Browns Socialhouse

Browns Socialhouse Employee Reviews

Canada184 reviews
Crazy busy, the owner is a sexist racist. Nobody lasts long there .. the management is a joke. The pay is not good..no room for advancement and growth. It's a fresh concept but it is very stressful
The general and assistant managers were just awful.
They were never around to lead or guide the team and they often said “I don’t care” when approached with various concerns.
It’s a fast past job the Employees are really nice. and really good with help out with everyone in the back of the house and in front of the house and the head chefs is really cool and one of the best boss work with
Pros
Best job ever
the fact that you work 60 hours a week then after a year if you need an unscheduled day off they dock your pay? feels like a slap in the face and theres no explanation
Pros
great corperate training
Cons
depending on the franchise is how you get treated
Great management, staff is all friendly and welcoming, clientele is amazing! Overall this is the best place I’ve worked and was worth a bit of an extra commute
Like with any company, there will be good things and bad things. No where is perfect and in my time working in two browns locations in the lower mainland, I learned just how different the cultures are in kitchen to kitchen even within the same franchise. I loved the ever changing menu and competitive team when I worked with the test kitchen. And had, well to say the least, a sub par time at my secondary location with the company. I found they were to relaxed on most things and not able to enforce certain standards thats should be able to be up held by the management team.
If your looking to get no return on your effort look no further ladies and gentlemen. All browns are a cancer and you are only a number to them, nothing more. Zero reguard for employee well being.
Loved every second of it just it was my time to move on and explore and open my mind to new and bigger things. They fully understood and wish me all the best of lich.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Browns Socialhouse?
Limited to certain positions. Occasionally would contradict themselves. VERY strict with workplace uniform, spent more money one getting the right attire than I made.
Upper KDB management is verbally and emotionally abusive. Don’t fallow through with hiring promises and are too busy blaming rather than being proactive with solutions. This is why the burnt through management. Worst experience of my life
Worked at a location in Camrose and Regina. Both stick well to their marketing and food ingredients. It's a popular business and fun to work for. Thats all.
The kitchen was in complete disarray while I was there. No head chef and the sous chef stepped down. Management was inconsistent and would tell you one thing and do another. Did not receive any raises while I was there despite promises of such.
I work in the kitchen as a line cook, fair kitchen rules and safety was taken very seriously as well as quality of food. Managers were professional and very fair. Hours were distributed fairly while also flexible for the more busier person.
I would recommend it to everyone I know to experience to work at Browns Social House. I learned a lot, fun place to work specially with co-workers. Great workplace.
The working atmosphere in this company is very professional. The management is incredible and they really care about their employees. The staff is friendly and welcoming.
Brown Social House was my first Resturant Experience and that's when I realized how much of a social butterfly I am. I had fun every shift and was always excited to see my co workers. The hardest part of my job was working with the organization of other staff.
Pros
social environment
Cons
having to dress up in tight black clothes
Food is great, atmosphere is casual and warm, my manager at my particular location was hard to deal and communicate with, but my co-workers were amazing.
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Long hours on feet
The overall quality of the food is great and the atmosphere is warming as well as friendly. I would recommend working at this restaurant, the people get along well and mesh together to get things done.
Awful place to work, it’s just like high school the managers pick and choose who gets treated good/ poorly based on privileges. They pay unfairly and favorite all the hot girls in small dresses out front
terrible management, illegal underage serving, would not recommend. Worst management in Sherwood Park location among all other browns social house in Edmonton area
I unfortunately had to switch jobs due to location changes but it was an amazing experience and loved every second of it. The management was super chill and really understanding about other obligations I had.