Bruce Power Employee Reviews

Very laid back and easy-going workplace.
Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ON25 February 2019
More focused on work quality over quantity. everybody seemed to get along very well and the culture was amazing. I was relocated many time to expand my experience there as much as possible giving that it was a high school co-op.
Pros
You have time to make sure the job you are doing is they best you can do.
Cons
It was only a co-op
Excellent place to work
Instrumentation and Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON11 February 2019
Excellent place to work. Treat employees very fairly and do not overload them with stressful work. Very slow paced environment that stresses safety greatly.
Resonable Place to work
Project Controls Reporting Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tiverton, ON11 February 2019
Not too much learning but stable place to work with a goof pay. The leadership can be old school which limits the organizations ability to thrive using modern methods of operation.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Section Manager - Business Services Administration (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON11 February 2019
Bruce Power is an employer with incredible safety values for both employee and public safety. Equal opportunity exists for employees with a higher than average wage scale for this area.
good safety culture
Section Manager, Engineering (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON4 February 2019
It is a good company to work for, where the fundamentals are reinforced every day. The positions have always represented a opportunity for continuous self development and improvement. Highly technical, educated and proficient workforce
Friendly Environment
Production Manager ℅ Compass Group Canada (Current Employee) –  Tiverton, ON21 January 2019
Good place to work everyone respects each other. Everybody treats you the way you would want to be treated. Bruce Power makes sure all staff are treated equally.
Great company to work
Developmental Student (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON8 January 2019
I was a development student there for 16 months on the MCR program. It was a superb experience, got to learn a lot and meet some awesome people.

Great company to work for! They really love developing and training their employees. They have very high safety standards as well as quality.
Well organized workplace with a wide variety of job experiences
College Co-op Student (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON3 January 2019
During my co-op term at Bruce Power I got see the ins and outs of the mechanical maintenance section of the facility. During my placement I was given the opportunity to take part in many different jobs around the facility that allowed to me practice and expand on the skills I learned in college. The management was very approachable every time I had a question or needed assistance. The maintenance staff I worked alongside made me feel like a part of the team and were always willing to give advice and teach me new things. The hardest part of the job was leaving at the end of my work term.
Pros
Great hours, superb career mobility, friendly co-workers
Terrible culture: fear and intimidation
Contractor/Project/Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON18 December 2018
Management is aggressive, disrespectful, a terrible environment for professionals. People are disposable, no long term view. The worst company culture I have experienced, and I have been in quite a few.
Excellent location to work, high skill and safe environment
Contractor Administration (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON27 October 2018
Bruce Power has operated a safe and innovative work environment for two decades, they continue to improve as an employer and leader in the Nuclear industry. The company is also very supportive of entrepreneurs and charities.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Great place to work, very busytimes, lots of opportunities to learn.
Training Specialist (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  Tiverton, ON15 October 2018
I have held a number of positions in the nuclear industry at various locations since I began working for Ontario Power Generation in 1987. The positions have always represented a career promotion and opportunity for continuous self development and improvement. My previous experience and knowledge will allow me to fit into this new role in an efficient and effective manner. I have worked directly for the OPG and Bruce Power Training Departments as Training Officer. I have established a good working relationship with many of the Canadian Nuclear training stakeholders both within OPG, Bruce Power, and all supporting work force providers and union organizations
Excellent work environment
CO-OP, Operations (Current Employee) –  Tiverton, ON7 October 2018
This 8 months co-op is a great opportunity to learn about the process and all aspects of a nuclear operator. An orange badge certification was also provided by the company to ensure that workers know the safety requirements to work in a nuclear plant.
Pros
competitive salary
Cons
no steam time provided
Good Pay
COST AND SCHEDULE TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON3 October 2018
Workers are well paid at this company. The work life balance is great. If you like community living and has a young family that are is a great place for you. The workplace culture could be challenging.
Pros
Well Paid
Cons
Very political
Boring, mind numbing place to work if you are a self starter
Elec (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON20 August 2018
I was employed as a temp under a union agreement, negotiated through the PWU in Toronto. It was difficult working for managers who had no idea of the requirements of either of my trade disciplines. It was also difficult working in an environment where the maintenance people who were full time employees from Ontario Hydro days, had no trade certification, and we were essentially doing the same work, but they did not want us in the plant. In some cases it made the working culture undesirable. Most of the work was very unchallenging and repetitive. Trades persons who come in with certification find themselves pigeon holed into the same job day in and day out, doing essentially the same task..
Pros
The money was good for SW Ontario
Cons
Travel from Owen Sound took up 2 hours a day.
Management Consultant (Former Employee) –  Kincardine, ON16 August 2018
This is a great company to work for. Culture is strong and focused on safety and operations. I've enjoyed my time there and my departure had nothing to do with the company but more due to family focus.
Great company to work with
Supply Chain Manager (Current Employee) –  Tiverton, ON12 June 2018
Bruce power, a great place work. very dynamic and diverse organization. Great learning opportunities. I'll recommend professionals work with Bruce Power.
Pros
all pros
Cons
no cons
very good
Electrical and Control Project Technician (Former Employee) –  Kearls Lake Alberta11 April 2018
good company to work for they fly you out and fly u in great work culture good foremans great benefits and super great boading and food, very great in enforcing safet
Not bad
Buyer/Material Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON31 March 2018
Had its moments but people were not put first as broadcasted...
Good ability to ride it out for money but lack of backbone was evident by certain staff
Oversight and monitoring of workers safety/programs
Operations Specialist II (Current Employee) –  Tiverton, ON5 March 2018
Of the 32 years I have worked in the nuclear industry Bruce Power is typical for a large private company. The Safety culture seems to be degrading since going from Crown ownership to private sector. There is room for improvement.
Pros
Wages
Cons
Safety focus vs production focus .
great place to work
Labourer General Foreman (Former Employee) –  Tiverton, ON5 March 2018
great place to work .great pay great people have a tiimmys on site as well as a medical physicality.great chance to advance in your career.many different safety programs and always keeping up with safety codes to keep its employees safe so you can go home to you family every night.
Pros
safety first
Cons
parking lol

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bruce Power. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3