Bulk Barn

Bulk Barn Employee Reviews

Canada566 reviews
Candy
Good place for part time work. Hours are slim in the summer. Customers abd coworkers are friendly. Always something to do to keep you busy. Management is friendly and supportive of employees.
demon manager.
manager is a demon, acts like she is above everybody. yells an belittles everybody who steps foot into the store. every shift made me hate my life more and more. i left within a months. i learned literally nothing there as i dont learn via shouting. things seriously need to change at this location before i ever step foot back into the store
Sucked
Gender based positions, too much to do in too little time, constant problems with pay. Nothing else to say but this won’t let me hand it in unless it is 150 characters.
It was sweet good workers
Just couldn't fit it into my schedule great experience. Fast pace clean and service work but good for ethic and a great first job, i would work there again.
hard work small pay
very hard work and
not enough pay for the job

management is not always available

to help or doesn't want to

no room for advancement

would not recommend working there
It was alright
Kind staff and overall nice place to work. Management is very understanding and great help. I worked there part time and it was easy to schedule my shifts around school.
Good management and team
The work there is decent and you work as a team to get things done. It is relaxed but the salary currently is not enough for the efforts taken during the covid-19 pandemic
Worst experience of my working life
Worked at an Ottawa location a few years ago as a supervisor. Started out loving it because the manager was so nice and and treated us great. But then he left and the assistant manager became the manager. It was all downhill from there. The promotion obviously went to her head big time because just like that, she became a total unbearable witch. She treated me like absolute garbage, and would text me scolding me like a child if something was forgotten or done incorrect (I was still relatively new, so was still learning certain aspects).
The closing shifts are so painfully repetitive. You basically do nothing but go up and down each aisle washing the bins and replacing used scoops with new ones and putting all the used ones in the dishwasher. Then a customer will come and use and dirty the scoop, and you have have to replace it yet again. I probably washed and replaced the same scoops 10 times over every shift.
Anonymous
I worked with this company for 2 years before leaving for college. I worked at the waterloo location and it was busy sometimes but not so busy other times, it depended on the day and sales that we're going on. Overall I had a very good experience and made very good friendships along the way.
Great Canadian Company
Bulk Barn is a great Canadian company to work for. They strive to be at the forefront of the industry while still catering to their existing market. Upper management is very knowledgeable and open to change. Great experience all around.
Fun and productive
Fun and productive place, with friendly co-workers and management.
The Hardest Part of the job would be the cleaning and it isn't that hard at all.

Most of the time as a stock person you would be on your feet and filling barrels, tubs, and totes.
Laid back environment, Too much micro management from head office
Cleaning was primary in the store with little labour to complete the task. Was expected to take picture of the entire store (inside and out) daily, using my own cell phone. Way too much micro management.
Fun workplace with a Gym
Bulkbarn is a great place to work at. There is a good work life balance. The gym is very nice. The managers are nice and very professional. Work day is easy and not stressful.
good starting job for a high school student
enjoyed my time working there. many incompetent employees than caused my work life to become too stressful which is why I had to leave this position. I learned many new skills and will always be grateful for the opportunity I was given.
Good
It’s fun to work there, staff is great, customers are decent and the hours are flexible, management is some what organized, the job isn’t hard as others
interesting place to work
great place to start out for first job
not really any room for advancement

not enough discipline from manager

lack of manager support

no empathy in times of need
Interesting work. No real structure
Management is all over the place and are clueless to what district managers are up to. Pay structure not equal for all. Hard work. As a manager the hours can be long and overtime unpaid.
Pretty Good
If you're working stock, you get to clean the entire store at the end of each closing shift.
Hours go by quickly.

You have a quick access to snacks during your break.
Great place
Great place to work as a young student new to the job market. I learned how important the independent business people are in our community. I was given responsibilities as time went on and became an important part of this family team
Best is never good enough
The company treats their minimum wage employees terribly. No raises, benefits or guaranteed hours. Hours keep getting cut while expectations go up. Very little head office support, especially for isolated stores.
Fast paced
Working at BulkBarn was the perfect job for a high school student looking to obtain some experience with customer service. My job as a sales associate was easy as I would handle the cash register along with assisting any customers with questions or concerns and ensuring that the store stays clean and tidy.