Brookfield Residential

Brookfield Residential Work-life balance reviews

Canada48 reviews

Clear
3.7Pay & benefits

Workplace is good, front line management is involved

Overall great place to work. Workers and management are friendly and very helpful. Great team atmosphere. Work/life balance is great, benefits are great. I would never have left if it wasnt that i only worked part time.

Pros

Company benefits are great, work/life balance is great as well. Company inclusive atmosphere is a definite plus.

Cons

Sometimes the follow through is a little lacking.

19 January 2021
Thank you for your review and we are happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us. Having an inclusive culture and atmosphere is of utmost importance to us! We truly appreciate your feedback and wish you all the best in the next step of your career.

No Growth, too long hours

It is a corporate ladder that is hard to climb since the managers take all the credits and you have to just say yes for everything. If you say no to working overtime or on the weekends, you are seen as a bad apple. Worked overtime for a year and later the upper management tells me I have office working hours. No work-life balance, really low pay, and not-so-diverse culture.

Pros

Education paid for

Cons

Long hours, underpay

Insights into Brookfield Residential

What people like
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Fair pay for job

A horrible stressfest

Stay far away if you don't like being overwhelmed to the point where you need stress leave. Managers of the construction side are a horrendous elitist group.

Pros

Discount on a house after 19 months

Cons

Long hours, even if you're on salary, no overtime, terrible management

Productive work place

I had a great time working at Brookfield. Management and leadership were great, always offering assistance and education. Brookfield had an excellent team feel to it and the dynamic between workers is some of the best I've seen in my experience.

19 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to provide a positive review. We are proud to have such passionate team members who enjoy mentoring and sharing their knowledge! Thank you for your contributions during your time with us and we wish you all the best on your future endeavors.

Work more for less

Cons: "Double standards" are on a whole new level at this place. Expectations are unreasonable in every possible way. Sometimes big business decisions are made based on minimum knowledge/fact ,only for sake of making one. Let's call it try and error. Bonus goals are defined unreasonably. Salaries are below market's average. No room to grow in your career. Managers claim all the success and give each other pat on the back while most of the work is done by the regular employees. A large upper management team versus small number of employees. Upper management keeps all the perks for themselves and do not share with their team members assuming that they wont know. Guess what! Everybody knows! Communication line is broken between departments. Deadlines set by managers are unreasonable. Expected unpaid extra hours versus their advertised work life balance. Sales teams are incompetent. Pros: Nice office Decent number of vacation days (on paper)

19 January 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are saddened to hear that your experience did not reflect our appreciation of the invaluable contributions our team members make each and every day. Our Total Rewards team regularly reviews our compensation and benefits packages to ensure that we are competitive with what the market is offering. If you are open to sharing specifics of your concerns above, please reach out to us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com.

Good Culture

Good Corporate culture. Nice office with lots of perks - gym, yoga, snacks. Flexible work schedule and friendly staff. They are willing to help you move up the corporate ladder or transition to other departments.

3 January 2020
Thank you for your positive feedback. We certainly strive to provide our team members with internal growth opportunities and promote from within wherever possible. We encourage and support internal and external professional development that help our team members be the best they can be!

No Big Egos. Lots of Perks.

If you find the right department it can be a place to stay for many years. Updated office and generally friendly staff. Upper management are very down to earth with no big egos. Some new managers need work as there is currently micro managing and trust issues. The company is trying to move towards more work life balance but some managers are still old school and could use more people/management training. The pay is not reflective towards workload and experience which results in feelings of being undervalued and underpaid. Lots of perks and free lunch every Tuesday.

3 January 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience! As you know, we put a lot effort into creating a good work environment for our employees, including promoting work/life balance. That being said, no workplace is perfect so we would love your feedback on how to do better. Please send me a note at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com and let's talk through your concerns.

troubled management

good work space, nice people , very good benefits overall... but the management are so bad and so many managers involved to make small decision... too much hours

Great place to grow professionally.

Great values and team members to surround with. Compensations and benefits are excellent. This is a company that is always evolving and adapting to the current demand and challenges.

Pros

Professional growth

Cons

Job stability

6 May 2019
Thanks for leaving your positive feedback! On an annual basis, the Total Rewards team reviews and researches the newest compensation and benefit trends to ensure Brookfield is competitive in the market. We value our people, so they always come first.

Good people, but poor market to be in right now

The people I worked with were great, but the small IT organization means you wear multiple hats, and don't have time to do things well. There wasn't much respect or support for following best practices.

Pros

You get to try many roles

Cons

No visionary goals to inspire staff

29 April 2019
Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you were able to increase your knowledge and development by trying out different positions. There is always room for improvement, so we hope you had the opportunity to share that with your leaders. If not, feel free to reach out to us at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com.

Great company with a positive future

Great company with a positive future, team of very talented individuals..Exciting diverse product mix with opportunity to take on projects outside the reach of most companies

29 April 2019
Thank you for sharing your positive experiences from your time working at Brookfield. We are very excited to expand into the mixed-use sector and build partnerships with team members across North America. Wishing you the best in your future endeavors.

overall, good company to work for

brookfield residential was a good company to work for. it had good benefits, a good work environment and decent work life balance. overall i would recommend this company to someone else

12 November 2018
Very kind of you to write a nice review. We provide our team members with an excellent benefits and vacation package to assist in a healthy work/life balance. Much effort goes into creating a work environment that is inspirational and affords a great place to work. Thank you for your contribution to Brookfield Residential and best of luck in your future endeavors.

Productive and fun place to work in

Brookfield is a good place to work, the work environment is professional and management is fair and reliable. I would recommend working for Brookfield to anyone.

Pros

New Challenges

Cons

Transparency

13 February 2018
Thanks for your feedback. We are very proud of our culture and know that team members, like you, help us create a great environment to work in. Wishing you the best in the next step of your career!

Best place to call home

Great place to work. Friendly management. Lots of growth and opportunity to move up in the company. The company takes the time to invest you so can have the proper tools and guidance to excel in your career. The president is very friendly and along with the Vps of the company as well.

Pros

free tuesday lunch

13 February 2018
Thanks for sharing your experience! We take pride in investing in the development of our team members and encourage growth and opportunity whenever possible. Thank you for being a part of the reason that we can create the best places to call home!

Work here with caution

This company has great benefits and has a fantastic office to work in with many extras. BUT: You will be overworked and under appreciated. They preach work life balance but do not practice it. Management is horrible and very inexperienced just a big boys club.

Pros

Excellent office and office location, great benefits

Cons

Staff overworked and under appreciated

28 July 2017
Dear Brookfield Alumni, I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. As you know we put a lot effort into creating a good work environment for our team members to do great work. That said, no workplace is perfect and we appreciate all feedback on how we can do better, especially from people who know us best. Send me a note at thankyou@brookfieldrp.com and let's talk through this more. Thanks for your feedback,

A Great Work Place Community!

Brookfield Residential is a great place to work. There Work Place Community makes it a desirable Company to be a part of. They strive to ensure that all of their employees have a strong work/life balance. They also strive to to help their employees with their career advancement.

Great company and people

Great company and people room for advancement great perks some un expected turn over lately overall still a good place to work

Pros

Lots of perks

Loved living the Brookfield life.

The management team there provided an excellent work environment, and focused on transparency from the shareholders down. They were often throwing lunch and learns to educate employees on topic related to health and wellness, personal finances, and safety to name a few. Brookfield was a great enviroment to grow and learn. Open communication between departments allowed for a community feel on a day to day basis.

Pros

Free Lunch and Learns, Fitness Programs and Great Work/Life Balance

Fun place to work

Management wasquite professional and there wasa good work life balance, there was good team spirit and people werenice to each other, here wageswerent great but the benefits were great.

Pros

great benefits good culture

Cons

Not the best wages

N/a

It was a very busy condo in downtown Toronto with little time to breath

Excellent company with inspiring executives who are the best in the industry.

Working for Brookfield Residential was a remarkable experience. I truly believe there is a lot of potential to grow with the company since they have three different divisions and are in several cities in North America. The compensation and benefits are somewhat comparable to the oil and gas sector and the emphasis to work and life balance is outstanding.Highly recommend this company.

Pros

one friday off a month plus two extra flex days, total of 14 flex days a year, great benefits, work hard and play hard phylosophy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Brookfield Residential. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.3 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement