Brookstreet Hotel

Brookstreet Hotel Employee Reviews

fun workplace

Met lots of new people and made lots of friends. Fun people to work with. easy to deal with and fun management team. long hours and working a lone. sometimes slow. but always something to do.

Fun friendly environment

The staff are very friendly and supportive at the brookstreet and the environment is always clean and comfortable to be in. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Challenging place to work

Good place for students living close by and looking for part-time jobs. It is fast moving and requires lot of flexibility. Benefits are great and you have to wait for them for six month if you get into full time position.

Pros

Uniform service, parking

Cons

Part time employees

Employee Appreciation

They offer good benefits and a healthy work environment. People who take initiative and work hard will not have a problem working here. Overall, they care about its employees and will understand that life outside of work can be difficult and will attempt to make adjustments to make it easier

Do not work for golf club

Worked at The Marshes (Brookstreets Hotel golf course) Toxic work culture and environment Poor disrespectful Management and coworkers Full of harassment Hotel employees, management and HR were lovely

Work, Play, Getaway

The best company ever to work for. The environment if perfect, everyone is willing to teach you whatever they know. They also know how to keep the work place a fun place to come everyday. I love this company.

Fast paced work environment with strong team setting

An overall decent place to work the only exception being irregular work scheduling, including too many last minute schedule changes. The long work hours can be extremely exhausting. Career advancement is also very rare.

Pros

You will save a lot on food

Cons

Unpredictable work schedule

Great efforts, but restaurant management wasn't up to par

I ended up leaving because of management, but the people working here are excellent! It's like any other restaurant positions with it's faults, but managements lack of coordination and rules just for the sake of rules forced me to leave. Management also changed 2-3 times in my 8 months at the hotel, so it was maybe just a bad time.

Pros

Good tips, Good people, Some employee perks

Cons

Management disorganization

The atmosphere in the workspace is a very warm and pleasant one.The management team there support their teams well to success.The HR department is quite approachable and does a lot through out the year for employee activities. An overall great place to work.

friendly and professional work environment

I enjoyed working at the Brookstreet hotel very much. It was a great experience working with skilled and dedicated colleagues. I worked as a Hostess at the hotel's fine dining restaurant.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Brookstreet Hotel?

Banquet Server

As soon as I stepped in the front doors I felt extremely welcomed and at home. They have been very accommodating since the very beginning. The environment is one that takes getting used to, but is very rewarding to be a part of. The staff are very friendly and are always willing to help. The work that is done can be very demanding and can be a lot to take, but at the end of the night or day you can go home feeling good about what you do.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

Late nights

Great coworkers

Such a fun place to work. Great SPICiIER values. Can tell they really care about their partners. Gala to appreciate all the hard work, and lifelong friendships made a long the way.

Exciting, fun, never boring.

Working in Events leads to constant, new and exciting shifts at work, no shift is exactly the same and there is a lot of variety in what you do during your shifts so partners are never bored. Some days you'll be setting up for a conference, and other days you'll be working until 4 in the morning serving dinner, bartending, then tearing down and resetting for the next event. I enjoy my work at Brookstreet and although the shifts can be long (12+ hours), physically demanding, mentally strenuous, the job fits my lifestyle and accommodates my schooling and the pay is very generous.

Pros

Provided meals, generous compensation, fun employees, fast-paced

Cons

Late nights, work most weekends, little time for social life

Fun Workplace, Friendly

Everyone at Brookstreet is extremely friendly and helpful. Great place to work! You can get a lot of perks working at theis job.

Pros

Free Lunches, Discounted Rooms

Cons

Very Busy not enough time to do all work required

Summary

I was let go because I no longer fit in with my colleagues. They would sit around and chat and I just wanted to come in and get my work done. Since when is working your butt off a negative?

Ok

Work itself is okay if you can handle a lot of BS from guests.Do not trust co-workers. High turnover ratio. Not suitable for long term. Food they provide sucks, can get a food poisoning. Do not take management position as there is not much of $ difference.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Food they provide sucks, can get a food poisoning. Guest complaints a lot.

Enjoyable experience

I think the best thing about Brookstreet is the fact that if you are a dedicated worker, they really do their best to get you to a place you want to be in an advanced position. In most departments, management does a good job of making sure you are taken care of and getting you the things you need to do the best at your position.

Pros

Good employee perks/parties

Cons

Regular customer service woes

very productive and fun workplace environment

Most enjoyable part of the job is working so closely with your colleagues as well as being there as much as possible for the guests. Very supportive management and everyday is a new learning process within the job. Hardest part of the job is always trying to please everyone to the best of your abilities.

Excellent place to work

I would work either shift work (7 - 3:30 / 3 - 11:30) or business hours Monday to Friday 8:30 - 5:30. I learned how to supervise and co-ordinate the front desk, valet, switchboard and reservations. The management was very supportive. My co-workers were pleasant to work with. The hardest part of the job was when there was a communication failure. The most enjoyable part of the job was the passion that partners had to provide excellent guest experiences.

Pros

Great employee perks

Cons

Had to work weekends and shift work

work conditions going down for the past couple years.

no proper carts to work. and what is there, mostly are not in good shape due all the years of usage and no proper maintenance. Broken wheels etc. requested to do cleaning job, dusting all blinds, remove garbage etc... without the proper safety apparel, like masks and gloves at least.

Pros

most of employees are friendly and hard working

Cons

long hours with not proper breaks.

Fantastic place to work with supportive leaders and incredible partners

I am proud to say that I work at the Brookstreet Hotel as they are on the right path for creating a fantastic work environment.

Pros

One meal provided per shift, Free covered Parking, Great discounts for all outlets

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookstreet Hotel. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5Job security/advancement