Brown and Caldwell Employee Reviews for Project Analyst

Beware... They'll reel you in during the interview only to flip the script once you start.
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA4 September 2013
Where to start? Being a project "analyst" at this company is more like being a personal secretary to the Project Engineers you work with. There is very little independence in terms of work resourcing, the tasks you'll have are the tasks you are given by others. You are expected to meet a weekly billability quota of 65%, and must detail your time sheet with notes down to 15 minute increments, you are not told this at any point during the interview process. If you fall below 65% billability you must justify why you weren't as busy for the week, if your answer isn't to your supervisor's liking you'll be threatened with furloughs (although they have no idea what a furlough is). The PMO in Seattle is particularly awful; on my second day there I was told by a co-worker... "Wow, you're the third analyst we've had in 5 months". This was the first red flag, of many to come. How people are promoted to managerial or supervisory roles is beyond me. It seems to be based upon years of service rather than actual leadership abilities, the Seattle PMO is severely lacking in capable leadership. There will be analyst positions posted for the Seattle office in the next few months, unless you're a complete lackey do not apply. There also isn't a clear career progression path for an analyst in this company which can be exceedingly frustrating.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No schedule flexibility, you must work from 8-5, poor leadership from the VP down