Brookstone Windows & Doors
Happiness score is 66 out of 100

Working at Brookstone Windows & Doors: Latest Brookstone Windows & Doors Reviews

Canada55 reviews

doorsaleiveteamcareerculturestartfamily

Very welcoming and fun work environment!

I am a new employee at Brookstone Windows and Doors, and I have had a great first few weeks!I was very intimidated by door to door marketing at first, but through the 3 day work trial, I was able to get a glimpse at the process of door to door work and get a first hand impression of it. With this first had experience, I realized how fun and approachable the position actually is! The team mentality in the company is also very strong and inviting. Everyone provides a positive influence for each other, and are more than happy to help you with any questions or concerns you may have about the job.Overall, in my three weeks at the company, I discovered a new skill I wish to continue to improve upon, I have made some new friends, have had any and all questions answered I may have had, and had a seamless transition into a new work environment that I didn't expect myself to enjoy as much as I do.I would recommend this job and company to anyone who enjoys a positive work environment and a motivating position to continuously improve upon daily!

Pros

Weekly, monthly, and annual incentives and prizes. Active all day. Talking to many new people, developing and honing communication skills.

Cons

Working outside all year round, occasional rude person.

Great Company Culture, Good Pay, Engaging Work: Recommended Company

Best company I've worked for. I joined back in October, recently received a promotion from a canvasser to team lead just 9 months later. There is a lot of opportunity to move up; this company would rather promote from within than hire someone new. The pay quickly becomes great due to uncapped commission and monthly/quarterly bonuses. Pay scales with the quality of work you deliver, which is a great motivator.Really fun work culture as well, emphasizes respecting the grind and frequently awards you for doing so. You'll find the environment professional, progressive and light hearted. Almost always business but not taken too seriously, everyone likes to have fun with it.The work itself is varied. 6 hours a day, 5 days a week. With varying start times depending on weather and sunrise/sunset. As it is a canvassing job, you'll be put in different neighbourhoods daily to generate leads for the company, and you'll be talking to different faces all day. The experiences you can have are endless, as no day is quite the same as the one before it due to so many varying factors. This has some pros and cons.A few Pros:- Every day is fresh and engaging.- You get to meet plenty of different kinds of people, which is great as a people person.- When the weather is nice its such a joy to be outside.- Great exercise since you spend all day walking. - Can easily maintain a great work/life balance.- Get to see a lot of pets!A few Cons:- Sometimes people don't always have the best reactions to you arriving at their door.- It is Canada, therefore the weather doesn't always play nice. -

Pros

Great pay, occasional free lunches, shorter hours, engaging work, bonuses, opportunity to move up within the company

Cons

hours can vary heavily which can impact pay, weather itself can be tough to work in

Insights into Brookstone Windows & Doors

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Clear sense of purpose

Brookstone is the place to be!!!

I started my journey with Brookstone back in January and have nothing but amazing things to say about the company! Here you are heavily compensated for all of your hard work not only in weekly pay out, but also in the memories and laughs you will share with the individuals we are blessed to call our team.

Pros

Weekly pay, Quick room for growth

Cons

Canadian Weather

Fun, yet professional work environment. Great place to work!

This company has a wonderful workplace culture. I have worked for many companies and none compare with how Brookstone treats their employees! The company goes above and beyond for their employees every day. I would highly recommend working at Brookstone!

Exceptional people, exceptional work environment, exceptional company

This company is the best I have ever worked for. They appreciate, respect and value their employees. Management goes above and beyond to ensure employees have all the necessary tools to succeed. I only wish I had found this company earlier. Everyone is so awesome.

Energetic, young, goal driven workplace, with lots of room for fun along the way.

Awesome workplace environment, if you're looking for a fun place to work outdoors with a company that loves to reward you for what you do, join Brookstone Windows and Doors. Field marketing is one of the best jobs I've ever had. On a day to day basis you get to meet new people and have great conversations. I can easily say this is the most enjoyable part of the job for me, Well that and the constant spiffs and occasional gift cards, they really love to spoil their employees. As a person this job helps really you grow as a individual. The culture of the company is very much family oriented, someone is always there to help you achieve your goals.

An A+ company to work for

They truly care, respect and appreciate all their employees. A very positive and friendly work environment. I only wish I had found this company years ago.

Pros

Birthday off

Cons

None at all

Family Oriented Company with an Amazing Culture

Brookstone is a wonderful company to work for. Their work ethic, drive, ambition and belief in the importance of customer satisfaction is in a class of its own. I have learned so much and continue to grow everyday because of the amazing culture and work environment; great people, great mindset. Everyone is patient, understanding, hard-working and always ready to help! Genuinely enjoy coming to work everyday and it's easy to see why!

Pros

work-life balance, lots of support, room for growth, knowledgeable co-workers + management

What a joke

Stay far away from this place they use you until they don't need you ! They tell you one thing claim their family orientated well just managers are. You need time off or to leave early forget it !! Even when the hiring manager says ya no problem place is a joke people are a joke . Run away

Great job

If you want to make a lot of money and fast this jobs is for you. if you're a hard worker and strive towards excellence this company will reward you and appreciate all your efforts big and small. They have such a close knit bond with everyone at Brookstone.

Former field marketing rep

Brookstone is an amazing place to work at. They make you feel like family since day one, they make sure you succeed and they are always helping you to grow and learn. I highly recommend anyone who is looking for a great work environment and looking to learn about sales to apply to Brookstone.

Pros

Flexible hours

Great culture, a place to learn valuable skills, with management and teams that are there to help you win!

If you like to talk to people and be outside this could be for you!Knocking on doors is a tough job but it is rewarding and can be a lot of fun with the right attitude. Brookstone has a great work trail/training program for new employees to make sure they are ready for the job. Over 2 years with Brookstone’s field marketing program I have learnt a lot about sales/marketing & leadership but it has also been a lot of fun.The culture at Brookstone is unlike a lot of places I have worked, its an environment where you can get excited about going to work! The field marketing program is competitive internally while also highly motivated to hit big goals as a team. Brookstone pays you more than just an hourly wage the more effort you put in the more rewarding it is. Commissions paid out weekly and bonuses for goals being hit, also multiple quarterly and monthly bonuses for top performers.This definitely makes it a competitive place to work.Management is committed to your growth and succession within the company if you are dedicated.Overall great place to work if you want to learn about sales and marketing and willing to talk to a lot of people. Highly recommend applying.

Pros

Good work life balance, Base pay plus bonus, Opportunity for growth, Transferable Skillset, Culture

Cons

Not many unless you don’t like being outside and talking to people all day, Hours change based on the season

Brookstone goes the extra mile for their employees

While door-to-door sales isn't for everyone, Brookstone provides ample training and incentive to ensure employees are ready for the challenge. Hours are great, and the schedule is flexible. There are also tons of great giveaways and cash prizes.

Pros

Giveaways (gift cards, TVs, Phones) Flexible schedule Lots of training VERY friendly and positive team

Cons

Cold weather in the winter

This is a great team based and upbeat culture. The company itself actually cares about their employees and it shows on a day to day basis.

This is a company that actually cares about their employees, and they dont just say it they show you on a day to day basis. Within the organization, everyone is like a family no matter where the end goal is. Day to day you are working with people who can bring the best out of you, and in most cases it doesnt feel like work. Overall, i would recommend this company to anyone that is seriously looking for a job, this is a job but at the end of the day this is a family and they take care of their employees.

Pros

Monthly awards. Quarterly awards. Spiffs. Room for advancement. Flexible.

Cons

Hour changes throughout the year.

Fulfilling workplace with energetic culture

The field marketing program at Brookstone is an industry leader, with massive growth potential. From day 1, Brookstone stood out as a company that takes themselves seriously. The interview process is rigorous and thorough, but lightning quick and excites you to start the job. The structure of the field marketing program allows time for training and development each week, along with analytics to ensure you're reaching your full potential. The task at hand is canvassing, however, the skills being developed are life long. Communication, self-confidence, and rejection handling abilities will be built.The senior leaders at Brookstone set clear and ambitious goals, and host weekly meetings to stay aligned. This is also an opportunity to develop your professional career. Some of the biggest challenges are adapting to weather or location changes, but no excuses are made and the job gets done. Some of the most enjoyable parts of the job are appreciated with your teammates. Seeing the full circle, from a canvassed lead into a beautifully transformed home is truly fulfilling. Everyone supports each other because of the win-win system, with no caps on commissions earned. This, piled on with tons of monthly and quarterly awards and spiffs like Visa gift cards, TVs, mountain bikes, and even raptors tickets!Brookstone will truly become a business you personally want to see succeed.

Pros

team culture, awards & giveaways, free food, team building events, uncapped commissions, in-field experiences

Cons

sometimes unpredictable hours

A super fun work environment where every employee matters

Brookstone Windows and Doors is an excellent workplace for someone looking to learn important transferable skills such as communication skills and problem solving. This job is an extremely active job that will test a person's abilities to knock on anybody's front door and help potential clients to book free price quotes for their windows and doors. There will be people that will not be interested at all in getting a price quote and this job will require you to accept that people will say no and once you accept that you will be able to better understand customers and use your vast knowledge of windows and doors to help customers in need.Overall, working at Brookstone Windows and Doors is an easy 5/5. The work environment and the job are very high quality and is a well paying job. The employees of Brookstone Windows and Doors are all top notch individuals and I absolutely love working at Brookstone Windows and Doors.

Pros

Awards (attendance and performance), Flexible schedule, Fun interactions with other teams, Good lunch times, Active work environment, Super nice employees

Cons

Weather dependent, some customers may be rude

Workplace with lots of potential

In my time working at Brookstone I was introduced to a rich culture and supportive team. Without prior experience it is fully possible to move to the top of the ladder through hard work and practice. Canvassing is not everyone's cup of tea. You need tough skin and an open mind for critique. With new positions and branches opening up there is a lot of opportunity for employees who show signs of leadership and consistency.

Pros

Various incentives, paid drive to and from turf, work trial period

Cons

Unpredictable weather can cause inconsistent hours at times

If you know your job, you’re left to do it without being micromanaged

My position was erased by Covid. If they called me back I’d say thank you, but it’s too far a drive from me, which obviously isn’t their fault.Young energetic company doing well in a huge market with potential for expansion.

Productive and Fun Company with many benefits!

I have just started working here and am still within my 90 day probation period but so far the job has been great and everyone is amazing and supportive! It really does seem like this team wants you to be part of their family and make sure you have everything you need to be successful.

Brookstone makes you feel like family

I have been working at Brookstone windows and doors for almost 2 years now and they take care of their employees like family and we are a customer based company and we care about the quality we are putting into your home and make sure to fix any mistakes that may occur on the way and we love hearing how happy people are after they get are windows and doors thank you Ken for the job I appreciate it alot !

Pros

Paid for travel time and paid lunch

Cons

You have to be flexible because of the weather

Excellent Work Culture

At Brookstone I experienced an entirely new work culture, one that promotes competitive spirit while equally including collaboration and teamwork. Communication is constant within the team which creates a very friendly and stress-free work environment. You will be spending a lot of time with your coworkers which creates many new friendships. Travel between different branches is common, allowing opportunities to make new connections with other members of the company. Motivation is high as there are always fantastic rewards being offered. This makes it competitive while also bringing the team together by having everyone striving for the same goal.

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Weather conditions

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookstone Windows & Doors. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement