Brooks Brothers

Brooks Brothers Employee Reviews

Canada30 reviews
Great company
Its a good company mostly your customers are tourist and knows Brooks Brothers store .very good quality in cheap price we sell mostly business suit for men and women.
Amazing brand - Poor store management
considering retail, BB is an amazing company, however, based on management of each store, the experience is different. In my time with Brooks Brothers, two mangers came there both of which lacked basic principals of leadership. I think HQ should put more thought into selecting qualified managers.
Pros
Respected Brand, High Quality products
Cons
Poor store-level management
Cool
Amazing work environment. Managers and people are very helpful. One of the best brands available in the market. Gives you a lot of opportunity to learn and expand your area of knowledge
not the best
Had a decent time working here. the staff is very closed off and do not enjoy socializing with co workers. i recommend this position for anyone who would like to get into sales
n/a
great company to work. have fantastic benefits, got amazing clothing based from USA, has a fantastic history how brooks brothers started in 1818. the fours brothers ran the company.
learned lot in this company
dealing hard customers with positive and calm behavior ,team working place ,helpful management and learned fashion and color story them. Brand and product knowledge.
Productive work place
Brooks Brothers provides good customer service.
The most important thign I learn at Brooks Brotehrs are

- Multi-tasking.

- Handle different customer service situation .
Good job, iffy management
I enjoyed my time at Brooks Brothers. My only issue was being sent home a few times for forgetting to wear a tie, which seems like something very small when I could make an outfit still appear professional and uncompromising. Other than a few instances with lower level management, I enjoyed working at Brooks Brothers. It is a good gig for a retail job, workers are treated well, we have fair benefits and compensation for the work that we put in. If we saw a profitable quarter, we were rewarded with bonuses. My advice for upper and lower management is to focus on the quality of work and overall appearances rather than the small things.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor lower management
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Brooks Brothers?
Quality Brand
Training here was comprehensive and professional. You can tell there is a lot of care and pride in selecting and training candidates. Great place to learn the history of retail and clothing. One of the better companies to work for, however not as easy to grow and develop as the structure is established and challenging to get creative or integrate initiatives.
A very nice place to work
Brooks is one of the best company I ever worked . They love and protect the staff with a very motivating environment . Quality of time with managers are felt. Love to go back if they will open again here in Edmonton.
Pros
Breaks are followed fairly. Given a very high employee discounts. (60%)
Cons
only few full time staff
Great place to work!!!
Working at Brooks Brothers you feel like your in a family. This really old clothing retailer. Which has 100's of stores world wide, actually makes you feel like your in a small family run store. They care about their staff a lot. They provide the highest form of benefits that even people who work at the benefit company don't even get. They want to teach and build your skills. All they ask is that you work hard, pitch in and give it your all. Brooks Brothers is one of the best employers I have ever worked for.

Management is kind, compassionate, willing to do anything for you. They put a lot of faith in you and in your development.

They care deeply about their customers, they are passionate about their customers and they want to give them the best of the best.

The best part about working at Brooks Brothers is that you are giving the opportunity to grow and expand your knowledge. That hard work and real effort are rewarded and encouraged.

The team at Brooks is very close, they make new people feel welcome. They go out of their way to include you in social gatherings and events. Friendships are formed, they celebrate your birthdays, they care when your sick or hurt.

What I learned from Brooks Brothers is how to be a better manager, to be a better person. They cared about my growth not just as an employee but as a person.I learned a lot from them and I would recommended them to anyone as a retailer and as a company to work for.
Pros
Coworkers, management, skills, opportunities, great communication, amazing benefits
Cons
Can develop good soft skills here.
Brooks Brothers provided a good platform to develop people skills and the ability to consult and sell. A usual day would contain normal aspects of other retail jobs. However, employees will get exposure to consultation with customers.
enjoyable
The best part would be to establish a connection with the client so that they always come back to you whenever they are in need of a change in their wardrobe and so you become their wingman.
amazing experience and great team
it was great spending time at brooks brothers. great compensation and experience. learning about costumer and costumer's needs and sales in the field of high end retail.
Pros
strong team
Cons
hours
Sqeezes out the last bit of ur energy with no appreciation or rewards
Worked at this location during the initial days. The team was great with some good leaders but the business leaders from Head Office was ridiculous and not understanding. Always criticised the team at store and the Managers in store for not meeting plans and never stood for the employees. Bonus is IMPOSSIBLE here and APPRECIATION is absolutely NILL from Head Office. Never did we get treated for dinner or even a cup of tea sponsored by the company. Never will recommend anyone to work here. The company doesn't value the employees that they have.
Cons
No Bonus, No value for employee
Friendly working environment
Colleagues help each other to achieve sales goals. In Brooks Brother I earned knowledge on high level suiting and communication skills with customers.
Very Friendly People
Great work experience and great location. Managers were good and were very hands on with the training. very busy on weekends and moderate during the week
good work environment
good work environment and good staff and the beeneifts are also good and the work life balance is good. the location of the store was also in a nice area
fun place with great fashion style and luxury
great fashion style brought to canada that was needed in this market. mangement was not that effective but the team was great so it made for a good working environment......the hardest part was dealing with the american style pay structure
Pros
discount
Cons
pay
excellente organisation
Très bonne impression, cadre sympa, management actif. les managers essayent vraiment de rendre l'ambiance du travail professionnelle et sécurisante pour tous.
Great Work Place
Fun work place and very supportive management, 8 hours of job with lots of benefits from the company, co-workers are also very supportive