Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Enjoyable enough
Cashier/Stock (Former Employee) –  Midland, ON5 December 2018
I worked there long enough to make some good friends along the way, however it does come with it's downsides. I did enjoy the opportunity I had to work there, but hours were too easily cut and really brought it down.
Wonderful place to work
CASHIER / KEYHOLDER (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB21 November 2018
While the jobs here can be physically demanding the bosses are excellent. Customer service is a must for all employees. Easy work atmosphere where smiles and laughter are encouraged.
BB Team
Supervisory role (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 November 2018
The people that I worked with were the best bunch of youngsters I had the privledge to work with :) My customers were not always the best but for the most part. They were a great bunch of people to see everyday :)
Pros
Great pace
Cons
Monies was an issue.
Bulk Barn Review
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON17 November 2018
Working at Bulk Barn involved a lot of cashier work, memorization of food codes to speed up the process of cashing customers out, and cleaning the store frequently.
Fun and interesting place to work but management can be frustrating at times.
Cashier/Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 November 2018
Most days at Bulk Barn are enjoyable. The job is entertaining and most coworkers are easy to get along with. However, the management and corporate level of this company are not on the same page. Corporate is often making decisions that would be better off if left to the store managers who understand the situations better. Putting that aside, the salary is definitely lower than it should be. I understand retail positions are not exactly "high skilled" but I believe that the work merits an extra dollar per hour on top of minimum wage at least. Working at Bulk Barn is not a robotic process like scanning bar codes at a grocery store. There are important things we do as employees that are surely above our pay grade, but corporate is only concerned with profit margins and not employee relations. Overall this is a place for a part time job during the school year and maybe full time in the summer, not a career.
Pros
Interesting, Cool Candy/Foods, Discount
Cons
Many responsibilities, Min Wage, Management Decision Making
Good first job or Part time
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2018
When I first started at this location the manager was amazing and super helpful. He got promoted and a different manager was appointed. She has a way of telling people what to do in a mean way.
Pros
Old manager
Cons
New manager
Good first time job experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 October 2018
Good job to learn customer service and cash handling skills. However having to do extensive cleaning and also watch cash at the same time was unrealistic.
OK place to work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON24 October 2018
Bulk barn was a great place to work when I was in high school as they attained to my hours and needs. However as I got older I began to realize the many management issues they had, as well 0 - no benefits. We got absolutely nothing there, and as a supervisor I did way more than regular staff, and was only payed 50 cents more an hour. Our store had nothing more than a supervisor, there was no active manager and lead to many disputes. Good for the first little bit, but very unorganized
Pros
good hours, hours you wanted/needed were given to you
Cons
long shifts, bad management
Cool
Commis (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC24 October 2018
Très amusant comme place, les boss sont très ouvert a tous
hard woking establishment
Cashier/ stock (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON23 October 2018
Bulk Barn is a hard working establishment that prides themselves greatly on customer service to the public. They have a very open mindset towards new employees.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
strict rules
Things have changed...
Cashier & Stockworker (Current Employee) –  Alliston, ON21 October 2018
Used to have wonderful employees but the new crew is disappointing... the workplace drama is horrendous and just gets worse as it goes along. Things used to be great but it’s definitely gone downhill.
Cons
Employee Drama, No Benefits/Discounts
productive workplace
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Simcoe, ON14 October 2018
So many amazing products to learn about. I really enjoyed being a cashier but able to do all the other jobs throughout the workplace. Great staff and management. Very accommodating
Fun clean enviroment to work in
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK1 October 2018
my review for bulk barn is a top 5 star , the staff and management are great to work with, the customers always leave with a smile so that means alot
fun place to work
Customer Service/Cashier (fulltime) (Current Employee) –  wnnipeg30 September 2018
what I like about my job, I enjoy helping customers
when they leave knowing the had good customer service
the staff I work with is nice
I can work without supervision, work well with others
do a variety of jobs, from helping customers to putting out stock
and keeping the store looking nice.
mornings making sure the store looks nice for customers
greeting them asking if they need help finding something
Letting them know of any specials,
Pros
gettng free samples
Fun and manageable with school
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Oromocto, NB16 September 2018
You learn a lot while working here, easy work while you're still working hard. Learning how to do everything is easy to pick up. The hardest part about this job is learning how to do cash while first starting off as it is scary and overwhelming at first but its easy to overcome with practice. This job helped boost my confidence and allowed me to be less shy, you get to interact with the people in your community and talk to the sweet people that come in (except for the few that aren't so sweet). Overall, I highly recommend this jobs especially if you're in school because it works around schedules easily.
bulk barn
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON5 September 2018
the job Is nice and the costumers are friendly other employees are great and friendly and the boss is very accommodating with school and sports and knows how important academics are.
Good starter job
Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC5 September 2018
This is a great place to work if you are a student, great hours and work you can pick up on quickly. I recommend this place to any young student looking for a first time job.
Belle compagnie
Directeur de magasin (Current Employee) –  Québec City, QC28 August 2018
Pas d'avantages sociaux, job très demandante, prêt à travailler de longues heures,
Helpful friendly management
Stock Clerk (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC24 August 2018
Fun place to work, cooperative management. Lots of good changes in store with in few months.clean store and room for advancement. Nice place to work. Helpful team member and always get help from management
Pros
Professional decent working environment
Cons
Less pay
Poor place to work
Stock Person (Current Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC23 August 2018
No job security, little chance of advancement, dysfunctional management, no raises, no accountability, variable amount of working hours, no first aide attendant,
Pros
No Pros
Cons
Dismal place to work