Bruyère Continuing Care
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Working at Bruyère Continuing Care: Latest Bruyère Continuing Care Reviews

Canada62 reviews

staffteamcareenvironmentplaceworkinggoodgreat

Bruyère is an awesome place to work!

Bruyère is an awesome place to work with amazing people, patients and plans for the future. With historical roots as being the first hospital in Ottawa, you can feel the amazing culture and mission within the organization. The people that I get to work with are passionate about their patients, and our patients are warriors on the road to recovery. Overall, Bruyère is an AMAZING place to work!

Lack of consideration for people working there

Even if you applied for a full-time job (on the same floor same unit as indicated on your job offer) they move you to another unit at the last minute ALL THE TIME. Bruyere does not respect your contract. Your experience won't be safe for patients and you, because going to places you don't know is stressful.Colleagues with seniority won't help you to get info in general BUT those same people will prefer to report you on things you are not even aware of doing... So you get blamed, frustrated and lose confidence. There is absolutely NO SUPPORT from management nor staffing while you alert them about critical situations like understaffed situations, meals not given to patients... Finally, this is the only place I know in my entire career as a nurse where you do EVERYTHING with patients: wash them from A to Z because NO PCA making our days harder and risky for patients, difficult assignments interactions with the staff, admissions...and trash too. For the same salary rate, you can have much better somewhere else. I highly don't recommend this place to anyone, except if you want to lose your CNO's certification.

Insights into Bruyère Continuing Care

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Fair pay for job
  • Clear sense of purpose
Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Energizing work tasks

good job for Uni students

for the Work/Pay/hours ratio, it is a very good job, especially if you are in University. As long as you are a fun person and work hard you will do quite well here.

Pros

Good Pay, Good Scheduling, Good amount of work for the $

Cons

Sometimes very Fast Paced, Union job so.. working harder = more work as your reward

Caring culture of people doing important work for the community

Bruyere has incredible people and they are what stand out about the organization. Right now, because of pandemic there is a lot of extra work to be done but I find it rewarding. Where better to feel like you're helping your community get though COVID than in Healthcare?

Pros

Amazing pension plan (HOOPP), very good group benefits (Health, Dental, etc.), Gym facilities, nice people/culture

Cons

Technologically behind but steps are being taken to improve in this area. High work volumes.

I love working in this company. Good salary. Very heavy on the floor but you can find help everytime. They have special team to help you if you need assistance. My overall experience was good.

Pros

Good salary and benefits

Cons

Heavy

Bruyere review

Working as a practical nurse at Bruyere has been a good training experience. The learning process is supported by more experienced nursing staff and a nurse educators . The job is full care. Hygiene care, patient transfer, medication administration, patient advocate, assessments, documentation, wound care. All of these accomplished within a time parameter.The work is heavy because the patients are heavy and have comorbidity. More PCA are needed to help with the physical demands.

Cons

Not enough PCA to assist with heavy work load.

Travail valorisant

Bruyère offre un travail valorisant. Le travail d'équipe est très présent avec un atmosphère de famille.

Good organization to work at.

Very collaborative teams, managers are very supportive of the staff. Some units are more stressful and 'heavy' than other floors. The work environment is comfortable.

Great friendly environment

A great learning environment with more open-minded access to certain resources wherein another place would be very limited. This, in turn, broadens your learning curve and exposes to many different types of systems.

Productive and fun environment

This organisation is very well organised and productive in the work place. The management team is very supportive and is fun to work with. I personally think that Bruyère is the best work environment that I have worked in my career.

Toxique

Après un certain temps , on s’aperçoit que l’atmosphère est toxique, promotion pour des gens sans diplôme payé le même salaire contrairement à d’autres qui étudie pour ce genre de poste . Dommage mais il y a une “clique” manque de reconnaissance. La majorité des directeurs brassent des nuages. Les poste sont pas définie équitablement. Aucune possibilité d’avancement, Beacoup de manager corrompu,Beaucoup

Good.

A full filling career.Staff was great to work with , helpful and great communication through out . I would reccomend anyone to work there, good benifits.

St. Vincent hospital

Took care of patients social needs. Brought them to games, served them ice cream, walked around the hospital with them. Made some friends while taking care of these patients.

Pros

Slow placed

Cons

Emotional

Loved my job at Bruyere!

Fast paced job, that could become quite stressful at times, however the great teamwork, financial compensation and supportive management made it all worth it!

Great experience, I worked alongside patients and long term residents. Long term residents offered me experience to plan activities and duties to strengthen my experiences.

conducive work environment

people are really helpful and help you increase your productivity. the teams are collaborative and help pursue al your interests. the work environment is also diverse the institutes also have a lot of enriching activities like workshops, employee appreciation events, summer workshops, etc.

Awesome

Really great place to work for I have nothing bad to say the people are awesome the team work is incredibly and everything runs smooth management is always there to help.

Fast paced job and I love it

I really enjoy working at Bruyère Continuing Care, and Saint-Vincent Hospital, I meet a lot of people,staff and personnel are really pleasant to work with, working in telecommunication is a very fast paced job and I really love it.

Health care

Great place to work, but can be very stressful working in health care. You get to impact patient care no matter what your role. Parking can be an issue, depending on your site

Bruyere CCC

Bruyere is evolving with great opportunities for so many! A great team to work with. Sub-acute care gives people a chance to get better and to get home. This can be a solution to stop hallway medicine!

great

It is a busy place. Interesting patient case, good place for new nurses to starting working. It is my first nursing job and I got learn a lot with the cooperative team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bruyère Continuing Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement