Bruyère Continuing Care

Bruyère Continuing Care Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
Good.
A full filling career.Staff was great to work with , helpful and great communication through out .
I would reccomend anyone to work there, good benifits.
Good organization to work at.
Very collaborative teams, managers are very supportive of the staff. Some units are more stressful and 'heavy' than other floors. The work environment is comfortable.
Great friendly environment
A great learning environment with more open-minded access to certain resources wherein another place would be very limited. This, in turn, broadens your learning curve and exposes to many different types of systems.
Toxique
Après un certain temps , on s’aperçoit que l’atmosphère est toxique, promotion pour des gens sans diplôme payé le même salaire contrairement à d’autres qui étudie pour ce genre de poste . Dommage mais il y a une “clique” manque de reconnaissance. La majorité des directeurs brassent des nuages. Les poste sont pas définie équitablement. Aucune possibilité d’avancement, Beacoup de manager corrompu,Beaucoup
Loved my job at Bruyere!
Fast paced job, that could become quite stressful at times, however the great teamwork, financial compensation and supportive management made it all worth it!
Awesome
Really great place to work for I have nothing bad to say the people are awesome the team work is incredibly and everything runs smooth management is always there to help.
Fast paced job and I love it
I really enjoy working at Bruyère Continuing Care, and Saint-Vincent Hospital, I meet a lot of people,staff and personnel are really pleasant to work with, working in telecommunication is a very fast paced job and I really love it.
Health care
Great place to work, but can be very stressful working in health care.
You get to impact patient care no matter what your role.

Parking can be an issue, depending on your site
Bruyere CCC
Bruyere is evolving with great opportunities for so many! A great team to work with. Sub-acute care gives people a chance to get better and to get home. This can be a solution to stop hallway medicine!
It's all for the patients
Very fast paced work environment and all about team work to make patients and residents long term care quality better. Many positions to learn and build your experience, knowledge and skills in the workplace.
Pros
Very flexible with schedules
Cons
No benefits till full-time
Good starting point for new nurses
Bruyere continuing care is a terrific place for new nurses to get some confidence handling difficult caseloads. The skills you utilize are chronic in nature (trachs, gastro tubes, wounds, dialysis, etc). Most of the staff are older RPNs who were grandfathered into the new facility when it stopped being a nursing home. Teamwork is not very strong; there are few PSWs to assist with care duties (which is heavy in nature as most patients are totally dependent); there are 2 or 3 managers who manage their unit well; managers nor educators are required to have more than BScN education (usually this requires masters); 8 hour shifts are easier to do than 12s, however you work more days in a week which can be draining. Ultimately the establishment is not one to boast a positive reputation. It is a great place for new nurses to quickly obtain full-time positions, but I don't recommend it long term.
used to be fun
since 2012 SO many jobs got cut over budget. 100's of good workers lost their jobs while Managers still makes $100,000 a year doing nothing all day.

i miss the days when it was fun, now EVERYONE is over worked.

good pay BUT if not full time or in the union, 0 benefits, no paid vacation times, no sick days....basictly nothing!
Pros
good pay
Great place
My working environment is one where there's a good sense of team spirit. A strong work ethic is obviously important but the human side is also important. I enjoy working with people who have a decent sense of humour and who, while they might take their work very seriously, don't necessarily take themselves overly seriously! I like people who are down to earth but who have a dynamic and progressive approach to their work. I really enjoy working as part of a highly committed and professional team.
New to this company
New to the company, not sure that I can provide an adequate review at this time.

complex continuing care

tracheostomy care

wound care

rehabilitation care
Good work/life balance & culture
Very strong culture. Really believe in the work they do. Flexible in terms of scheduling and offers a lot of education opportunities. Strong French environment.
heart warming and nice atmosphere
The patients at Bryuere are some of the nicest people I have yet to meet. I would see them everyday for some coffee, scratch tickets, soup etc... It makes you feel good to be able to contribute
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Hours
New management leadership
Don’t have clear goals and can’t prioritize their workload effectively, meaning that projects and tasks get completed in the wrong order.

The leaders are afraid to recognize their own failures, They do not lead by example and having transparency with any team if you do something wrong or make a bad decision can go a long way.
Pros
Excellent pension plan and benefits
Cons
Work environment
family cultured
great place to learn! family oriented.. its very multi cultural and open to various religious and cultural background! i would recommend this place to other people looking to work in healthcare.
Productive and Fun Place to Work at
I love dealing with patients, and always tend to put a smile on each and every single one of them. My colleagues are very friendly and provide me with full support. There is no stress on you as long as you get your job done. The shifts are not very long, and honestly, I love working there.
Pros
Friendly colleagues
Cons
Repetitive
A great place to work!!!
I am a former employee and I really enjoyed working at Bruyère Continuing Care! The most special things are the employees and the organizational culture. It really feels like you are part of a big family, you feel like home!

Salaries and benefits are excellent, they encourage work-life balance and employee growth. I wouldn't hesitate about going back!!
Pros
Coworkers, organizational culture, location, salary and benefits
Do not apply here for work.
This organization treats their employees like garbage. Occupational health treats injured employees like criminals and force workers back to the job before they are ready. No support is given to new staff. They are constantly hiring new grads. .. red flag right there. Staff turnover is very high. I highly recommend you stay clear of this place.