BuildDirect

BuildDirect Employee Reviews

Canada9 reviews
On boarding was great - good people
We worked hard and everyone was compensated based on commissions - so the harder you worked the more money you made.
No two days were the same- learned a lot about the variety of materials and installation etc. Great team atmosphere and supportive management. The company goes above and beyond to make employees feel welcome and host a number of events outside of the workplace for team building and down time.
The vision of the ultimate goal of revolutionizing how building materials are sold and distributed is great.

Many challenges on supply side make it very difficult to reach short term revenue targets.
Pros
Fun place and friendly people
Cons
Mangement often change direction and focus
I was working with the inventory department then and it was always busy. There are a lot of paperwork to be done and I love it since the day passed by very quickly.

The team was great and one of my best experience in a working environment. My peers are supportive and helpful while our superiors also took on mentor roles to teach and guide us.

Hardest part of the job is really there are alot of things to do and there is just not enough time in a day. Our administration work is operative and needs to be cleared in a day since there might be shipments in or out the next day. Thankfully, due to the guidance of the team, I could mostly get my work done on time.
Great company, good senior management team. Flexible, friendly team, unlimited vacation, good company culture, beer Fridays. Only downside is aggressive and always changing target, maybe hard if you don't have the mindset for it.
Fantastic company to work for. great people, tons of fun. the nicest office in vancouver, great views, good benefits. amazing management, CEO is a true legend.
Pros
best culture and nicest office in vancouver.
Cons
not enough money
This is a company that is in a growth phase. With that in mind, there are countless opportunities to develop and to own your own projects.

This company encourages curiosity and asking "why", rather than sticking with how things are done. This leads to constant innovation and sometimes a sense of disorder (without it being chaotic), which I love.

If you're someone that likes procedures and being told exactly what to do, this company will overwhelm you. However, if you like to flex your brain and have a lot of space to do things your way, this is the place to be!

The people that work here are an amazing and fun bunch.
Pros
Great people, great hours.
Fun and productive place to work. It has a very fun culture and the managers are very nice and helpful.
Great place to start a career in sales. A very good approach and initiation into customer service and sales practices with and in house Sales Trainer who has years of successful experience under his belt. A lot of standard call center frustrations are expected but the the culture and of the company and the atmosphere balance it out. Still a very young company that is growing into itself and opportunities will arise for hard workers that have a lot of experience.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
Call Center Frustrations