Brooks Brothers
Brooks Brothers Employee Review

Amazing brand - Poor store management

5 March 2020
considering retail, BB is an amazing company, however, based on management of each store, the experience is different. In my time with Brooks Brothers, two mangers came there both of which lacked basic principals of leadership. I think HQ should put more thought into selecting qualified managers.
Pros
Respected Brand, High Quality products
Cons
Poor store-level management
10 June 2020
The work environment was very toxic, and management was all over the place. Supervisors would routinely abuse workers and cause a lot of emotional stress. Management has awful communication skills and never clearly outlined job expectations.

I even got pinched by my supervisor, and yelled at regularly. The store manager was very racist, and often spoke ill about the Chinese demographic.

One of the company rules is you cannot serve your own family at the store, which the store manager would often violate herself. I got wrongly accused of serving my own family and got pinned to a wall and yelled at for serving and helping an old Indian couple, although they were not my family members.
15 October 2019
Same role
Had a decent time working here. the staff is very closed off and do not enjoy socializing with co workers. i recommend this position for anyone who would like to get into sales
28 May 2019
I enjoyed my time at Brooks Brothers. My only issue was being sent home a few times for forgetting to wear a tie, which seems like something very small when I could make an outfit still appear professional and uncompromising. Other than a few instances with lower level management, I enjoyed working at Brooks Brothers. It is a good gig for a retail job, workers are treated well, we have fair benefits and compensation for the work that we put in. If we saw a profitable quarter, we were rewarded with bonuses. My advice for upper and lower management is to focus on the quality of work and overall appearances rather than the small things.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor lower management