Brookfield Residential
View all Brookfield Residential reviews

Brookfield Residential

Brookfield Residential Employee Review

No Growth, too long hours

It is a corporate ladder that is hard to climb since the managers take all the credits and you have to just say yes for everything. If you say no to working overtime or on the weekends, you are seen as a bad apple. Worked overtime for a year and later the upper management tells me I have office working hours. No work-life balance, really low pay, and not-so-diverse culture.

Pros

Education paid for

Cons

Long hours, underpay

2.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

After a few months the work get repetitive.

There is one minority race missing from the entire company. You will have to get in to see for yourself. They make it seem like a great place to work but after the honeymoon period ends you start to see how things really are. The upper managment of a certain department always made smart remarks and only hires women. House designs are not the greatest compared to the other competitors.
Same location

No Big Egos. Lots of Perks.

If you find the right department it can be a place to stay for many years. Updated office and generally friendly staff. Upper management are very down to earth with no big egos. Some new managers need work as there is currently micro managing and trust issues. The company is trying to move towards more work life balance but some managers are still old school and could use more people/management training. The pay is not reflective towards workload and experience which results in feelings of being undervalued and underpaid. Lots of perks and free lunch every Tuesday.

Official response from Brookfield Residential

3 January 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience! As you know, we put a lot effort into creating a good work environment for our employees, including promoting work/life balance. That being said, no workplace is perfect so we would love your feedback on how to do better. Please send me a note at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com and let's talk through your concerns.
Same location

Manager and department needs work.

Friendly people, good office space. VP's should get more involved in understanding what everyone in their department does. This will help them better evaluate the employees compensation. Manager was impatient, too serious and micro managed. Position was tedious, repetitive and lots of meticulous tracking that just ends up burning you out. Low pay for the amount of work.

Official response from Brookfield Residential

3 January 2020
Thanks for providing your feedback. Having a great culture is important to us! We're disappointed to hear that didn’t have the best experience as a team member. We’re always open to hear about your experience so if you’d like to share more about your time working with us, please email us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement