despite being told i did great work. Unhelpful and unprofessional, in my opinion.
Pros
Not terribly busy
Cons
Better to shop at, than to work.
If there was zero stars that would be it
Manager (Former Employee) –  Niagara, ON6 May 2019
This was the best job I ever had until it turned corporate. They have zero idea what they are doing. This company has not changed in 30 years. They expect the world from you with zero thanks or appreciation. Very little pay for the amount of work this job entails. District manager harasses and bullies everyone she doesn’t like until they are gone. Company knows this and does absolutely nothing. No benefits at store level, even for management. Pathetic. You could work like a dog all day and night, have to cover the HUGE amount of sick calls yourself working crazy hours. No one cares, you never get the time back. YOU GET NOTHING. They will drill that into your head. Then your a scolded when you don’t have enough staff in the store, yet your not allowed to hire more. I had to watch them bully out every employee who actually cared about their job. Don’t even bother trying to discipline anyone, takes forever to get approval. Oh but when you do something they don’t like your disciplined within hours. This is the most unorganized unappreciative company I have ever worked for. Definitely taught me what not to look for in a company.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Fun to work at
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC30 April 2019
Serve customers, stock the store, make sure store looks good at all times. Employees are amazing to get along with. Customers are the worst part of the job, you always have to keep the customers happy.
Pros
Employee discount on products
Cons
Supervisors can't leave the building for their breaks
Meh.
Full Time Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 April 2019
I literally don't think about Bulk Barn, the owner was the worst and played favourites with his staff. He was loyal to those who had been there from day one, and that's it.
Amazing place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ON17 April 2019
I absolutely loved working at bulk barn; I worked as a cashier for 3 years and couldnt have asked for a better job than this one. You will always have something to be doing.
Pros
discount
Cons
lots of cleaning
GOOD JOB for PT students
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON16 April 2019
Once you have a good team on your hands, you know you can accomplish anything at Bulk Barn. Lots of cleaning to do to avoid cross contamination as well as avoiding bug contamination. One of my favorite jobs when I was younger.
Pros
15 minute breaks, 30 minute breaks, good work enviornment, good management
clean and organized
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, ON15 April 2019
Maintaining the cleanliness of the bins, floors and shelves. Cleaned all scoops and bin lids to maintain the quality for health regulations.

Lower management easy to work with and fun to be with.
Great job
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON1 April 2019
This was a great first job, nothing to complain about other than the amount of hours I was getting. It was hard work but it taught me a lot about working hard and completing tasks .
Pros
people, boss, work, environment
Cons
short hours
Awesome Job,
Clerk, clean, stock floors, and Customer Serive (Current Employee) –  Abbotsford, BC30 March 2019
Bulk Barn is the best clerk job I have had but, of course it does help having an awesome manager and awesome employees to work as well.

It's basic, simple, and fun, I just all around love the atmosphere.
Pros
Manament Rocks
Cons
Not enough shifts
Poor management team
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 March 2019
Management expects too much, and gives very little. There is also at the stc location a bias towards people who have been there longer. They get certain priorities and privileges for the same position, especially regarding time off and scheduling of shifts. Job is not hard
Pros
Easy to learn, not super busy
Cons
bad management and no flexibility
good work enviroment.
Cashier/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON28 March 2019
A typical work day included running cash, organising displays and shelves, keeping the store clean and ordering products. I learned about how the store is run. communication skills with other employees and customers. The hardest part of the job is keeping all the customers happy while following the Bulk Barn guidelines.
Poorly managed, but had potential to be a great place of work.
Supervisor/ Key Holder (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 March 2019
Bulk Barn was a great learning experience. I gathered knowledge in how to deal with many customer service situations as well as office knowledge. Unfortunately the store was poorly managed, with the manager almost never being present.
Pros
15% discount
Cons
Flexible hours, but staff is not to my liking.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 March 2019
Some staff granted unfair special treatment. Not a good environment, as there are many pessimistic people working here. Though I was promoted to supervisor, the raise accompanied by it was laughable.
Pros
Flexible hours.
Cons
Poor work environment.
Great place to work while in school.
Supervisor & key holder (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB26 March 2019
This is a very flexible job which makes it great for students to work at. The company is very flexible with availability but not very understanding when it comes to being sick or when circumstances permit an individual to work.
Pros
flexibility with hours.
Cons
No coverage when sick.
Poor Management, Part-time
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON25 March 2019
Doesn't offer F/T Positions, great for students. Schedule is flexible, however, management needs improvement, lack of communication and understanding.
Decent
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 March 2019
The management and employees are very young and indulge themselves in teen drama. Everyone is targeted and the workplace is treated like a daycare. Work is okay if you can handle constant drama.
Pros
Easy
Cons
Awful people and service