Brookstone Windows & Doors

Brookstone Windows & Doors Employee Reviews

If you know your job, you’re left to do it without being micromanaged

My position was erased by Covid. If they called me back I’d say thank you, but it’s too far a drive from me, which obviously isn’t their fault.Young energetic company doing well in a huge market with potential for expansion.

Productive and Fun Company with many benefits!

I have just started working here and am still within my 90 day probation period but so far the job has been great and everyone is amazing and supportive! It really does seem like this team wants you to be part of their family and make sure you have everything you need to be successful.

Brookstone makes you feel like family

I have been working at Brookstone windows and doors for almost 2 years now and they take care of their employees like family and we are a customer based company and we care about the quality we are putting into your home and make sure to fix any mistakes that may occur on the way and we love hearing how happy people are after they get are windows and doors thank you Ken for the job I appreciate it alot !

Pros

Paid for travel time and paid lunch

Cons

You have to be flexible because of the weather

Like Family

At Brookstone they are all about family, they will go the extra mile to show they care. Most teams are close and become friends outside of work, they encourage people within the team to speak up about ideas they may have and to pursue their dreams/goals. Brookstone is all about competitive greatness and respecting the grind, they work around the weather and the sun (can cause changes in shifts or cancellations, so you need to be flexible). Brookstone gives great spiffs and have a few different kinds of raffles and awards (they love to throw money at you).Brookstone absolutely loves to promote from within the company and they make this a goal of theirs. They have plenty of meetings to ensure all teams are on the same page and leave room for ideas on improvement from the members in the field. Brookstone prides themselves on teaching good leadership and life skills as well as the values within the company. As a field marketer you don’t get many benefits. Which is probably the only area that needs improvement.

Pros

Pizza days, group celebrations, close team

Cons

Hours shift through the seasons or because of weather, no overtime

Awesome work environment and people

I recently started working at Brookstone and couldn’t be more happier! From the very first interaction, they were transparent and honest about everything. There’s a lot of benefits working as a field marketer such as getting your fitness level up by walking 9km or more each day. Enhancing your communication and problem solving skills. Furthermore, you’ll become a confident conversationalist for anyone’s who’s struggling to be a social butterfly like me. The day you step foot, your presence is meaningful. As a worker here, your efforts never go unnoticed. The work culture here is superb! The only way to tell is to see it for yourself. Everyone here is remarkable! Not to mention, you don’t need to be an early bird to start work here.

Pros

Great place to make friends, master your communication skills, and be rewarded.

Excellent Work Culture

At Brookstone I experienced an entirely new work culture, one that promotes competitive spirit while equally including collaboration and teamwork. Communication is constant within the team which creates a very friendly and stress-free work environment. You will be spending a lot of time with your coworkers which creates many new friendships. Travel between different branches is common, allowing opportunities to make new connections with other members of the company. Motivation is high as there are always fantastic rewards being offered. This makes it competitive while also bringing the team together by having everyone striving for the same goal.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Weather conditions

Ok place to work

If you’re looking for a career with great pay based on performance this is not the place for you. If you’re looking for a job with ok pay and don’t care for advancement then this is for you.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Poor management

I've never been happier at a job.

Working for Brookstone is one of the best decisions I have ever made. I've never worked at a company where I've truly felt like a part of a family. The culture is amazing here and everyone has each other's backs. The social and sales skills you learn from canvassing will change your life for the better and in regards to room for growth, there is SO much of it. Going the extra mile here is not something that will go unnoticed and you will definitely get what you give here. However, with how well they take care of you at Brookstone it's quite easy to give it all you've got. I've never felt this cared for as an employee anywhere else (and I have had a fair share of jobs) and the future is very bright for this company and everyone who decides to be a part of it.

Pros

Uncapped commission, supportive & motivating work environment, internal promotions, rapidly growing company full of opportunity for anyone willing to go the extra mile.

Cons

That I didn't start working here sooner.

Stay away if you can.

This may be a good place to work for you if you have no ambition to move forward in your career. If you want to work as a service person for your whole career than this is the place for you.

Pros

Tools supplied by company.

Cons

Poor schedule, no room for advancement.

Perfect place to be.

I got hired in November 2020 as a team lead position. Brookstone is the place where you should be. It's a great platform for one to grow in sales and management. Not like other companies as they just treat you as an employee while on the other hand Brookstone treats their employees as a part of their family. Working environment is great and professional. With this ongoing pandemic, there are special precautions being taken by the company while inside the office or out in the field. Proper PPE is being followed and extra care is being taken such as temperature checks and sanitizing everything including our gears. I love being a part of the Brookstone family and insist everyone so that we can reach the sky limits with great ambition and enthusiasm.

Pros

Professionalism, Great commission, Great working environment and a right place to grow.

Cons

Nothing that I could think of.

Jobs at Brookstone Windows & Doors

See more jobs

Extremely productive, great for advancement and an amazing culture.

Okay where do I begin. I have been working for Brookstone for about a year and half now and the amount of progress this company has made in that short time span is baffling. When I first started working here I liked the job but never envisioned myself working here long term, the job was fun and challenging but the culture and environment wasn't the best. However with some few changes to the staff and a new system put in place this company took off and is now by far the best place I have ever worked at. Everyone that works here is part of the Brookstone family, they treat you with respect and show an extreme amount of appreciation for your hard work. The pay is awesome, you're not going to find many places that pay you both hourly as well as commission and reward you with tons of incentives. When I first started the company had yearly awards, then added quarterly awards and now we even have monthly awards. You won't find a place that rewards their employees as much as Brookstone does. I've already been promoted to a higher position with more pay then when I first started, with plenty of more opportunities to come in the future. Lastly, the thing I am most grateful about this company is how they have handled this Covid 19 situation, they are extremely diligent in making sure that everyone is safe and following all safety protocols, and also handling the lockdown in a great way. When I came back to work from the first lockdown, I was expecting there to be a lot more challenges generating leads, but with the help of our team here at Brookstone I was even more successful than before.

Pros

Great environment, excellent pay, great hours, tons of incentives and awards. Also plenty of potential for career advancement.

Cons

No benefits program yet.

Resilient, fast expanding company. Great place to further develop sales and teamwork skills

You will get out of this job the equivalent of the effort that you put forth. That being said, everyone in this company is laser-focused on developing everyone else into the best people they can be. When the pandemic started, this company excepted the challenge, adapted, and continued to find success despite the inherent challenges of life with Covid-19. That is because the culture here is rich with support. Not only for the clients, but for each other. This job is a wonderful opportunity to develop and hone sales-related skills, teamwork ability and to observe successful leadership practices in action. To find the most success at this company, become massively invested in building upon your own skills and helping those around you build theirs.

Pros

Great performance incentives, Constant coaching, Strong leadership, Opportunities for upward movement.

Cons

Working Throughout the winter

Great place to start building a career

Brookstone provides a great foundation for anyone starting out in sales or management. I worked as a field marketing manager for about a year, and I learned a lot about building and leading a canvassing team in Cambridge. One thing that makes Brookstone really stand out, is their ambition. They are an incredibly team-focussed company, with aspirations to become the best window and door provider across Canada. It’s a heck of mission, but I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they did it. If you’re looking for a company to grow in, and are interested in either sales or management, I recommend Brookstone Windows and Doors.

Pros

Great management, training and salary

Cons

Too much singing at meetings 😂

Brookstone

This company is an incredible place to work. I could write a novel with the amount of positive experiences I’ve had, from hiring all the way up to an internal promotion. Brookstone prides itself in values and morals that I haven’t seen in a company in my entire life- integrity and customer obsessed isn’t just a slogan to us, it’s our way of life. Ken (our owner) is super involved and an incredible human being. So proud to be a “Brookie”

Pros

Flexible and supportive staff

Cons

Excellent company right from the top down.

I’ve had many jobs over my career. I can say Brookstone is by far the best, most supportive company I’ve ever worked for. I am given all the tools and support I need to be highly successful. Truly, one of a kind place to work and grow. Highly recommend!!

Pros

Great opportunity to make a great living with unparalleled support.

Cons

Amazing place to work, tons of room for advancement

Very welcoming staff and very considerate leaders. All in all, D2D work has a weird aura about it but this company makes it fun, competitive and worth your while in pay and opportunity for advancement. An amazing way to put your foot in the door as far as sales jobs are concerned, and even the opportunity to create a lifelong career with less time needed to advance than any other job I've ever had.

Pros

Great work environment, great pay, great opportunity for advancement

Cons

Some people dont care for d2d salesmen

Challenging, Fun, High Energy

So I've worked for Brookstone about a year now. I would recommend working here to anyone looking for experience in the sales game. i started as a Rep knocking on doors and quickly worked my way into a stable, well paying management position where i feel valued and respected. I have seen the posts on here about job security, i feel that if you are a good fit and have the right skill set for the job it's not an issue. If you are not cut out for it they tell you quick... is that really a terrible thing? Great experience in sales, marketing, speaking (core skills)(raw door-to-door sales)

Pros

Competitive, Money Motivation, Job Culture/Family feel

Cons

Inconsistent commission structure, Saturdays, evenings

Great company and awesome team environment

I've worked with Brookstone for over a year now, I really respect the values of the company from the top down. They take very good care of their customers and their employees. In the field rep position there is multiple ways to make an income so I don't solely have to rely on my hourly wage which is amazing. It's a very positive, motivating and competitive team environment and I enjoy coming to work every day and seeing my Brookstone family!

Pros

Great environment, good pay, have fun at work

Culture Club!

I have had the pleasure to work for the Brookstone family for 1 year in a few weeks. During that short period of time I have gained an understanding of what it means to be customer obsessed, witnessed evolution in all departments and even the Coronavirus could not weaken this teams spirit or resolve. Brookstone is not afraid to try or fail. Not afraid to put the customer first in all business decisions and not afraid promote from within. The culture is the strength or the organization.

Pros

Well managed, growth opportunities, write your own paycheck if your talented, smart & driven.

Cons

Chasing the sun to maximize customer contacts means seasonal hours change based on daylight.

It was enjoyable except for the manager of the Chatman site.

The company overall is good. My experience with the manger of the Chatham site was not. I was terminated in 4 days because during a 3 day work conference that I was lucky I got attend as it was great knowledge we were advised that mostnpeille lose motivation in 2 weeks. Now rather than giving me a chance to prove myself even though I already have references to support that I wouldn't lose motivation he just terminated me. He dosen't listen to the other employees as a matter of fact the one left the chatham site to work at a another site because of the manger. The manager of the Chatham site really wants to nit pick his team and not give anyone a chance to actually adjust to a new job. If you can't get any leads during your 3-4 day work trial he will just terminate you and not give you a chance. The company itself awesome they treat people well and provide a good product. The only problem is the Chatham site.

Pros

Minium wage but good commison and experiencem

Cons

Manangment. Door to door.

Will fire you without reason

No job security. Poor and unfair pay structure. Poor management. I have to fill this out to be able to submit review but I'm choosing to not say anything more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookstone Windows & Doors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.6