Bruce Power

Bruce Power Employee Reviews

Canada86 reviews
Make a real difference for climate change but only If you have excellent standards
Nuclear is the solution to global warming and Nuclear demands the best quality people. There is no room for error and very high standards for technical and craftsmanship.
There is plenty of opportunity to perform in operations, maintenance or support organizations.
Two words: Family Team
It's like a small city, a community and we all have the same goal: Safety. Apart from the production and maintenance (ie. work), it is about the camaraderie.
Pros
rewarding in every way
Cons
can be slow going
safety first
safety first is well pronounced in everything you do, so as a worker, you have to emulate this in every task and responsibility you carry out. Effective 3 way communication is well carried out too.
Productive place to work
It is very worth experience to work in Bruce power. There were a lot of training and a good place to gain new experiences. People there were very professional ant try to help each other to make the environment very professional and productive.
Great Work Environment
Bruce was a very accepting work environment for a student coming into the field in a co-op capacity. I greatly enjoyed my time there, and would highly recommend considering Bruce Power as an Employer.
Would recommend working for Bruce Power to anyone in the skilled trades.
Duties of the job explained well and excellent safety procedures on every job situation. Preparation for each days duties and required safety procedures were gone over every morning before the days duties were preformed . All aspects of the days duties were gone over in great detail.
Learning and performing environment
Bruce Power is a great place to work. Colleagues and Management are very supportive with a collaborative environment. Great work experience and learning environment.
Good company with higher pay
I've been worked in BP for 18 months as a temp. Their pay is higher than market average, but union rules are not allow for extention form temp and contract.
Awesome Learning Experience
The staff during my co-op was always willing to teach me plant processes and ensured that I always understood and could repeat the processes on different occasions.
Actively worked to better my knowledge of the trade
Whenever there was something interesting my coworkers would actively try and have me engaged. My supervisors would put me on jobs and actively communicate with me. the management was kind and friendly which made me feel welcome.
Unproductive work place
Bruce Power although well paid, provides little support for managers and disregards work life balance. Work environment toxic and culture very much associated to those born and raised in the area.
Bruce Power is a diverse workplace
On site for over 18 years I gained professional and personal experiences I am grateful for. I am proud of the work I did there and would guardedly recommend people to work there - depending on the occupation.
Productive and fun place to work
Working here was fun and since it's in a small town, more time is dedicated to work. Organization culture within Bruce Power is strong and the people are fun loving.
excellent training and amazing co-workers
I had a great time working at this place as an operator in training. I learned a lot from operational perspective. Safety is the utmost important and everyone adhered to procedures with extensive knowledge of variety of systems. It is perhaps the only place where many operators come from power, nuclear, chemical, mechanical, and system design engineering backgrounds.
I had amazing co-workers too who really care about each other. It is indeed a great place to work!
good place to work
loved my job at BP. people were great to work with. team atmosphere. good working hours. busy environment. learned a lot about their procedures and processes.
Pros
flexible
Cons
cafeteria too expensive - bring own lunch
Lots of long slow days
If your not worried about job satisfaction because you rarely see a job to its finish. And deal with all the red tape required just to start your job for the day.
Pros
they pay good
Cons
Days feel like weeks, weeks feel like years
Bruce Power PMC: Good organization.
Bruce Power PMC is a well run organization with clearly identified responsibilities and accountabilities. Staff have a good work ethic and work for the best of the company.
Great place to work. Safety first
All companies have a safety first policy. When you work at a company you see first hand. Bruce Power several times would shut down a unit due to safety concern & senior management recognizes as standard. Nice to know as Bruce Power is the largest nuclear site in the world.
Pros
Safety, serious about following processes & procedures.
Cons
I believe more focus on continuous improvement would improve productivity & boost morale
Great people
Large complex company with professional people. Safety is number one. Benefits and pension are second to none. Many different positions to apply to. Salary!
Pros
Facilities
Cons
middle of nowhere
Good work environment
I found my time at Bruce Power to be enjoyable and interesting. Management was of a high calibre working well with personnel. The training was excellent both for the workers and for management which lead to little to no disagreements that couldn't be sorted out within hours. Very nice place to work as a contractor for we were treated the same.
Great opportunity
One can only appreciate and be thankful for the opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve. Bruce power provides such opportunities.
Pros
diversity
Cons
Na