Brunswick News Employee Reviews

Not a company i qould referr people too.
Letter Carrier (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 April 2018
I did work for this company in one of the worst winters in moncton. 2015 the 5ft snow drifts I was walking in, a was given grief for not putting paper in the spots, as if I could dig out 5ft of snow to get into a door. I was treated very poorly.
Easy starting job
Newspaper Carrier (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB8 February 2018
Must be willing to get up early every morning no matter what the weather conditions are and deliver papers. Walking distances can be long but perfect for a first job.
Horrible Bosses
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 January 2018
Unethical practices and uneducated Managers. No reviews from staff on Managers so their bosses never know how incompetent they are. They belittle you and the stress level is so uncomfortable.
Great Place to learn and grow.
Production Worker/Supervisor/Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 November 2017
Overall great place to work at and grow.
Some of my responsibilities were:
Operating & maintaining Production Equipment
Employee Scheduling
Drove forklifts sit on and stand up Raymonds
Payroll
Production Reports
Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel /Word/ Email)
Experience with Google Chrome Drive (Email / Spreadsheets / Documents)
Troubleshooting
Organizing and employee assignments
Decision making that impacted production
Direct Supervision over production
Coaching/Motivating/Training/ Feedback to Employees
Communication & Prioritizing with management and the employees.
Pros
Opportunity to grow
Very good
Delivery (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB19 November 2017
Give training to get employed quickly, timely grasp of customer dynamics and allow employees to promptly correct.
Timely payment of wages. Will remind staff to pay attention to the weather changes , safety work.
Great place to grow.
Production Worker/Supervisor/Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 July 2017
A typical day at work would start off with checking e-mails as I prepared for the daily 8:00 AM meeting with the other managers. During these meetings anything that would impact production would be discussed including planning ahead and dealing with any issues needed.Would then work with the employees including appointing assignments for the workers go over reports on previous runs results and planning for the day and week ahead. I would do a lot of floor supervision with other Supervisors and take the time to encourage and help others when needed. Would also work with other departments to help with the success of overall production, would do scheduling and payroll. Overall I grew as a person, worker and leader.
Environnement raisonnable.
Production/Courrier et circulaires (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 June 2017
L'atmosphère dans cet établissement est plutôt raisonnable.
Non applicable
ACCOUNTING CLERK (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB25 March 2017
Ambiance de travail tres non-chalante. Aucune chance de promotions ou de perfectionnement professionnel ou personnel.
Département déménagé a St-Jean, NB.
not the best place
Deliver Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB13 May 2016
Not the best place I worked as the hours they gave you were 3am to 7am and the money wasn't the best for what you did as you had to use your own vehicle and no extra money for the maintenance on it
Pros
coworkers were nice
Cons
not enough money to live
Fast paced work environment
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 February 2016
able to work unsupervised
travelling between NB cities dealing with distribution centers
negotiating with drivers and creating new routes
Pros
Salary and Benefits excellent
Cons
3am calls for trucks being down
fun
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 December 2015
well I get up at 3am mon to sat moring pick news paper the I bag them then I deliver them door to door 210 paper ever day

the hards part was the snow day driver around
Cons
3 hour a day
Suffering Company
District Manager of Circulation (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB8 November 2015
Due to the falling interest in the printed paper, this business was starting to suffer badly. Unfortunately due to poor management and a very low interest in staff well being, this company became very difficult to work for. Increased budget cuts caused extremely poor job stability, which in turn caused very low staff moral.
I don't feel this company can come back from the hardships that befell it and brought upon it's self.
Pros
Full time position
Cons
staff neglect, poor job stability, poor management.
Pleasure to go to work daily
National Sales Manager/ Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 April 2015
A perfect balance for a Family individual. Respected and appreciated. Would only be too proud to be employed with Brunswick News in the future. Loved this job. Started most days with reading and process emails from most important to important based on their publishing dates the client requested. Communicate to many customers daily as I continued to building a very strong and trusting relationship. Respected each clients requested and explained in an honest manner if things were possible. Worked with a very productive team with in out department and respected each departments time line deadlines and worked diligently with the Press room's time lines so there were never advertising that was late for production. Worked hard, manages your time and enjoyed every task performed. A great group of co-workers makes a great group of people to spend your day with. When over time was required, we were always rewarded with a paid meal and time off for the hours worked. Very fair!!!
Pros
Respected, appreciated, trusted your opinion
Cons
Can not think of anything
Plenty of advancment opportunity
Complaints Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB13 April 2014
Worked there for four years and had four promotions. Trianing opportunities are great, managers when I was employed were excellent, was a fun place to work.
Cons
pay was to low
Mentally demanding position
Classifieds Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB24 March 2014
A typical day at work for the most part is good. Most of the co-workers and management are great to be around, but there is always one or two to spoil the bunch. It's a good place to work with lots of friendly people to help you along the way.
Advertising Sales Specialist
Advertising Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB22 January 2013
In the newspaper advertising game, it is very important to have each day planned accordingly, Everyday there is a deadline for the next day's newspaper at 4:30pm Atl time. It is imperative that you have a very close rapport built with all your clients, that way you understand they're advertising needs and have they're business advertising on a frequency basis. I enjoyed my mangers, I was a top earner however I did not want any special treatment, I also have helped new employees and some that were struggling at the time either with a little motivation, or a few simple things that could payoff big. I enjoy leading by example. My managers certainly did respect me for that and I knew it was not my role to help others however I am a team oriented person, it's my nature to help anyone whatever the case may be, as long as they want to help and better themselves. It's very unfortunate, I had to part ways as I was a very ill young man and I need time to get healthy again, I parted ways on excellent terms with the intention on returning. Times & Transcript in Moncton had no desk, phone or computer for me, however I was offered the same role at the Telegraph Journal in Saint John and The Daily Gleaner in Fredericton. I am not to interested on moving to Saint John. My resume and information is on file at the Times. There was not much I did not like about Brunswick News Inc
Pros
building rapport with clients, refferals from clients who you did very great things for, i met alot of great co-workers who i am happy to call friends now.
Cons
end of the month (sales period) to get the extra sales, that will push you over 100% of your monthly sales target
Diverse experience
News Editor (Former Employee) –  Miramichi, NB30 May 2012
For recent journalism graduates seeking exposure to a diversity of experiences in print and online journalism, this can be a first stepping stone.