Btrust Supermarket

Btrust Supermarket Employee Reviews

Canada6 reviews

fun work place

A store is competetive and accessible.They have friendly staff and workers.We receive a fair salary and benefits. We have a free meals and extra hours if we want.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

good environment, everyone is friendly and kind.

I am a cashier, my main task is check out. However, if my market is not busy, I will go to do other stuff such as do the price, prepare vegetables and fruits. Sometimes, I will go to clean somewhere that is dirty even they do not ask me to do it. Almost employees are Chinese, but they still hire people from other countries such as Vietnam, or Philippine. Moreover, because this market is very busy in the weekend, we have to count the large amount of money up to around six or seven thousands. Everyone in this market helps each other, we are like a family.

productive

customer service experiences long hours need to know the Chinese language friendly how to work with other people flexible schedules ..................

Pros

flexiable schedule

Cons

Fast-paced environment and lots of memorization

A typical day at work involved standing and checking out groceries for customers for 3-4 hours at a time, with 30 minute lunch/dinner breaks. Have to learn as many food names as possible in Mandarin and English, as well as their code for the system being used there.

Pros

Occasional free lunch & dinner, tax is excluded for employees

Cons

Hard on the hands, shoulders and feet

Productive and fun workplace

-my co-workers are very friendly and made my feel welcome -the hardest part of the job is to be able to update the price changes effectively and efficiently on the database -the most enjoyable part of the job is to be able to build my leadership and communication skills as an assistant manager

More difficult than technology is communication

My Big boss and shareholders knew nothing on computer system, they only said requirements, saw results and concerned how much funds had been invested in the project; my coding partner was proficient on programming, but he had a little knowledge in real business. Finally, when I saw the data flow went through portable device into the computer and was dispatched to different locations, I couldn't help recall the few hundred days which I worked with them, patiently listened to the requirements form on-site perpetrators, disputed with coding partner for certain function and concluded an agreement, answered managements and shareholders various questions in presentation. A word popped into my mind to depict this work experience: pain and enjoyment!

Pros

Many Challenges to improve the working capability.

Cons

Long Hours

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Btrust Supermarket?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Btrust Supermarket. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2