Bruce Power

Bruce Power Employee Reviews

Generally a good place to grow as a junior engineer or apprentice. You are treated well and have job protection if you are a full time employee for the company. Not so for contracted staff, who work excessive hours But can be mistreated Or abruptly terminated for making mistakes under sever pressure.The work environment is less formal than places of similar businesses I worked for. However management is only worried about their own image and have no hesitation to fire people who won’t cover for their over-commitment. The company does good deeds for the community and does create jobs for the economy.
Pros
Relaxed environment for full timer, lots of jobs
Cons
No job security for contractors, remote, management
Amazing place to work, Anyone that loves working as a team and loves to know that safety is put before anything else, This is the ultimate place to work. Culture is awesome, a great diversity of people brings broad opportunity and positivity to the workplace We are all nuclear professionals on and off the job.
Pros
Amazing Company
Cons
cant think of any
Nuclear is the solution to global warming and Nuclear demands the best quality people. There is no room for error and very high standards for technical and craftsmanship. There is plenty of opportunity to perform in operations, maintenance or support organizations.
It's like a small city, a community and we all have the same goal: Safety. Apart from the production and maintenance (ie. work), it is about the camaraderie.
Pros
rewarding in every way
Cons
can be slow going
safety first is well pronounced in everything you do, so as a worker, you have to emulate this in every task and responsibility you carry out. Effective 3 way communication is well carried out too.
It is very worth experience to work in Bruce power. There were a lot of training and a good place to gain new experiences. People there were very professional ant try to help each other to make the environment very professional and productive.
Bruce was a very accepting work environment for a student coming into the field in a co-op capacity. I greatly enjoyed my time there, and would highly recommend considering Bruce Power as an Employer.
Duties of the job explained well and excellent safety procedures on every job situation. Preparation for each days duties and required safety procedures were gone over every morning before the days duties were preformed . All aspects of the days duties were gone over in great detail.
Bruce Power is a great place to work. Colleagues and Management are very supportive with a collaborative environment. Great work experience and learning environment.
I've been worked in BP for 18 months as a temp. Their pay is higher than market average, but union rules are not allow for extention form temp and contract.
The staff during my co-op was always willing to teach me plant processes and ensured that I always understood and could repeat the processes on different occasions.
Whenever there was something interesting my coworkers would actively try and have me engaged. My supervisors would put me on jobs and actively communicate with me. the management was kind and friendly which made me feel welcome.
Bruce Power although well paid, provides little support for managers and disregards work life balance. Work environment toxic and culture very much associated to those born and raised in the area.
On site for over 18 years I gained professional and personal experiences I am grateful for. I am proud of the work I did there and would guardedly recommend people to work there - depending on the occupation.
Working here was fun and since it's in a small town, more time is dedicated to work. Organization culture within Bruce Power is strong and the people are fun loving.
I had a great time working at this place as an operator in training. I learned a lot from operational perspective. Safety is the utmost important and everyone adhered to procedures with extensive knowledge of variety of systems. It is perhaps the only place where many operators come from power, nuclear, chemical, mechanical, and system design engineering backgrounds. I had amazing co-workers too who really care about each other. It is indeed a great place to work!
loved my job at BP. people were great to work with. team atmosphere. good working hours. busy environment. learned a lot about their procedures and processes.
Pros
flexible
Cons
cafeteria too expensive - bring own lunch
If your not worried about job satisfaction because you rarely see a job to its finish. And deal with all the red tape required just to start your job for the day.
Pros
they pay good
Cons
Days feel like weeks, weeks feel like years
Bruce Power PMC is a well run organization with clearly identified responsibilities and accountabilities. Staff have a good work ethic and work for the best of the company.
All companies have a safety first policy. When you work at a company you see first hand. Bruce Power several times would shut down a unit due to safety concern & senior management recognizes as standard. Nice to know as Bruce Power is the largest nuclear site in the world.
Pros
Safety, serious about following processes & procedures.
Cons
I believe more focus on continuous improvement would improve productivity & boost morale
Large complex company with professional people. Safety is number one. Benefits and pension are second to none. Many different positions to apply to. Salary!
Pros
Facilities
Cons
middle of nowhere
  1. Employee reviews