Brunswick News

Brunswick News Employee Reviews

More like an Income Supplement
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB11 November 2019
The work environment was great, helps with customer service and organization. The only thing about this job was it is more like a side job to supplement your income. Particularly if you are a Newspaper Carrier. Otherwise, not a bad jon.
Routined works place
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 September 2019
The environment in this office is very structure. always the same deadlines, always the same papers every day of the week. We would rarely hear good comments about of job well done but hear a lot more about mistake we would've made. not very motivating place to work at.
Selfish Employer
Line Haul Driver (Former Employee) –  Campbellton, NB8 September 2019
I would not recommend working for this company. I was driving on bad summer tires through winter storms . I was told if I didn't, someone else would.
They employ so many people in N.B. that they know they can make their own ( unsafe) rules without consequence.
While my fellow workers were great to work with , management are unsympathetic . All that matters to management is profits and the budget.
Strong teamwork
Editor-in-Chief, New Brunswick Telegraph-Journal (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB10 August 2019
Recommended as a place to work, regardless of position or location in NB. Good opportunities for advancement and for job training. Very cooperative job culture.
Pros
Committed to the industry.
Micro manage way too bad
Senior Representative (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB31 July 2019
Managers are very aggressive and we have no work life balance, it's a very pressured environment and we only receive something when we do wrong and nothing is said when we do right
Great place to work, very fast paced environment
Head of Marketing, CRM & Consumer Insights (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB15 July 2019
Best Boss, best work profile, in-house marketing, brand and advertising. The owners are awesome people who care for their employees. THe workplace environment has both entrepreneurial and large organization culture.
sales lead company
Advertising Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 September 2018
Enjoyed my work everyday at this company.
Made great money, but on call 24/7
loved the selling part of the job.I would have retired here, made alot of friends and contacts during my time there. Learnt sales techniques from some very bright people.
Pros
Freeedom
Cons
employee recognition
Never too late to Improve
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB31 August 2018
Except for the two Directors I worked for, the Management is not empowering at all. Too slow at decision making. Great for gaining some experience, but no work culture or role of HR at all.
Awesome place
Production Worker & Mailer (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB16 August 2018
I worked here for years. I was treated very well. I received promotions, raises and was treated like family. They paid OT when needed. I applaud this place. If you want a job with great co-workers, management and supervisors, apply at this place.
Pros
Great management, supervisors and collegues
Cons
Sometimes long hours during Christmas
great experience
Customer Service Representative/ Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB27 July 2018
Happy to have spent my years as a customer service agent had a great manager at the time. Staff change over occurs weekly and hard to get staff to stay. I had the best manager anyone could ask for while a csr but unfortunately changes happen and nothing stays
Pros
free parking in downtown location
Cons
too much staff change
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB19 May 2018
The job itself is good, the issues is with senior management, very unrealistic expectations. KPI's are unacheivable, appears they have set them up this way to avoid paying bonus.
The toughest part of the job is not given the tools required to be successful.
The best part of the job is the people you work with.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay
was fun getting up early and walking thru the neighbourhood
Paper Boy (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB16 May 2018
I used to deliver paper all around riverview when is was younger. it was a great way to learn about how jobs are. it was really fun and i enjoyed it so i was quick.
Not a company i qould referr people too.
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 April 2018
I did work for this company in one of the worst winters in moncton. 2015 the 5ft snow drifts I was walking in, a was given grief for not putting paper in the spots, as if I could dig out 5ft of snow to get into a door. I was treated very poorly.
Easy starting job
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 February 2018
Must be willing to get up early every morning no matter what the weather conditions are and deliver papers. Walking distances can be long but perfect for a first job.
Horrible Bosses
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 January 2018
Unethical practices and uneducated Managers. No reviews from staff on Managers so their bosses never know how incompetent they are. They belittle you and the stress level is so uncomfortable.
Great Place to learn and grow.
Production Worker/Supervisor/Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 November 2017
Overall great place to work at and grow.
Some of my responsibilities were:
Operating & maintaining Production Equipment
Employee Scheduling
Drove forklifts sit on and stand up Raymonds
Payroll
Production Reports
Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel /Word/ Email)
Experience with Google Chrome Drive (Email / Spreadsheets / Documents)
Troubleshooting
Organizing and employee assignments
Decision making that impacted production
Direct Supervision over production
Coaching/Motivating/Training/ Feedback to Employees
Communication & Prioritizing with management and the employees.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Very good
Delivery (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 November 2017
Give training to get employed quickly, timely grasp of customer dynamics and allow employees to promptly correct.
Timely payment of wages. Will remind staff to pay attention to the weather changes , safety work.
Fun
Paper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Riverview, NB10 September 2017
It was a fun place to work, but the low pay ruined it all for me. I did enjoy delivering the papers though. I got up at 5:30 every morning. got the papers ready, and was out the door to deliver at 6:15. The hardest pat was probably the weight of the bag with 30+ papers in it. I did love just going out early mornings and getting exercise
Pros
Exercise, waking up early
Cons
Low pay
Great place to grow.
Production Worker/Supervisor/Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 July 2017
A typical day at work would start off with checking e-mails as I prepared for the daily 8:00 AM meeting with the other managers. During these meetings anything that would impact production would be discussed including planning ahead and dealing with any issues needed.Would then work with the employees including appointing assignments for the workers go over reports on previous runs results and planning for the day and week ahead. I would do a lot of floor supervision with other Supervisors and take the time to encourage and help others when needed. Would also work with other departments to help with the success of overall production, would do scheduling and payroll. Overall I grew as a person, worker and leader.
Environnement raisonnable.
Production/Courrier et circulaires (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 June 2017
L'atmosphère dans cet établissement est plutôt raisonnable.