Bruce Power

Bruce Power Employee Reviews in Tiverton, ON

Tiverton, ON65 reviews
Amazing place to work, Anyone that loves working as a team and loves to know that safety is put before anything else, This is the ultimate place to work.

Culture is awesome, a great diversity of people brings broad opportunity and positivity to the workplace

We are all nuclear professionals on and off the job.
Pros
Amazing Company
Cons
cant think of any
Nuclear is the solution to global warming and Nuclear demands the best quality people. There is no room for error and very high standards for technical and craftsmanship.
There is plenty of opportunity to perform in operations, maintenance or support organizations.
It's like a small city, a community and we all have the same goal: Safety. Apart from the production and maintenance (ie. work), it is about the camaraderie.
Pros
rewarding in every way
Cons
can be slow going
safety first is well pronounced in everything you do, so as a worker, you have to emulate this in every task and responsibility you carry out. Effective 3 way communication is well carried out too.
Bruce was a very accepting work environment for a student coming into the field in a co-op capacity. I greatly enjoyed my time there, and would highly recommend considering Bruce Power as an Employer.
Bruce Power is a great place to work. Colleagues and Management are very supportive with a collaborative environment. Great work experience and learning environment.
The staff during my co-op was always willing to teach me plant processes and ensured that I always understood and could repeat the processes on different occasions.
Whenever there was something interesting my coworkers would actively try and have me engaged. My supervisors would put me on jobs and actively communicate with me. the management was kind and friendly which made me feel welcome.
On site for over 18 years I gained professional and personal experiences I am grateful for. I am proud of the work I did there and would guardedly recommend people to work there - depending on the occupation.
Working here was fun and since it's in a small town, more time is dedicated to work. Organization culture within Bruce Power is strong and the people are fun loving.
I had a great time working at this place as an operator in training. I learned a lot from operational perspective. Safety is the utmost important and everyone adhered to procedures with extensive knowledge of variety of systems. It is perhaps the only place where many operators come from power, nuclear, chemical, mechanical, and system design engineering backgrounds.
I had amazing co-workers too who really care about each other. It is indeed a great place to work!
loved my job at BP. people were great to work with. team atmosphere. good working hours. busy environment. learned a lot about their procedures and processes.
Pros
flexible
Cons
cafeteria too expensive - bring own lunch
Bruce Power PMC is a well run organization with clearly identified responsibilities and accountabilities. Staff have a good work ethic and work for the best of the company.
All companies have a safety first policy. When you work at a company you see first hand. Bruce Power several times would shut down a unit due to safety concern & senior management recognizes as standard. Nice to know as Bruce Power is the largest nuclear site in the world.
Pros
Safety, serious about following processes & procedures.
Cons
I believe more focus on continuous improvement would improve productivity & boost morale
Large complex company with professional people. Safety is number one. Benefits and pension are second to none. Many different positions to apply to. Salary!
Pros
Facilities
Cons
middle of nowhere
One can only appreciate and be thankful for the opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve. Bruce power provides such opportunities.
Pros
diversity
Cons
Na
Bruce Power is a workplace where 100% compliance of process and procedures are essential to ensure target zero/ goal zero outcome. Any error or error likely situation can have impact to public safety as any nuclear emission can have hazardous effect to public.
Pros
Work life balnce
Cons
At times following rigorous process slows down progress
At my time working for Bruce Power, I learned a lot of things that were engineering-related. A typical day of work would consist of organizing the database for components, reviewing documents, and providing assistance on technical work. What I mostly learned was how to implement new strategies based on the software I learned to use, and I learned how to write up reports for technical work. Management was extremely helpful and there was never a time where I was doubtful about the work I did or found myself with nothing to do. There was always something to do. The workplace culture heavily revolved around communication and meetings, which is where I learned about a big bulk of the information for work. The hardest part of the job was learning the acronyms that go around the workplace. Even with 1 year working there, I still did not have time to learn all the acronyms, but the ones that were the most relevant to me were the ones I was most familiar with. The most enjoyable part of the job was performing calculations for the technical reports that I had to write and present to my co-workers/management and also communicating with co-workers about any inquiries I had or asking for work to assist in.
Pros
Great hours, Great people, and meeting new people/other interns
Cons
Weather Advisory Website (i.e., snow day notifications)
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Bruce Power. Bruce Power is a solid company to work for and endlessly continues to support the communities that surround it.
Working in the nuclear industry was great as I am a nuclear engineer by qualification. There was alot to learn and people working at Bruce Power are very friendly and eager to teach young people.
Since this was a co-op I was not being paid so it made for hard night shifts and shifts on weekends. I also was not allowed to do some of the training but the people I worked with engaged me in everything they could. The work was interesting.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Nights