BSI Employee Reviews

Senior Health & Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  New Jersey, USA8 March 2019
Continuous corporate expansion gives room for personal growth and advancement.
There is a close relationship with supervisors and sector principals. This makes sharing of knowledge easier and valuable.
Very nice place to work and lots of nice and friendly people work there.
Renovation/Maintenance Handyman (Former Employee) –  Hemel Hempstead8 March 2019
Free coffee in the morning, Check my jobs-to-do-board and with the Maintenance Manager. gather material and tools for specific job. Lunch and carry with the job and if completed on to next job.

Management are very helpfully, polite and friendly.
Workplace Culture is like a matrix organisation all departments are helpful to each other.

Had to brake a huge Concrete platform and moving it to skip using large breaker and wheelbarrow.

Jobs are varied day by day and challenging at times,
Pros
Free Coffee all day long
Cons
Cant see one
not bad to start one's HR career
HR Advisor/Analyst (Former Employee) –  London27 February 2019
started as HR Admin and worked my way to HR Advisor/Analyst yet the management change of HR team has effected the operational way of working which started to be less enjoyable at later years of my employment. otherwise overall good company to work for for a short period of time I guess.
Pros
canteen, good company benefits
Cons
Fwa, career advancement & progression, salary
A great place to work
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based27 February 2019
I enjoyed working for the BSI and was there for almost 23 years. Problems occurred when I had a personal problem relating to my daughter's Anorexia Nervosa.
Pros
Good pay and a car.
Cons
Poor reaction to my problems with my daughter.
Enjoyable and friendly atmosphere
Work Experience Student (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, UK25 February 2019
I loved my two-week work experience at BSI as i learned many useful skills which can aid me in future jobs.
The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable.
Pros
friendly staff
BSI In a nutshell
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Home Based31 January 2019
Over 23 years I gained formal training and experience in many public and private companies in the UK, Europe and Worldwide. A fantastic company to work for and one to which I would be happy to return.
Excellence , world class business practices, continuosly improving
Lead auditor and instructor of Management Systems (Former Employee) –  Monterrey, N. L.29 January 2019
I recommend this organizarion for it’s ethics, respect to employees and diversity, promotion of research and constant evolution. Top Management is Results oriented and reviews development plans for it’s employees every year. I grew , learned, got inspired, trusted people and felt good overall.
Pros
Freedom to work and deliver your job.
Cons
For external resources, the reimbursment of travel expenses can get overdue for many days.
Challenge
Manager (Current Employee) –  London19 December 2018
BSI Group is a challenging organization to work for. Very siloed, non communicative between divisions. They are trying to fix it - but until certain personalities change that will not happen. Need to move out of the way the people that blockade the policy.
Blah
Product Editor (Former Employee) –  London31 October 2018
BSI was quite dry -- it's standards after all.

Very slow moving, very little pressure, and no stress.

Nice as a break from more stressful work environments, but after a while very boring.

People went out for lunch together on Fridays.

Difficult to progress within the oganisation. My experience was one where managers went out of their way to make sure you weren't mentored or prepared for subsequent roles.
Pros
Lots of leave, no over-time, reasonable work-loads, parking
Cons
Very dry, poor management mentoring
Bsi
EA to Group HR Director and Leadership Team (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London29 October 2018
BSI working in Executive Assistant/Business Support capacity supporting Group Executive level directors.
BSI services are designed to align with the steps individual clients need to take to understand what is best practice, how to achieve it and ensure that it remains an ongoing habit.
Flexible work place
Administrator (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2018
Great management who is typically understanding when it comes to personal life. A relaxed atmosphere majority of the time. Only downfall is that everyone is too far stretched
friendly, clean working environment
Accounts Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Finance13 October 2018
friendly, clean working environment. Busy but the time went really fast.
Canteens were well stocked and hot meals were available.
Flexible working hours meant the you could choose to work set hours.
Pros
Hot meals available
Cons
Two buses to get there
Over allis goo place for work
Client Manager & Trainer (Former Employee) –  Mumbai, Maharashtra25 September 2018
Good corporate policy ,Good working culture, good management, good training module, Really want to serve in true manner, client oriented company, forward looking
Pros
maximum process are using cloud based and best applications available in the market.
Great place to have worked
RME/Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CA19 September 2018
Good place to have worked - over way too soon. Very busy work environment with water damage, mold and construction. Very interesting projects and challenging environments.
Pros
Good work environment
good workplace culture
(BSI) - HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire1 September 2018
Friendly and approachable working environment. Working as a temporary member of staff, I was welcomed into the team and given sufficient training for the role.
bubbly and sweet workplace full dedicated workers
Assitant, WORK EXPERIENCE (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire6 August 2018
I only had my work experience there which i enjoyed very much. i had the opportunity to meet the CEO of the company as well as work in different departments of the company such as Finance area, Customer service, HR etc...

The workplace was very well managed and everyone got along well with each other.
Pros
Coffee machine
Temporary work
Account Assistant (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire13 June 2018
manager has distributed work via email. Email received from the client in regard to the invoices which was sent. 98% of those email are query. Client will like to cancel license, change address etc. I raise credit notes and invoices, liaising with different department to resolve the queries.

log all queries on the system and sending email to client in regard to their request.

i learn how to work under pressure constantly, there always work do to.
Job work/Life balance difficult to maintain
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Kolkata, West Bengal5 May 2018
Frequent traveling, no practical rest, everytime one should have to be system, lots of reporting process, six months advanced information to avail leave, personal life totally get disturb.
The office was a close commute creating a nice life balance
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Township of Jackson, NJ26 April 2018
A typical day involved managing the efforts of a staff of 10+ people and interfacing with clients. I learned about office culture and the kind of effort it takes to balance employee satisfaction and need with keeping a positive, productive organization moving. Hardest part of this job was dealing with the numerous business "opportunities" while keeping the organization moving properly. The more enjoyable part of this job was seeing the staff grow in skills and watching them grow professionally.
Pros
Close commute, nice office environment
Cons
Healthcare options were few.
Big Business, big name, big egos too.
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  United Kingdom18 April 2018
The management here really need to be more self aware, and stop hiding behind the company name.
Quite intimidating style of management, poor communication and selfish , insensitive management team.
that believe in what they say goes, not open to negotiation.
Pros
great offices
Cons
Long hours, arrogant management.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at BSI. Our community is ready to answer.